The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

newfie

Imagine a four-star general too cowardly to come forward that he would go anonymously to a leftist trash publication What a shameful loser.
he suddenly remembered something that allegedly happened five years or more ago and it came to him two weeks before an election.

On the 13th day before the election my liberal friends gave to me........ another BS narrative about Trump admiring the nazi's.

newfie

Let’s assume Kelly is telling the truth for a second for the sake of argument: could you really blame the guy for being pissed enough to break custom and talk about a former president if that former president called American war dead “losers” and “suckers”? Kelly’s own son died serving the country.

Just think about it before you type.
five years later? man that pissed off took a long time to brew

Thebrownblob

he suddenly remembered something that allegedly happened five years or more ago and it came to him two weeks before an election.

On the 13th day before the election my liberal friends gave to me........ another BS narrative about Trump admiring the nazi's.
Well, according to @Next Day Err he just kept it for the right time. And he’s OK with that even though that’s much worse.

Doublestandards

Sure they do, it’s curious that he let Trump say this and didn’t walk away instantly. That’s because Trump didn’t say it and he’s lying. Otherwise he’s nothing more than a coward.

It’s clear most service people and veterans do not believe he said it.

Think about that.
I totally get what you’re saying, on the other hand though it isn’t super far fetched for me to believe Trump would say those disparaging remarks about military members considering what he has said about them in public

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. “He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Even in a heated debate with an opponent, at my angriest, I don’t think I would ever even be able to think that statement, let alone say it out loud

Unfortunately for his other statements there is no evidence, and it’s just he said she said.

Thebrownblob

I totally get what you’re saying, on the other hand though it isn’t super far fetched for me to believe Trump would say those disparaging remarks about military members considering what he has said about them in public

“He’s not a war hero,” Trump said. “He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

Even in a heated debate with an opponent, at my angriest, I don’t think I would ever even be able to think that statement, let alone say it out loud

Unfortunately for his other statements there is no evidence, and it’s just he said she said.
And the way Kelly decided to go about releasing. This is really suspect. It was already he said she said, now it looks like a guy with a political and personal axe to grind. Just the way I see it.

I’ve been around some organizations and I’ve seen people who I had respect for go. Absolutely nuts when they feel they’ve been slighted. It’s a shame, but it happens all the time.

Doublestandards

And the way Kelly decided to go about releasing. This is really suspect. It was already he said she said, now it looks like a guy with a political and personal act to grind. Just the way I see it.
Yup I get your point, and it is he said she said. I’ll be completely honest, I think even if there was audio recording of Trump saying it it wouldn’t affect his numbers what so ever. He’s on tape showing highly classified documents to random guests at mar a lago saying “I have these classified documents, I could have declassified them but I didn’t” and showing them to people, in the midst of his infestation for the exact same thing and it didn’t matter

Like he said, he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and he wouldn’t lose his supporters

For curiosity sake though, let’s say he did make those statements that Kelly claims, what do you think would have been the appropriate action for him to take regarding that situation?