The big bang theory

El Correcto

god is dead
I have plenty before. The problems haven't been overcome, you silly research assistant worshipper. In fact, the people presenting the information never even address the obvious pronlems with their fairy tales, 'cause they know those problems can't be solved.
Nope, wrong again. You should really go read more about it fren.

El Correcto

god is dead
I was taught that after Christ came to Earth and died for our sins we must believe he is the son of God, be baptized, live a faithful life. Salvation is only in Christ. Problem I have with that is the untold billions who've never heard of Jesus or only have a faint idea of who he is. That are practicing other religions. And in the last 100 years the world's population has exploded. All those lives consigned to a devil's hell because they don't know Christ. And even many claiming to be Christian won't make it. A just God won't condemn all of those people who are here because their parents had sex. I'm beginning to believe Christianity was used as a tool by the rich and powerful to keep the masses in line. I don't want to believe that, but I've just seen too much, have read too much history. And based on the Bible I'm probably in trouble for having doubts. The ironic thing is the cooperative, communal nature of Christianity found in the Bible. Because of its spread the rich and powerful appeared to have co-opted it to their own ends. But the exploitive nature of capitalism isn't much in line with Christianity. As an economic system it does work, but not very well for many. And too well for some.
Satan will be pleased to hear this, I’ll let him know at the next gay agenda meeting.

El Correcto

god is dead
Seriously though van, it’s good stuff. Keep educating yourself, you don’t got to take the word of religious zealots. You can be like @Old Man Jingles and not let organized religion run your life while maintaining a personal faith in Jesus Christ. That is if I understand old man jingle’s position on the matter correctly.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's funny, rickyb accuses me of not reading enough too, presumedly because I don't reach the same absurd conclusions he does. The final refuge of the ignorant, accuse others of ignorance.

Mutineer

I'm beginning to believe Christianity was used as a tool by the rich and powerful to keep the masses in line.
That notion is just now crossing yer mind?

Yes. Terrible people have misused Christianity. Terrible people misuse everything. Because they're terrible. It's what they do.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You can't even sack up with either your ancestors were tadpoles that evolved from pond scum or a fully created man?
What i believe, right now, until futher evidence is presented. Is yes, we evolved from lower life forms. The earth is supposedly 3-5 billion years old. Alot can happen in 3-5 BILLION years.

vantexan

That notion is just now crossing yer mind?

Yes. Terrible people have misused Christianity. Terrible people misuse everything. Because they're terrible. It's what they do.
No, been thinking that for many years. I want to believe in Christianity. It's the best thing going. But what if it was just a movement in reaction to the brutality of the Roman Empire? Jesus's followers may have deified him as was often the case of leaders in that time. Because it spread quickly the political leadership realized they'd have to go along or be swept away. But then it was turned into a religious hierarchy that cooperated with the rich and powerful to get wealthy itself. I honestly don't know. But I totally reject the decadence and rot that those who hate Christianity espouse.

El Correcto

god is dead
Oh so only the aspects you agree with
If they are running around trying to prove men are women or racist studies then yes they are being silly.
If they are dealing with the hard math and sciences then no they aren’t being silly.
Gender studies, critical x studies, etc all silly non sense.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I was taught that after Christ came to Earth and died for our sins we must believe he is the son of God, be baptized, live a faithful life. Salvation is only in Christ. Problem I have with that is the untold billions who've never heard of Jesus or only have a faint idea of who he is. That are practicing other religions. And in the last 100 years the world's population has exploded. All those lives consigned to a devil's hell because they don't know Christ. And even many claiming to be Christian won't make it. A just God won't condemn all of those people who are here because their parents had sex. I'm beginning to believe Christianity was used as a tool by the rich and powerful to keep the masses in line. I don't want to believe that, but I've just seen too much, have read too much history. And based on the Bible I'm probably in trouble for having doubts. The ironic thing is the cooperative, communal nature of Christianity found in the Bible. Because of its spread the rich and powerful appeared to have co-opted it to their own ends. But the exploitive nature of capitalism isn't much in line with Christianity. As an economic system it does work, but not very well for many. And too well for some.
Just because you obviously misunderstand Salvation doesn’t mean Christianity is only a tool. You really should study Theology more, you’d have a better grasp.