newfie

So what was step 2 for the cop? He had the guy on the ground, cuffed and passing out from a boat load of opiates allegedly. What was he waiting for to get up and move George to the squad car or at least a seated position while waiting for the ambulance.
The perp had just engaged in a violent altercation with 4 police officers when they tried to place him in the back of the squad car. it was so violent that despite 4 police officers the perp managed to slide through the back of the car and out the other side. Super human effort clearly an indication of the drugs he had ingested. While he laid there calmly there was no assurance his resistance would be any different if they tried again. This neck move they used was an approved restraint method that they had used in the past to render other violent perps unconcious. Its likely they felt that was the needed plan this time to, not knowing he had ingested enough drugs to kill an elephant and was soon to die from a drug overdose.

MAKAVELI

The perp had just engaged in a violent altercation with 4 police officers when they tried to place him in the back of the squad car. it was so violent that despite 4 police officers the perp managed to slide through the back of the car and out the other side. Super human effort clearly an indication of the drugs he had ingested. While he laid there calmly there was no assurance his resistance would be any different if they tried again. This neck move they used was an approved restraint method that they had used in the past to render other violent perps unconcious. Its likely they felt that was the needed plan this time to, not knowing he had ingested enough drugs to kill an elephant and was soon to die from a drug overdose.
Not one bit of truth in that rambling incoherent statement. Sounds like you just ingested enough drugs to kill an elephant.

It will be fine

Lol. The cops didn’t lock the squad car door so they had to strangle him unconscious. Cuckoo 🤪🤪

The big package

It should be an easy case for the defense attorney to win !!! Just call in the autopsy report and coroner who said it was fentanyl and other drugs that stopped his heart !!! Defense rests , pencil drop , case closed !!!

newfie

Lol. The cops didn’t lock the squad car door so they had to strangle him unconscious. Cuckoo 🤪🤪
the doors were open because the 4 cops were trying to contain him from both sides. Its pretty simple and should be easy for even you to understand. he was drugged and uncoperative. being uncoperative when being arrested never leads to good results.

Box Ox

It should be an easy case for the defense attorney to win !!! Just call in the autopsy report and coroner who said it was fentanyl and other drugs that stopped his heart !!! Defense rests , pencil drop , case closed !!!

The hard leftists are already threatening to riot if this happens. The mass-virtue signaling must proceed regardless of the evidence or lack thereof.

wilberforce15

I stopped concealed carrying, except in limited circumstances, because of Ferguson, Slager, Zimmerman, and a dozen others.

If I defend myself, my government is more of a threat to my life than all the useless Floyds the ghetto has.

I carry only in case of mass shooters at events they might choose. That's it.

Otherwise, democrat prosecutors threaten my life and liberty more than a carjacker.

Being innocent is no excuse.

Where has America gone?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The hard leftists are already threatening to riot if this happens. The mass-virtue signaling must proceed regardless of the evidence or lack thereof.

But don't worry, I have it on good authority that fact won't have any bearing on the case. Lol.

Chauvin will not be getting his job back. He has federal and state tax issues. One way or another, he's going to prison.

rod

Retired 23 years
But don't worry, I have it on good authority that fact won't have any bearing on the case. Lol.

Chauvin will not be getting his job back. He has federal and state tax issues. One way or another, he's going to prison.
His law suit against Minneapolis and his book deal will be more than enough to pay his tax problems IF that is true.

Box Ox

Yeah, but that's pretty small potatoes compared to a murder conviction. It has to be murder for the hard left. The story can't go any other way if America has any hope at "redemption".

The promulgated narrative is already that our systemically racist American institutions have all contributed to 400 years of black oppression in their own way and must be torn out by the roots and rebuilt. If Chauvin isn't convicted of murder I think it's gonna be used as an excuse and a bludgeon for the hard left to accelerate its woke timeline through any means available. More riots, more firings, no more filibuster, etc.

If that happens, Republicans are going to start winning in landslides across the country. People might not speak up against the hard left for fear of the consequences but they sure will vote.

bbsam

Staff member
It's a safe technique, which is why they train officers to use it. The problem being it's hard to train them to detect when someone has 4 times the lethal amount of fentanyl in their systems so officers would know not to use it so it doesn't look to ignorant, politically motivated bystanders like the officer is hurting/killing the perp.
So the bystanders could tell that he was dying and the officer couldn’t? Or he just didn’t care? Judging by a lot plod posts on here, a lot of white people have disdain for a black man and are glad to see him dead. Officer Chauvin should hope the jury doesn’t see him as one of you.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, but that's pretty small potatoes compared to a murder conviction. It has to be murder for the hard left. The story can't go any other way if America has any hope at "redemption".

The promulgated narrative is already that our systemically racist American institutions have all contributed to 400 years of black oppression in their own way and must be torn out by the roots and rebuilt. If Chauvin isn't convicted of murder I think it's gonna be used as an excuse and a bludgeon for the hard left to accelerate its woke timeline through any means available. More riots, more firings, no more filibuster, etc.

If that happens, Republicans are going to start winning in landslides across the country. People might not speak up against the hard left for fear of the consequences but they sure will vote.

(Considers inserting comment about election fraud here, decides It's not worth it)

Yes, democracy will save us from the left!
SMH.

The only thing that will save us from the left is to have people in power willing to stand up against the mob. Failing that, which we will, we will face either complete totalitarianism or civil war. The funny thing is, little brother is right about totalitarianism coming to the west. He just refuses to accept that his darling protesters are simply a tool being wielded by those who seek to create a totalitarian state.

bbsam

Staff member
lol I love how you try to deflect. all of this will come out in court soon. Its the one place you can't deflect the evidence.
Of course they can. OJ and his defense team did a masterful job of it. Placing hope in evidence in court is a risky venture. It all has to do with the story each side can build with the evidence.

bbsam

Staff member

You jump to your conclusions quickly.

bbsam

Staff member
Sigh...

"Although most of the fentanyl victims had a prior history of intravenous drug use, morphine or codeine were not commonly found, which suggests that the victims had little or no opiate tolerance. Ethanol was present in 38% of the cases and is thought to be a significant risk factor. Mean fentanyl concentrations in the body fluids were quite low: 3.0 +/- 3.1 ng/mL (0.3 +/- 0.31 micrograms/dL) in blood and 3.9 +/- 4.3 ng/mL (0.39 +/- 0.43 micrograms/dL) in urine, measured by radioimmunoassay."

"Clinical analgesic doses produce plasma levels of 0.3–0.7ng/mL; doses greater than 3 ng/mL cause loss of protective airway reflexes and CNS depression."

George Floyd's fentanyl blood concentration:
11 ng/ml

"Fentanyl at 11 ng/ml — this is higher than chronic pain patient. If he were found dead at home alone & no other apparent cause, this could be acceptable to call an OD. Deaths have been certified w/ levels of 3"

For anyone who doesn't math very well, 11/3 = 3.6, which I rounded up to 4 for brevity. Assuming that Floyd had some opiate tolerance, and adjusting for his size, you could reasonably estimate that he had at least 2x the amount of Fentanyl in his system necessary to kill him.
It doesn’t matter, does it? Floyd was in the custody of the police. His well being is their responsibility.

It’s somewhat similar to work comp claims (strangely enough). If a driver has arthritis in a knee, that’s a debilitating condition. If the same driver injures that knee and the preexisting condition is partially to blame, work comp still ends up paying the claim. Ask me how I know.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So the bystanders could tell that he was dying and the officer couldn’t? Or he just didn’t care? Judging by a lot plod posts on here, a lot of white people have disdain for a black man and are glad to see him dead. Officer Chauvin should hope the jury doesn’t see him as one of you.

How could they tell? Are they trained medical experts? Most people wouldn't know the difference between someone who passed out, and someone who died just by looking from several feet away. My aunt passed away when I was 15. I was the oldest home with her, and I couldn't reach either of my parents. I called 911, they sent the coroner. Even he wasn't 100% sure she was dead, and this was at least an hour after I called

I don't have disdain for George Floyd, just as I don't have any love for Chauvin. I'm not glad that he's dead. If you hadn't chosen to cherry pick my posts, you would see that I would much rather have read a story about an ex-drug addict who turned his life around and made a positive impact on the world. I do have disdain for people who try to make political and race issues about everything, though. Of the posts I've read, most people have disdain for a criminal drug addict, his skin color seems to only matter to people who want it to make it a race issue.