The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Johney

Pineapple King
Because eventually the well runs dry. I remember listening to my dads buddies from the steel mill. they used to brag about how much they made, how they received a full pension when they retired. Better benefits then the mgt. they kept pushing, and pushed themselves right out of a job when the mill closed. Now they get jack :censored2:! I like a raise just like the next guy, im just saying sometimes you just need to be happy with the best pay in the industry, a pension that nobody else has, and a top tier health plan. I for one would like to actually collect a pension when I get there.
You can't outsource UPS jobs to China like you can with steel mill jobs.

Non liberal

You can't outsource UPS jobs to China like you can with steel mill jobs.
Nope, but Amazon can take our customers from us when ups can’t offer their services to them at a reasonable price anymore because some hairbrain driver thinks the benchmark for his pay should be set at 50$ hr. Why he thinks he should be paid 50$ hr to deliver boxes, I have no earthly idea. How about just be happy with already being the best paid drivers in the labor market, across all industry, having a pension, and good insurance. I mean, we make 10$ hr more then fed-ex for doing the same damn thing.

Nope, but Amazon can take our customers from us when ups can’t offer their services to them at a reasonable price anymore because some hairbrain driver thinks the benchmark for his pay should be set at 50$ hr. Why he thinks he should be paid 50$ hr to deliver boxes, I have no earthly idea. How about just be happy with already being the best paid drivers in the labor market, across all industry, having a pension, and good insurance. I mean, we make 10$ hr more then fed-ex for doing the same damn thing.
Learn to settle, what a great moral basis for life.

And I'm not taking suggestions about my money from someone that doesn't know that the dollar sign goes in front of the number.

Johney

Pineapple King
Amazon can barely keep up with their own stuff that's why if you'd notice a quarter of our trucks are filled with their packages. So I doubt UPS employees need to worry about Amazon.

Thebrownblob

Yes just being happy made sure where the best paid thank God UPS cares about us and make sure with the best paid, I’m sure they’ll continue to do that if we just Grovel at their feet😂. I hear management is accepting letters to join them you should apply they’ve taken very good care of management over the last few years with that attitude.

Non liberal

Learn to settle, what a great moral basis for life.

And I'm not taking suggestions about my money from someone that doesn't know that the dollar sign goes in front of the number.
Does it really matter where the :censored2: it goes? You get the :censored2:ing point. Sorry, I don’t waste my time making sure the dollar sign is in the right :censored2:ing spot! And yes, when you make a career out of driving a :censored2:ing truck you “settle” for already being the best paid drivers in the us economy jackass. It’s people like you that end up ruining a good thing by demanding more because you wanna drive a 100,000$ car on a drivers salary. Btw, :censored2: your dollar sign!

Non liberal

Yes just being happy made sure where the best paid thank God UPS cares about us and make sure with the best paid, I’m sure they’ll continue to do that if we just Grovel at their feet😂. I hear management is accepting letters to join them you should apply they’ve taken very good care of management over the last few years with that attitude.
You miss the point. Yes the union got us where we’re at. So be happy with it. Or push for a slow raise. I only said what I said because somebody thinks he should be paid 50 an hr. To deliver boxes in todays market. It’s that kind of thinking that is going to get your ass replaced sooner then later.

Thebrownblob

You miss the point. Yes the union got us where we’re at. So be happy with it. Or push for a slow raise. I only said what I said because somebody thinks he should be paid 50 an hr. To deliver boxes in todays market. It’s that kind of thinking that is going to get your ass replaced sooner then later.
Today’s market is probably closer to $50 an hour then it was just a year ago. And yes people are just beating the doors down to replace my ass😂🙄. You know we’ve been hearing people like you talk like that for the last 30 years.

Non liberal

Amazon can barely keep up with their own stuff that's why if you'd notice a quarter of our trucks are filled with their packages. So I doubt UPS employees need to worry about Amazon.
Just wait, they’re coming. It’s not even about the money with bezos. He just likes the challenge anymore.

Non liberal

Today’s market is probably closer to $50 an hour then it was just a year ago. And yes people are just beating the doors down to replace my ass😂🙄. You know we’ve been hearing people like you talk like that for the last 30 years.
What the :censored2: do you think Amazon is doing as we speak? People like you have been getting replaced all throughout history. You’re just lucky you are with a company that allows a union. Thank the late Jim Casey for that.

Does it really matter where the :censored2: it goes? You get the :censored2:ing point. Sorry, I don’t waste my time making sure the dollar sign is in the right :censored2:ing spot! And yes, when you make a career out of driving a :censored2:ing truck you “settle” for already being the best paid drivers in the us economy jackass. It’s people like you that end up ruining a good thing by demanding more because you wanna drive a 100,000$ car on a drivers salary. Btw, :censored2: your dollar sign!
Pull your skirt down, your ignorance is showing.

Come on man you know the hordes of people are coming to replace us they’re waiting outside the gate I can hear them rattling the fence! 😱😂
I'm not so arrogant that I think I'm irreplaceable, or that there aren't people that want my job; I am and there are. I also think it's entirely possible that Amazon can cut into transportation just as easily as they cut unto retail, just not today.

My argument is more that I'm not just settling for being the best paid, or because I have spectacular insurance. The company and shareholders make what they make off of our sweat, I'm getting my share.

Thebrownblob

I'm not so arrogant that I think I'm irreplaceable, or that there aren't people that want my job; I am and there are. I also think it's entirely possible that Amazon can cut into transportation just as easily as they cut unto retail, just not today.

My argument is more that I'm not just settling for being the best paid, or because I have spectacular insurance. The company and shareholders make what they make off of our sweat, I'm getting my share.
No doubt everyone is replaceable at every job. The labor pool is shrinking not expanding because people don’t want to work. Which causes our labor to be more valuable because most people don’t want to do what we do day and and day out. 85 - 90% of the people who come off the street to start this job have an idea in their head of what this job is and see the dollar signs, and then they see what it really is And then realize the value is not there for them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Says the supposed package car driver that doesn't work enough hours to qualify for FMLA.

Non liberal

No doubt everyone is replaceable at every job. The labor pool is shrinking not expanding because people don’t want to work. Which causes our labor to be more valuable because most people don’t want to do what we do day and and day out. 85 - 90% of the people who come off the street to start this job have an idea in their head of what this job is and see the dollar signs, and then they see what it really is And then realize the value is not there for them.
This labor market or lack there of is not sustainable. It’s not going to last forever