The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Doublestandards

The Trump campaign's suggestion was to allow states to make their own laws up until 15 weeks, at which point it would be banned.

That is in line with the opinion of the majority of Americans.

It is out of line with the radically extremist Democrat party.
Lol. So a fetus is always a baby, no matter the weeks, but killing babies should be left to the states, but after 15 weeks killing babies should be banned? Why not just ban killing babies all together?

Pullman Brown

Lol. So a fetus is always a baby, no matter the weeks, but it should be left to the states, but after 15 weeks it should be banned? Why not just ban killing babies all together?
Correct. You have to incrementally work within the legal framework with that being the end goal. The neo-conservatives/ Republican Party are compromised on this issue. No doubt about it. Trump is like chemo to cancer. Sometimes you have to use poison to kill a greater poison.

Next Day Err

I disagree. It is about trump taking control of the Justice Department and staying out of jail.
Yes, from Trump’s POV. The guys super obsessed with women’s bodies and pregnancies want Trump to be president to pursue their broader agenda. They know creeps like Vance are too unlikable to do it without the personality of a strongman like Trump.

Doublestandards

trumps wife believes abortions should be legal in all cases. He knows to never argue with a woman especially your wife.
It’s funny because Melania’s exact words were what @DriveInDriveOut criticized @Next Day Err for being “Orwellian nonsense” and “a narrative you would see from Nazis”

24001257-B6FE-4340-9CDA-43B14D660096.jpeg

Doublestandards

Melania Trumps public views on abortion, or killing babies as @DriveInDriveOut says it should be referred to as

““It is imperative to guarantee that women have autonomy in deciding their preference of having children, based on their own convictions, free from any intervention or pressure from the government,”

“Why should anyone other than the woman herself have the power to determine what she does with her own body? A woman’s fundamental right of individual liberty, to her own life, grants her the authority to terminate her pregnancy if she wishes.”

“Restricting a woman’s right to choose whether to terminate an unwanted pregnancy is the same as denying her control over her own body. I have carried this belief with me throughout my entire adult life.”

According to @DriveInDriveOut the Republican Party candidates First Lady is supporting Orwellian nonsense and promoting narratives you would see from nazis

Her husband, and the man he is supporting, is in favor of letting states decide how they feel about killing babies. He will ban killing babies after 15 weeks, which shows he has the power to ban killing babies all together, but he has personally said and voted that banning killing babies under 6 weeks is too short, and doesn’t support banning killing babies that are younger than 15 weeks

Next Day Err

According to @DriveInDriveOut most Americans agree with the views of abortion, except the extreme evil far left democrats… and trumps wife?
The whole play with that deal is the campaign trying to soften the edges of Trumpism and this anvil they have around their necks with this issue. I’m worried undecided voters will fall for this scam.

“If Trump’s wife is pro-choice then how bad could he be? What would be the problem with voting for him, really?”