The Border Crisis: Is Allowing Illegals To Flood In A Good Thing?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
So you would or wouldn’t support a 0.25% tax that would, by federal law, be earmarked for the housing of homeless veterans? Or should we all just give up and only complain about the homeless problem when a Democrat is president.

Clownish idea here.
Are you admitting you're a clown or something?

On the subject, it has already been stated that only a naive person would believe such a tax would actually resolve the issue.
What do you know about it, BTW? CNN telling you to "jump onboard this, yet another Biden success"....

GMAFB
1706297862720.png

Next Day Err

So you are actually a Republican on this issue. You don't support Biden on it and you agree that the Democrats are asking for too much when they demand a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Which is why there hasn't been an agreement so far.

As a said just a few minutes ago, congratulations on your miraculous ideological turnaround.
I’m not happy with the way things have been under Biden as it pertains to immigration. It’s not my sole issue that I’m interested in.

Box Ox

So you are actually a Republican on this issue. You don't support Biden on it and you agree that the Democrats are asking for too much when they demand a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants. Which is why there hasn't been an agreement so far.

As a said just a few minutes ago, congratulations on your miraculous ideological turnaround.
I’m not happy with the way things have been under Biden as it pertains to immigration.

Well it's good to finally know that we're in agreement when it comes to how badly the Biden Administration has been handling our southern border. I'll be totally shocked if it's eventually revealed that we're not actually in agreement as this thread progresses. :P

Next Day Err

Well it's good to finally know that we're in agreement when it comes to how badly the Biden Administration has been handling our southern border. I'll be totally shocked if it's eventually revealed that we're not actually in agreement as this thread progresses. :P
I look forward to legislation that could maybe solve some of the problems.

Oh wait…

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Is that what they’re saying?
Yes, They are saying they want amnesty for 8 million or more plus almost 2 million a year let in. MSM not giving details is how they can spin it to look like the Dems are trying to do something about the boarder and the republicans are not wanting to do anything. We have to dig to find answers and then dig again to prove the answers right or wrong.

Next Day Err

Hopefully the Democrats will propose something that we can agree with them on, my new immigration ally.
It’s all about moving the ball down the court.

Who should we blame if a good piece of immigration legislation is blown up? I guess the problem wouldn’t be the existential problem we’ve been led to believe?

Brown Down

Who should we blame if a good piece of immigration legislation is blown up? I guess the problem wouldn’t be the existential problem we’ve been led to believe?
Again a good piece of legislation doesn't cause more problems than it solves so thus this is not a good piece of legislation from what people have said is in it.

Box Ox

Who should we blame if a good piece of immigration legislation is blown up?

Well we both believe in no amnesty for illegal immigrants. So if that's part of any proposed Democratic legislation we'll know that they were at fault. Pretty simple, my border BFF.

vantexan

Again, meaningless drivel.
Oh? What exactly do you think the military/industrial complex wants? Endless wars that they can supply. No war and eventually the government can't justify stocking more and more munitions and equipment. But war uses up supplies. Is that meaningless to you? And don't kid yourself. The Dems and Republicans are neck deep in bed with the contractors. That's why they hate Trump and convince people like you that Trump must be stopped at all costs over "meaningless drivel."

Next Day Err

Well we both believe in no amnesty for illegal immigrants. So if that's part of any proposed Democratic legislation we'll know that they were at fault. Pretty simple, my border BFF.
I highly doubt that’s in the bill or we would’ve heard about it from Republican leadership.

vantexan

Immigration generally is a net positive to a country. They become consumers and do harder labor that natives won’t do.

I would much rather we have controlled immigration, but still a lot of immigration. I support more green card holders with no path or a much slower path to citizenship.

From what I’ve surmised this deal being hashed out in the Senate had nothing in it for the Dreamers or granting a path to citizenship to people here illegally. I’m fine with that.
Ask the major cities being swamped with illegals if it's a net positive. Legal immigration where they vetted everyone and were still letting in a million a year is a positive. 8 million in three years are overwhelming our ability to care for them. And since they aren't being vetted we're also letting in criminals and terrorists. Not to mention the huge problem with fentanyl.

Last edited:

Next Day Err

Ask the major cities being swamped with illegals if it's a net positive. Legal immigration where they vetted everyone and were still letting in a.million a year is a positive. 8 million in three years are overwhelming our ability to care for them. And since they aren't being vetted we're also letting in criminals and terrorists. Not to mention the huge problem with fentanyl.
Hence why I support legislation to tighten immigration up.

vantexan

Yep it’s about power and money. If you can extract those two things from this issue, they wouldn’t care.

Anyone who crosses the border illegally cannot vote ever, even if they become a citizen. I bet the Democrats walk away from caring about any of it at that point.
Actually illegally crossing is a civil infraction. If they get amnesty for that then they can be put on a path to citizenship and can vote. If they are deported for illegally entering and come back again it then becomes a felony.

vantexan

Hence why I support legislation to tighten immigration up.
Not sure what it takes to get across to you that this administration isn't looking to stop illegal immigration. A compromise of "only" 5000 a day isn't doing us any favors either. In 5 years, assuming Dems retain power, that's another 9 million on top of 8 million let in the last three years.

This is a serious question I'm asking for you to consider. Right now technology is advancing to the point that tens of millions of jobs will be eliminated in the coming decade. The illegals you're letting in are already competing for jobs with poor citizens. Exactly what are we supposed to do with all these extra people when their basic jobs are being performed by a machine?

Letting so many in at once isn't about helping the country. It's not about protecting people fleeing bad situations. It's about gaining permanent political power.

Box Ox

"JUST IN: Senior Border Patrol official says they stand tall with Texas and have "no plans" to take down razor wire from the southern border. America stands with Texas. According to Fox News, a Border Patrol official told them that their relationship with Texas "remains strong." "The relationship between Border Patrol, Texas DPS, & TMD remains strong... Bottom line: Border Patrol has no plans to remove infrastructure (c-wire) placed by Texas along the border. Our posture remains the same,"
@GriffJenkins reported.

The Border Patrol Union also chimed in. "Rank-and-file BP agents appreciate and respect what TX has been doing to defend their state in the midst of this catastrophe that the Biden Admin has unleashed on America." The development comes after Biden reportedly threatened Texas, giving them until today to allow border agents into Shelby Park (Video below)."