The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

simply stating or suggesting that there were other crimes isn't evidence of them.

I'm asking leftists what the evidence of other crimes if because I feel like I'll have to vote for Trump if no such evidence is produced. And I don't want to do that. So maybe I'm actually begging for evidence of other crimes. 🤣
I’m sure that if you really wanted to look, you could find it. The truth is out there.

The jury agreed. Even the one that got their news from social.

Try using the Google. I’m sure someone could explain it to you. Maybe try Reddit in the. R/explain it like I’m five. Maybe when Dido comes back from his unplanned vacation he can explain it to you.
That's the tagline of The X-Files, a science fiction TV series that was very popular during the 90s. Not an actual answer.

Why can't you just tell me what the evidence is?
Do I work for you?

This is a place for discussion, sir. You're here. I'm here. Why have me search Google and Reddit for the answer to my question if you already know what the answer is? Feel free to tell me what the evidence is any time.

Sportello

This is a place for discussion, sir. You're here. I'm here. Why have me search Google and Reddit for the answer to my question if you already know what the answer is? Feel free to tell me what the evidence is any time.
Because you won’t necessarily accept the answers that I provide.

This question has been asked and answered hundreds of times by news and legal experts.

Read the jury instructions, read the testimony. Read the charges.
Surely you are capable of that?

Meanwhile your buddy DIDO won’t respond to his lies about voting laws, yet I’m supposed to be your home school teacher?

vantexan

Because you won’t necessarily accept the answers that I provide.

This question has been asked and answered hundreds of times by news and legal experts.

Read the jury instructions, read the testimony. Read the charges.
Surely you are capable of that?

Meanwhile your buddy DIDO won’t respond to his lies about voting laws, yet I’m supposed to be your home school teacher?
MSNBC doesn't count. Name the evidence and the crime that got him convicted.

Yolo

Im an independent voter. Free thinker. I don't watch the lame stream media. Fake news. I wasn't going to vote for Trump but now that I know he's a criminal I am voting for him twice. Maga.

Sportello

Now do one for:

“What evidence elevated Trump falsified business records charges from misdemeanors to felonies that could be tried in 2024?”

Then you’ll be answering what I’ve actually been asking.
Now you are 'actually' asking a different question than what I answered.

The jurors said they unanimously agreed that Trump falsified business records to conceal a $130,000 hush money payment to adult film star Stormy Daniels to influence the outcome of the 2016 election.

Are you asking about the statute of limitations? If so, just say it.

I'm sure all of that will be litigated by people more knowledgeable than me or you.

One argument that I'm aware of is that the statute of limitations can be tolled, since a sitting president can not be indicted.

Box Ox

Falsification of business records isn't a felony in New York if it wasn't done in furtherance of another crime. And the statute of limitations had expired for charges of misdemeanor falsification of business records.

So what's the evidence of the other crime that elevated the charges to felonies? Focus for me here.
Now do one for:

“What evidence elevated Trump falsified business records charges from misdemeanors to felonies that could be tried in 2024?”

Then you’ll be answering what I’ve actually been asking.
Now you are 'actually' asking a different question than what I answered.

I am indeed. Because the question you tried to answer today is not the one I've been asking for 24 hours now.

Are you asking about the statute of limitations? If so, just say it.

I've been saying it since yesterday. Did you miss my posts from yesterday?

Sportello

I am indeed. Because the question you tried to answer today is not the one I've been asking for 24 hours now.

I've been saying it since yesterday. Did you miss my posts from yesterday?
Yes, I must have.

Did you miss my answer?

I'm sure all of that will be litigated by people more knowledgeable than me or you.
One argument that I'm aware of is that the statute of limitations can be tolled, since a sitting president can not be indicted.

Box Ox

Yes, I must have.

Did you miss my answer?

I didn't miss your acknowledgement of my actual question which didn't provide the evidence I was asking for in my actual question. Which is why I'm wondering why you're instead providing answers to a question I didn't ask.

Let me know if you've got something.

Thebrownblob

I didn't miss your acknowledgement of my actual question which didn't provide the evidence I was asking for in my actual question. Which is why I'm wondering why you're instead providing answers to a question I didn't ask.

Let me know if you've got something.
You will be waiting a long time, he hasn’t posted anything useful here that I know of.

Sportello

CLAIM: “They missed the statute of limitations by a lot because this was very old. They could have brought this seven years ago instead of bringing it right in the middle of the election.”

THE FACTS: Judge Merchan in February denied a request from Trump’s legal team to dismiss the indictment on the grounds that the statute of limitations had passed, according to court documents.

In his decision, Merchan cited pandemic-era executive orders issued in March 2020 and April 2021 by former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo that extended the limit on filing criminal charges.

New York’s statute of limitations for most felonies is five years. The earliest charge in Trump's felony indictment was described as occurring on Feb. 14, 2017, while the indictment was filed on March 30, 2023.

But Cuomo's executive orders meant that the deadline for filing the charges in the indictment was extended by one year and 47 days, meaning that it was brought just under the wire.

In New York, the clock can also stop on the statute of limitations when a defendant is continuously outside the state. Trump visited New York rarely over the four years of his presidency and now lives mostly in Florida and New Jersey. Merchan did not address this argument in his decision.