The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

fishtm2001

Asked at the Economic Club of New York how he would reduce the cost of childcare and what specific legislation he’d propose on this subject, Trump replied: “Well, I would do that and we’re sitting down, you know, I was somebody, we have had Sen. Marco Rubio and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue, but I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about that, because, look childcare is childcare. It’s something you know you have to have it, in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels they’re not used to — but they’ll get used to it very quickly — and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers we’re talking about, including childcare, that it’s going to take care. We’re gonna have — I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about in waste and fraud and all the other things that are going on in this country.”

It seems when he talks of others' mental impairments he might once again be projecting.

Next Day Err

With that logic, the government could force abortions on female soldiers who become pregnant.

Slippery slope if you’re a liberal.
Or mandatory birth control but i think that would be unpopular and a bad recruiting look for soldiers.

I just think sometimes things aren’t a thing because we’re not evil and stupid all the time? Vaccines are a clear and inexpensive way of protecting military readiness.