The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I love how you guys are so confident but so mistaken.

“FECA also allows the transfer of campaign funds “without limitation to any national, State, or local committee of any political party.” Thus if otherwise lawful, campaign funds may be transferred to another candidate, or invested for use in a future political campaign, provided, again, that there is no conversion of funds to personal use.”
Campaign Finance Laws Give Harris Big Boost in Biden Dropout Scenario
"If Biden were to withdraw his candidacy, only Kamala Harris could seamlessly use funds raised by the Biden-Harris campaign committee."

Next Day Err

Campaign Finance Laws Give Harris Big Boost in Biden Dropout Scenario
"If Biden were to withdraw his candidacy, only Kamala Harris could seamlessly use funds raised by the Biden-Harris campaign committee."
Yes, "seamlessly" being the operative word. If they both dropped out or there was a brokered convention then the money doesn't just sit unused. It will be transferred to the final general election campaign.

vantexan

“FECA also allows the transfer of campaign funds “without limitation to any national, State, or local committee of any political party.” Thus if otherwise lawful, campaign funds may be transferred to another candidate, or invested for use in a future political campaign, provided, again, that there is no conversion of funds to personal use.”
I love how you guys are so confident but so mistaken. Seems you're mistaken a lot. I'm confident in that.

Box Ox

I love how you guys are so confident but so mistaken. Seems you're mistaken a lot. I'm confident in that.

The mainstream media is now screaming that Biden isn't fit to be president and yet our resident leftists are still holding on for dear life to the idea that voters will disagree in November because Jill has decided she's going to keep whipping the horse that provides her a certain lifestyle until the moment it dies in front of her.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1720058346712.png

vantexan

The mainstream media is now screaming that Biden isn't fit to be president and yet our resident leftists are still holding on for dear life to the idea that voters will disagree in November because Jill has decided she's going to keep whipping the horse that provides her a certain lifestyle until the moment it dies in front of her.
Funny that they religiously believed what the Left media was telling them before but now can't seem to admit they had been fooled all along. If they admit that then it begs the question what else have they been fooled on? When you believe in your heart you're intellectually superior to those nasty MAGA supporters then how can you admit you were fooled by the very group you believe represents your values? Doesn't compute.

newfie

Yes, campaign funds from one presidential campaign can be transferred to another, but there are regulations and restrictions that govern how this can be done. The Federal Election Commission (FEC) allows candidates to transfer funds between authorized committees that they control. However, there are specific rules regarding the timing, amounts, and purposes of these transfers to ensure they comply with campaign finance laws.

Typically, funds can be transferred between committees of the same candidate or from a former candidate's committee to a current candidate's committee. This is often done to support the same political goals or to retire campaign debt. It's important that these transfers are properly reported and documented to adhere to transparency requirements.

Overall, while transfers between campaigns are possible, they must be done in accordance with FEC regulations to ensure legality and transparency in campaign finance practices.
i hope its ok to quote a legal expert instead of you on this one?

"In order for the withdrawing candidate's committee to get the funds into the campaign account of a successor candidate's campaign, the withdrawing candidate would have to refund the money to the original donors, who could then contribute to the new candidate's campaign,' explained Trevor Potter, president of the Campaign Legal Center."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What I'm wondering is are these leftists genuinely dumb enough to think the scouts immunity ruling means the president can do whatever he wants....

....or are they just choosing to participate in a fake distraction from the fact the media fooled them into thinking Biden didn't have dementia this whole time?

Box Ox

What I'm wondering if are these leftists genuinely dumb enough to think the scouts immunity ruling means the president can do whatever he wants....

If Democrats really believed that were true, and also that a Trump re-election would be the end of democracy.....shouldn't we be expecting to see some....very aggressive action ordered by Biden toward Trump within the next few months?

newfie

What I'm wondering is are these leftists genuinely dumb enough to think the scouts immunity ruling means the president can do whatever he wants....
they thought lawfare would allow them to paint trump a criminal with the thought in mind that many voters would not look past the indictments. They hoped they would be able to bum rush a conviction in their home courts favorable to their efforts.

they built a house of cards hoping it would stay up long enough to win the election.
jack smith wrecked that plan by trying to expedite a ruling on presidential immunity.
Biden wrecked that plan by showing up in full vegetable mode at the debate.
and lastly voters wrecked that plan by proving they actually can and do pay attention.

newfie

If Democrats really believed that were true, and also that a Trump re-election would be the end of democracy.....shouldn't we be expecting some....very aggressive action ordered by Biden toward Trump within the next few months?
we should or at least i expect that anything along that line is possible.

if the deep state can cook up the russian collusion fantasy with the help of the FBI and help cook up the russian hunter biden laptop story in 2020 then is there really anything the deep state won't do?

Is biden the swamp king or is it hillary?

Box Ox

If Democrats really believed that were true, and also that a Trump re-election would be the end of democracy.....shouldn't we be expecting to see some....very aggressive action ordered by Biden toward Trump within the next few months?
we should or at least i expect that anything along that line is possible.

if the deep state can cook up the russian collusion fantasy with the help of the FBI and help cook up the russian hunter biden laptop story in 2020 then is there really anything the deep state won't do?

Those two things together sound like they'd seriously level up actions against Trump from things like Russian collusion stories in 2017 to drones circling overhead in 2024, no?

When Democrats tell me they believe these things I tend to tell them I don't think they truly believe them because they aren't acting like a person probably would if the situation Democrats say we're in were actually the situation we're in.