The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

A slate of Republican electors would be needed if the supreme Court ruled in favor of Republicans about the contested ballots in Wisconsin.

From your article:

"The statute's very clear: The electors have to meet at noon at the Capitol in Wisconsin on December 14th."

"the state GOP's outside legal counsel to gather the other Republican electors on Dec. 14 at the Capitol and as a contingency...in case a court overturned the election in Wisconsin."
So what’s your opinion on mike pence? Is he in on it too or was that video of him saying trump is not fit to be president and what he was asked to do by trump was unconstitutional fake? Maybe it was AI?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"The statute's very clear: The electors have to meet at noon at the Capitol in Wisconsin on December 14th."
Oh you’re using the fake excuse they told the guy
It's the letter of the law.
You're simply denying what's in black and white.

If the supreme Court ruled in favor of Republicans, Wisconsin law has no provision to replace the Democrat electors unless a Republican slate was signed off on December 14th.

I understand these facts go against the narrative you've been sold, but it's quite simple stuff my friend.

He was Donald Trump's opponent in the Republican primary. You see, Republicans do this thing where they let voters choose who their candidate will be, unlike Democrats.

Pence lost.

I hope he enjoys his retirement.
I asked you what your opinion is on mike pence saying that what trump asked him to do is unconstitutional and that he’s not fit for president. You conveniently left that part out

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I asked you what your opinion is on mike pence saying that what trump asked him to do is unconstitutional and that he’s not fit for president. You conveniently left that part out
I explained to you that unlike Democrats, Republicans believe in a democratic process where voters choose the party's candidate.

Mike Pence was Trump's opponent in that process.

I thought it would be clear to you that an opponent opposes the other candidate. Simple stuff buddy.

I explained to you that unlike Democrats, Republicans believe in a democratic process where voters choose the party's candidate.

Mike Pence was Trump's opponent in that process.

I thought it would be clear to you that an opponent opposes the other candidate. Simple stuff buddy.

You are trying to frame it as if pence said that about trump because he was his opponent, and not the real reason, that he became his opponent because of those reasons.

Via AXIOS:

Four reasons
Trump cannot and will not change, according to friends and advisers:

1. He's haunted. He can't stand being seen as a loser. So it's impossible to fully admit he didn't win in 2020. He looks to distractions like crowd size and adoring coverage for solace. So, seemingly silly taunts — like Harris' "people start leaving his rallies early out of exhaustion and boredom" — hit deep.
  2. He falls for fake news. For a guy who made "fake news" a household term, he falls for it often and easily. It wasn't hard to learn that the allegations of Haitians eating pet dogs and cats were silly and wrong. But far-right activist Laura Loomer was on the plane ride to the debate with him, egging him on.
  3. He's old. A wise man told us three types of people never change: Old guys. Rich guys. Guys with their names on the building. So the chances that Trump — a 78-year-old, self-proclaimed billionaire with his name on buildings, bottles and golf courses — will change are, um, nil.
  4. His bubble lies to him. All politicians live in self-protective bubbles. But Trump's, which extends from his social media cocoon to his Mar-a-Lago luxury, is almost impossible to penetrate with hard truths. There's always a Loomer to tell Trump he's winning ... even when he's not.

oldngray

nowhere special
Untitled.png

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
You are trying to frame it as if pence said that about trump because he was his opponent, and not the real reason, that he became his opponent because of those reasons.

let me explain it like this… When Kamala was Joe’s opponent she pointed out the racist things he did. then when she was his Vice president she said he was great and never mentioned it again. Politics is dirty and politicians are liars.

Last edited: