The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

Teamsters members heavily favor Trump over Harris ahead of union endorsement decision - POLITICO

September 18, 2024

"Former President Donald Trump leads Vice President Kamala Harris nearly two-to-one among Teamsters members, according to survey data the union released Wednesday as it considers an endorsement in the presidential race.

Close to 60 percent of members who participated in an electronic poll said they supported Trump, compared to 34 percent who backed Harris. A separate survey conducted via phone similarly had Trump up big: 58 percent to 31 percent.

Earlier this week General President Sean O’Brien said earlier this week the polling of its membership would be a key consideration.

“Our members are the union, and their voices and opinions must be at the forefront of everything the Teamsters do,” O’Brien said in a release. “Our final decision around a possible Presidential endorsement will not be made lightly, but you can be sure it will be driven directly by our diverse membership.”

Shortly thereafter, the Teamsters announced it would not endorse either candidate."
Key word there is "participated". I never heard a word about any electronic poll.

Is the phone survey fake news too?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1726787401509.png

vantexan

lol you and @UnionStrong both don’t realize there was essentially a party switch? Lincoln would be considered a democrat today
You obviously haven't seen Lincoln's views on economics. Very much a Republican. While we're at it Democrats like FDR and Truman had liberal views on economics but no way would they support a lot of the social policies of today's Democrats.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You obviously haven't seen Lincoln's views on economics. Very much a Republican. While we're at it Democrats like FDR and Truman had liberal views on economics but no way would they support a lot of the social policies of today's Democrats.
Democrats back then, swore allegiance to America.

Democrats back then, swore allegiance to America.

So now you're going to go with the whole party switch propaganda. From somebody who doesn't associate with either party let me tell you that is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories I've heard ever.
you guys need to read a history book. You are very uninformed, but still so confident. Dangerous combination

The parties absolutely switched. And it’s Republican propaganda to try and deny it

Democrats were fighting for the confederacy. Lincoln, a Republican, was fighting for the union. Democrats were fighting for “states rights”. Republicans wanted the federal government

Let me ask you something, go down to the south today, go up to someone waving a confederate flag, if you had to guess, do you think they’re a Republican or democrat today?

Which party today is more states rights and which is more federal government?

vantexan

you guys need to read a history book. You are very uninformed, but still so confident. Dangerous combination

The parties absolutely switched. And it’s Republican propaganda to try and deny it

Democrats were fighting for the confederacy. Lincoln was fighting for the union

Let me ask you something, go down to the south today, go up to someone waving a confederate flag, if you had to guess, do you think they’re a Republican or democrat today?
There's more to being a Republican or Democrat than race relations. Lincoln had much more in common with today's Republicans than today's Democrats. As for Confederate flag wavers in the South, I don't know any registered Republicans down here doing that. Some probably do, but the relative few waving those flags these days are usually seriously ignorant rednecks who don't align with any party because they hate government.

Brown Down

Democrats were fighting for the confederacy. Lincoln, a Republican, was fighting for the union. Democrats were fighting for “states rights”. Republicans wanted the federal government

Which party today is more states rights and which is more federal government?
If you think that is all it is to being a Democrat or a Republican and it is you who are greatly misinformed. And you even just mentioning only two parties shows just how little YOU know about our history. My own state was formed due to the civil war so I'm pretty sure I know a good chunk since I know my own state's history really well. Clearly you do not. So don't come on here acting like you know everything because you don't son.

Brown Down

And for the record dip:censored2: I'm a freaking registered independent and have been probably for the last 16 years before that I was a Democrat. I've seen the changes but it's not a switch. It's a complete change from the morals and integrity that each party had. Neither sides beliefs from years ago applied today