Box Ox

So the bystanders could tell that he was dying and the officer couldn’t?
What killed him, though? I'm a pretty big dude and am thinking I'd be in real trouble if I were already high as a kite and had also just swallowed a fentanyl and meth stash whether a knee is on my neck or not.

bbsam

Staff member
What killed him, though? I'm a pretty big dude and am thinking I'd be in real trouble if I were already high as a kite and had also just swallowed a fentanyl and meth stash whether a knee is on my neck or not.
In custody. Probably up to the police to monitor and protect at that moment. And that might be unpopular, but I’d bet it’s fairly well established.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It doesn’t matter, does it? Floyd was in the custody of the police. His well being is their responsibility.

It’s somewhat similar to work comp claims (strangely enough). If a driver has arthritis in a knee, that’s a debilitating condition. If the same driver injures that knee and the preexisting condition is partially to blame, work comp still ends up paying the claim. Ask me how I know.

If the officers knew he had OD'd I would agree with your assertion. I don't have a problem with a manslaughter conviction, especially since Chauvin was willing to admit to manslaughter.

bbsam

Staff member
How could they tell? Are they trained medical experts? Most people wouldn't know the difference between someone who passed out, and someone who died just by looking from several feet away. My aunt passed away when I was 15. I was the oldest home with her, and I couldn't reach either of my parents. I called 911, they sent the coroner. Even he wasn't 100% sure she was dead, and this was at least an hour after I called

I don't have disdain for George Floyd, just as I don't have any love for Chauvin. I'm not glad that he's dead. If you hadn't chosen to cherry pick my posts, you would see that I would much rather have read a story about an ex-drug addict who turned his life around and made a positive impact on the world. I do have disdain for people who try to make political and race issues about everything, though. Of the posts I've read, most people have disdain for a criminal drug addict, his skin color seems to only matter to people who want it to make it a race issue.
Read through these posts and tell me how you don’t come away with the same conclusion as I have. You don’t have to cherry pick. You don’t have to read between the lines.

wilberforce15

So the bystanders could tell that he was dying and the officer couldn’t? Or he just didn’t care? Judging by a lot plod posts on here, a lot of white people have disdain for a black man and are glad to see him dead. Officer Chauvin should hope the jury doesn’t see him as one of you.
We do have disdain for this black man and are glad to see him dead.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Read through these posts and tell me how you don’t come away with the same conclusion as I have. You don’t have to cherry pick. You don’t have to read between the lines.

Besides the obvious reasons? Certainly there are those who do show disdain for racial reasons, but I don't think it's most.

Case in point:

We do have disdain for this black man and are glad to see him dead.

El Correcto

god is dead
If the officers knew he had OD'd I would agree with your assertion. I don't have a problem with a manslaughter conviction, especially since Chauvin was willing to admit to manslaughter.
I don’t care what a man is willing to accept while under duress from this amount of political pressure. When the White House or even the President will be commenting on your case that’s a lot of pressure.

MAKAVELI

I don’t care what a man is willing to accept while under duress from this amount of political pressure. When the White House or even the President will be commenting on your case that’s a lot of pressure.
Poor Chauvin was under duress. Gtfo here with that :censored2:.

MAKAVELI

A copy of the Toxicology Report can be seen here.
More fake news.

His knee is clearly on the neck above the shoulders.
Screen_Shot_2020-05-29_at_1.56.42_PM.png

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

If you are innocent, you shouldn't plead to a charge, Michael Flynn figured that out the hard way. Chauvin has a history of civil rights complaints, which won't be allowed to be brought up in the trial. It's not much of a stretch for me to accept that he could have some culpability for Floyd's death. The murder charges are seemingly without merit though.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can clearly see his neck is not on the ground. Which would explain how he managed to breathe and cry like a little baby for his mommy. Lol.

I wonder if he was switching between neck and upper back. I think pressure on Floyd's upper back would be worse for his heart disease and overdosing problems. Even with a knee on his neck, his airway was clearly not compromised.

oldngray

nowhere special
Floyd's partner who was sitting in the car and was supposed to be a prosecution witness is taking the 5th and refusing to testify.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I wonder if he was switching between neck and upper back. I think pressure on Floyd's upper back would be worse for his heart disease and overdosing problems. Even with a knee on his neck, his airway was clearly not compromised.
...another common theme among the witnesses today was that even after the paramedics arrived and checked Floyd for a carotid pulse, Chauvin had still not removed his knee until Floyd was lifted up onto the gurney. As mentioned by a commenter in today’s LIVE coverage, this raises an interesting question. That is, if the paramedic was able to touch Floyd’s carotid pulse without Chauvin having to move his knee, then clearly Chauvin’s knee was not placed on Floyd’s carotid artery and could not have been occluding carotid blood flow.