MAKAVELI

Because I don’t want to see a man sentenced as a murderer and ran over by political theater if he didn’t murder anyone.
I have reasonable doubts about his guilt that is all. I’m not even a special pleader for police my guy, I think Chauvin’s knee was out of line personally, I’m not the people who condone knees to the neck. Don’t tell cops they can do this and then run them over the second a drug overdose victim dies under their knee. The city needs to take responsibility for it’s policy and no longer allow this non sense.

"Once the [officer] is in control, then you release," Masson said. "That's what use of force is: You use it till the threat has stopped."

George Kirkham, a professor emeritus at the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida State University, told the Star-Tribune that the maneuver of putting a knee on a suspect's neck isn't often taught in police academies anymore, because it is a risky move that can cause brain death in just a few minutes.

"The man was prone on the ground. He was no threat to anyone," Kirkham said of Floyd.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
If he was on trial for excessive force your comment might be relevant.
I think he’s gonna be not guilty of the murder charges. And guilty of manslaughter.
The point I’m making, is that when you defend the guy, you are defending the guy that is BLM public enemy number one. And then...you act surprised when it’s about race? You know what you’re getting yourself into, and you invite it.

oldngray

nowhere special
"Once the [officer] is in control, then you release," Masson said. "That's what use of force is: You use it till the threat has stopped."

George Kirkham, a professor emeritus at the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida State University, told the Star-Tribune that the maneuver of putting a knee on a suspect's neck isn't often taught in police academies anymore, because it is a risky move that can cause brain death in just a few minutes.

"The man was prone on the ground. He was no threat to anyone," Kirkham said of Floyd.
You admit using a knee was taught in police academies.

Good to know.

When threat is stopped is a judgement call and easy to look back on in hindsight. Its different when the action is taking place.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I get that. This is going to turn into a huge mess when he is deemed not guilty. The media that leans left really want him to be guilty, and they are setting up BLM and other liberals for serious disappointment when he’s declared not guilty. Get your popcorn ready on this one.
I don’t think he’s guilty of murder. I think he made a really crappy choice and should probably be punished. He got himself caught on film using 9 minutes worth of excessive force and now he’s paying the piper.

He already offered to plead guilty to manslaughter charges. The jury probably won't acquit, it will likely be hung. Though I think there's a possibility of a guilty verdict for the manslaughter charge, and Chauvin will likely receive less time than he agreed to do in his plea offer. Meaning the entire trial will have been an enormous waste of tax dollars just to get Chauvin a lesser sentence. Question is, will the mob be satisfied with a manslaughter conviction? Or will rioting ensue even with that?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think he’s gonna be not guilty of the murder charges. And guilty of manslaughter.
The point I’m making, is that when you defend the guy, you are defending the guy that is BLM public enemy number one. And then...you act surprised when it’s about race? You know what you’re getting yourself into, and you invite it.

What BLM thinks about him should not factor in at all.

El Correcto

god is dead

It’s a reasonable take on knees to the neck and use of force. The only problem is his opinion of he was prone on the ground. He was no threat to anyone.

He was prone on the ground because officers put him there and held him down. I don’t see how you know the situation is under control if someone is screaming and moving around, maybe it was excessive force, but I doubt these cops even thought of it as excessive during the moment while they got people screaming at them and they are trying to send a man away to prison for a long time that doesn’t want to go.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not sure why? C'mon man. Chauvin is one of those dick head officers that loves to pull out his gun because it makes him feel big and bad.
You sure seem to have a lot of inside information, even including what people were THINKING!

What is your source of this information???

Oh, right. You’re conjuring it all up from your imagination!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When did I act surprised that BLM made this nonracial issue about race? They make everything about race, they're obsessed with it.

When did I act surprised that BLM made this nonracial issue about race? They make everything about race, they're obsessed with it.
Bruh. This isn’t about you. My comment isn’t about you. I was responding to another member, El correcto. He straight up asked why he’s was being called a racist.
DIDO, all you do is dance. You offer nothing to these conversations. Go to the freezer, get your pizza rolls and go back down to the basement and surf 8chan.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree. And it won’t in the trial. I’m just trying to convey, how are you picking your battles? Is this the soapbox that conservatives really wanna die on? Just seems dumb with such violent footage.

You think it won't come into play in the trial? It already did with jury selection. The prosecution struck every juror who said they feared for their lives just being on the jury. That's an indication of mob rule, not a good look for a free and fair democracy.

You think it won't come into play in the trial? It already did with jury selection. The prosecution struck every juror who said they feared for their lives just being on the jury. That's an indication of mob rule, not a good look for a free and fair democracy.
I’d be careful with where you got that information, and let the trial play out before you decide that it’s a leftist institution trying to control the narrative. That’s all I’ll say.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Bruh. This isn’t about you. My comment isn’t about you. I was responding to another member, El correcto. He straight up asked why he’s was being called a racist.
DIDO, all you do is dance. You offer nothing to these conversations. Go to the freezer, get your pizza rolls and go back down to the basement and surf 8chan.
You quoted me you stable genius.
SMH.
Screenshot_20210331-104825_Gallery.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I’d be careful with where you got that information, and let the trial play out before you decide that it’s a leftist institution trying to control the narrative. That’s all I’ll say.

Where did I get that information? LOL. Your warning sounds ominous. I'm not concerned about a leftist organization controlling the narrative, at least not as concerned as I am about how difficult it might become for anyone to get a fair trial if jurors have to fear for their lives.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Dido, I'm a simpleton.

You nosed yourself into THIS conversation.
The big boys are talking here. Go find some more of those fun alt right memes
I didn't nose into your conversation, you quoted me then said you weren't talking to me.

Did you start drinking as soon as your preload sup let you go today buddy?

Where did I get that information? LOL. Your warning sound ominous. I'm not concerned about a leftist organization controlling the narrative, at least not as concerned as I am about how difficult it might become for anyone to get a fair trial if jurors have to fear for their lives.
Bruh I’m just some guy 😂 a very observational guy. There’s nothing ominous about my comment. When you are claiming that the whole thing is already rigged, you better have some serious proof, or why even believe it? Where’s your proof that parts of the jury is sympathetic to BLM? Or the defense in general?

Last edited: