The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Thebrownblob

you make a good point here. The thing with trumps “I like people who didn’t get captured” comment is it’s not just about McCain, which would still be horrible on its own. But it’s a vile comment that is about many people other than McCain. Like I said, I could never even think of saying something like that, it just wouldn’t be in my head

I’m a “lefty”, but I didn’t vote for Hillary (I regret it now) and was crackin up with Trump in the beginning, but that comment left a really sour taste in my mouth, and how little criticism or push back he got from the right really rubbed me the wrong way.

Nothing about McCain, I’ve had a POW flag in my garage 10 years before Trump was elected, and you’re right, I’ve never liked mccains policies. I did gain a tremendous amount of respect for him after seeing this though,
but I still didn’t vote for him

Box Ox

Sounds like I should be the big leftist here if we're comparing voting records.
I would never accuse you of such a thing :D

My views haven't shifted. The Democratic party has. I wish I could believe that Kamala has mysteriously transformed into a moderate right before the election. But I can't. And I won't be voting for the leftism in all things that we all know she's into.

Next Day Err

My views haven't shifted. The Democratic party has. I wish I could believe that Kamala has mysteriously transformed into a moderate right before the election. But I can't. And I won't be voting for the leftism in all things that we all know she's into.
She gets a pass from me for the few things she’s moderated on. She didn’t sit idly by while radicals sacked the Capitol.

Box Ox

She gets a pass from me for the few things she’s moderated on.

What do you believe she's truly moderated on?

Thebrownblob

I thought she was damn good. She showed confidence and charisma. What did the attendees think?
1729737724947.gif

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
She’s absolutely cringey
It's like 5 catchphrases over and over and over.

Sometimes she uses one that has nothing to do with the question, it's straight up bizarre.

Let me be clear Hurr durr I came from a Middle class family hurr durr I prosecuted transnational gangs hurr durr unburdened by what has been hurr durr

It's so phony and people know it.