The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

You're pushing stereotypes. Go up to someone waving a Confederate flag? As if that's common.
Dude, confederate flags are on government buildings in the south and on state issued license plates. Maybe you live in a more liberal area, I don’t know, but there are plenty of confederate flags in the south and it’s ignorant to say otherwise

We have current politicians running now who gave speeches in front of the flag and have it on their government desk

tourists24

Thank you for at least admitting the first part. And your last part is essentially what I said. The parties changed. The democrats and republicans are not the same as they were back then, and it’s just ignorant to claim otherwise, and isn’t a “conspiracy” like the others have said
It’s what happens when you’re married to a history major lol. You can see how some things have changed, but it’s still a vicious game of politics

Brown Down

It’s what happens when you’re married to a history major lol. You can see how some things have changed, but it’s still a vicious game of politics
Correct things have changed but they have not flipped or switched. If anybody would say shifted I would agree but the whole flipped or switched is the biggest crock of smile* ever

tourists24

Correct things have changed but they have not flipped or switched. If anybody would say shifted I would agree but the whole flipped or switched is the biggest crock of smile* ever
Well in basic simplicity the Republicans did believe in more federal control and Democrats wanted more state control. Outside of that you’re correct. The biggest mystery is somewhere after the Civil Rights Act of 64 the Republicans magically became the party of racism which isn’t true but has attempted to be politically made that way

So when Texas talks about seceding from the states today, do you think that’s democrats or republicans pushing it?

It was the southern democrats fighting for the confederacy.

If you see someone in the south waving a confederate flag, and you had to bet money on who they’re voting for, do you think it would be Trump or Harris?

Brown Down

Well in basic simplicity the Republicans did believe in more federal control and Democrats wanted more state control. Outside of that you’re correct. The biggest mystery is somewhere after the Civil Rights Act of 64 the Republicans magically became the party of racism which isn’t true but has attempted to be politically made that way
Yeah that is one thing that did get flipped if you want to call it that way. I sure wouldn't argue myself on that at all

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Especially since that act would not have happened without republicans. Most Democrats were against it.

vantexan

Dude, confederate flags are on government buildings in the south and on state issued license plates. Maybe you live in a more liberal area, I don’t know, but there are plenty of confederate flags in the south and it’s ignorant to say otherwise

We have current politicians running now who gave speeches in front of the flag and have it on their government desk

OMG 160 out 4.5 million cars in Louisiana have license tags with Confederate flags on them! Every statehouse in the South has stopped flying the flag. You can find them on Civil War memorials. I've lived in Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and North Carolina. My home county in Florida was settled primarily from Georgia and Alabama and was one of the most racist places in the South in the 1950's and '60's. It's just not happening anymore like you believe. The vast majority of people have moved on.

vantexan

So when Texas talks about seceding from the states today, do you think that’s democrats or republicans pushing it?

It was the southern democrats fighting for the confederacy.

If you see someone in the south waving a confederate flag, and you had to bet money on who they’re voting for, do you think it would be Trump or Harris?
Texas can't secede. But it can split into 5 states. If the Democrats manage to make D.C. and Puerto Rico states to get 4 more Democratic senators then I hope Texas will consider breaking up.

OMG 160 out 4.5 million cars in Louisiana have license tags with Confederate flags on them! Every statehouse in the South has stopped flying the flag. You can find them on Civil War memorials. I've lived in Florida, Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, and North Carolina. My home county in Florida was settled primarily from Georgia and Alabama and was one of the most racist places in the South in the 1950's and '60's. It's just not happening anymore like you believe. The vast majority of people have moved on.
South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas are the only states that have government state issued confederate flag license plates. Would you consider those states to be Republican or democrat?

vantexan

South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas are the only states that have government state issued confederate flag license plates. Would you consider those states to be Republican or democrat?
Are you under the impression there aren't Democrats in those States? They're majority Republican. Did you forget Louisiana? 160 out of 4.5 million proves my point. You're trying to paint the South as some extremely racist place. You're wrong. There are racists here as there are all over the country.

Are you under the impression there aren't Democrats in those States? They're majority Republican. Did you forget Louisiana? 160 out of 4.5 million proves my point. You're trying to paint the South as some extremely racist place. You're wrong. There are racists here as there are all over the country.
They’re majority Republican, you’re right. The only states, that are in the south, that issue confederate license plates are majority Republican. And back when the confederacy was still around, those same states were majority democrat. It was the southern democrats who were fighting for the confederacy. And that’s because the two parties have shifted dramatically and essentially switched

vantexan

They’re majority Republican, you’re right. The only states, that are in the south, that issue confederate license plates are majority Republican. And back when the confederacy was still around, those same states were majority democrat. It was the southern democrats who were fighting for the confederacy. And that’s because the two parties have shifted dramatically and essentially switched
So? Doesn't mean white Republicans are waving Confederate flags everywhere. What's the most Republican state in the country? Wyoming. As a matter of fact the 5 most Republican states today weren't in the Confederacy. You're assuming the South is full of Confederate flag waving racist Republicans. You'd be wrong.

So? Doesn't mean white Republicans are waving Confederate flags everywhere. What's the most Republican state in the country? Wyoming. As a matter of fact the 5 most Republican states today weren't in the Confederacy. You're assuming the South is full of Confederate flag waving racist Republicans. You'd be wrong.
Nevermind, We’re not even talking about the same thing

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This has got to be the funniest reason yet to elect Harris.

Ret. general tells MSNBC Putin will marvel at US electing Black woman, ‘product of mixed marriage’​

Retired U.S. Army brigadier general Steven Anderson predicted that Russian President Vladimir Putin will know the U.S. is committed to democracy when it elects a Black woman and product of a mixed marriage, Vice President Kamala Harris.

Anderson made the claim during MSNBC’s "Deadline: White House" on Tuesday, arguing that Harris will inspire world leaders, including America’s adversaries, once she becomes president, thanks in part to her diverse background.

"People like Vladimir Putin are going to say, ‘Hey, wait a minute, these guys, you know, they truly have a democratic country. They truly are representative, they truly are fighting for all their people, and Kamala Harris is a manifestation of that," he said.

Box Ox

This has got to be the funniest reason yet to elect Harris.

Ret. general tells MSNBC Putin will marvel at US electing Black woman, ‘product of mixed marriage’​

Retired U.S. Army brigadier general Steven Anderson predicted that Russian President Vladimir Putin will know the U.S. is committed to democracy when it elects a Black woman and product of a mixed marriage, Vice President Kamala Harris.

Anderson made the claim during MSNBC’s "Deadline: White House" on Tuesday, arguing that Harris will inspire world leaders, including America’s adversaries, once she becomes president, thanks in part to her diverse background.

"People like Vladimir Putin are going to say, ‘Hey, wait a minute, these guys, you know, they truly have a democratic country. They truly are representative, they truly are fighting for all their people, and Kamala Harris is a manifestation of that," he said.