MAKAVELI

Yes, and he also died completely consistently with the drugs in his sytem.

The defense lawyer should give his entire closing argument with Chauvin kneeling on his neck.

That's because you cannot visually tell what is happening at all. I'd love the showmanship of showing hte nonsense of the prosecution.

Career bad guy with fatal illegal drugs in his system died after lying to the cop about his drugged up state. News at 11.
Drugs in his system didn't choke him out. Chauvin did that. Ttku....

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not bull* and you know it. People like you want to condemn anyone of color who is an addict but yet want to claim innocence and disease when they are white. And yes if your brother was on the streets he'd be doing the same *. Don't get it twisted bro.

So, are you saying that Floyd was a victim of addiction? I'm not out to villify Floyd. He did what he did. I would much rather have read a story about a former drug addict and criminal who turned it all around and did something to have a positive impact on the world than to see the situation unfolding as it has.

I also have no interest in putting Chauvin, or cops in general, up on a pedestal. I think the circumstances make the murder charges basically non-starters, and the DA pursued those charges purely for political purposes. Chauvin offered to plead guilty to manslaughter charges with twice the normal sentence for the charge. That either means he felt he couldn't get a fair trial, and was trying to avoid a death sentence, or he did feel that he was culpable in Floyd's death. If it's the latter, and he gets off due to mistrial, then there is no one to blame but the prosecution. The defense simply has to do the best they can to get the best outcome for their client.

MAKAVELI

So, are you saying that Floyd was a victim of addiction? I'm not out to villify Floyd. He did what he did. I would much rather have read a story about a former drug addict and criminal who turned it all around and did something to have a positive impact on the world than to see the situation unfolding as it has.

I also have no interest in putting Chauvin, or cops in general, up on a pedestal. I think the circumstances make the murder charges basically non-starters, and the DA pursued those charges purely for political purposes. Chauvin offered to plead guilty to manslaughter charges with twice the normal sentence for the charge. That either means he felt he couldn't get a fair trial, and was trying to avoid a death sentence, or he did feel that he was culpable in Floyd's death. If it's the latter, and he gets off due to mistrial, then there is no one to blame but the prosecution. The defense simply has to do the best they can to get the best outcome for their client.
He tried to get a plea because he knows he's guilty. His own police chief is going to testify against him. Do I think it's a slam dunk? Hell no. It's a jury trial and all you need is one to get a mistrial.

El Correcto

god is dead
He tried to get a plea because he knows he's guilty. His own police chief is going to testify against him. Do I think it's a slam dunk? Hell no. It's a jury trial and all you need is one to get a mistrial.
I’m going to take a wild shot in the dark here, the police chief is a leftist appointed by leftists and is now mirroring the leftist talking points?
I’d be completely shocked if so.

MAKAVELI

I’m going to take a wild shot in the dark here, the police chief is a leftist appointed by leftists and is now mirroring the leftist talking points?
I’d be completely shocked if so.
When was the last time a police chief actually testified against one his own? No matter what his political leanings are there has to be overwhelming evidence against Chauvin for a police chief to take the stand.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I don't dispute the possibilty that he knows he's guilty of manslaughter, but no one is brazen enough to intentionally kill someone under those circumstances while being recorded. Chauvin is dirty, and going to jail for tax issues anyway. If he doesn't face consequences for his involvement in Floyd's death, it's 100% on the prosecution for overreaching.

El Correcto

god is dead
When was the last time a police chief actually testified against one his own? No matter what his political leanings are there has to be overwhelming evidence against Chauvin for a police chief to take the stand.
“Most of the officers regained their jobs when police chiefs were overruled by arbitrators, typically lawyers hired to review the process. In many cases, the underlying misconduct was undisputed, but arbitrators often concluded that the firings were unjustified because departments had been too harsh, missed deadlines, lacked sufficient evidence or failed to interview witnesses.”

Honestly I don’t know much about the police chief’s relationships with officers. I always viewed them as management appointed by a local official to over see the hourlies(officers). I’d imagine they fight on behalf of the city officials that appoint them and determine the length of their employment.

El Correcto

god is dead
The chief will confirm Chauvin was not trained to kneel on someone's neck for 9 min 29 sec while handcuffed and subdued.
Doesn’t change the fact a knee to the neck is in their rules as appropriate. I’m curious if they failed to mention a deadline on when the knee should be removed.