The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Non liberal

I'm not so arrogant that I think I'm irreplaceable, or that there aren't people that want my job; I am and there are. I also think it's entirely possible that Amazon can cut into transportation just as easily as they cut unto retail, just not today.

My argument is more that I'm not just settling for being the best paid, or because I have spectacular insurance. The company and shareholders make what they make off of our sweat, I'm getting my share.
Yes they do. If they didn’t ups wouldn’t be here. Get used to it, it’s not going to change. Amazon isn’t getting into shipping because they think they’re going to fail. They’re getting into it because they know they can do it cheaper and there is opportunity there. They are hiring a lot of upper mgt from ups to install the same kind of system. They will be competing with us before long.

Thebrownblob

Yes they do. If they didn’t ups wouldn’t be here. Get used to it, it’s not going to change. Amazon isn’t getting into shipping because they think they’re going to fail. They’re getting into it because they know they can do it cheaper and there is opportunity there. They are hiring a lot of upper mgt from ups to install the same kind of system. They will be competing with us before long.
Yeah you’re right they did hire quite a few managers a few of them were friends of mine who left the company, and have left Amazon because of the awful work conditions. Amazon is a Behemoth for sure. Not so sure they want all of our business. also not sure they could even do it . Many have tried over the years and I can’t even tell you all their names anymore. And that’s not my problem that’s someone else’s problem, if this job ends up having no value I will have no problem walking away from it and doing something else doubt that’s gonna happen in the next five or six years they I plan on being here, or even the next 10 to 20 after I’m gone.

Non liberal

T
Come on man you know the hordes of people are coming to replace us they’re waiting outside the gate I can hear them rattling the fence! 😱😂
I’m not talking about some imaginary group of people. I’m talking about another company that does the same thing and pays their drivers half what we get paid.

Non liberal

Yeah you’re right they did hire quite a few managers a few of them were friends of mine who left the company, and have left Amazon because of the awful work conditions. Amazon is a Behemoth for sure. Not so sure they want all of our business. also not sure they could even do it . Many have tried over the years and I can’t even tell you all their names anymore. And that’s not my problem that’s someone else’s problem, if this job ends up having no value I will have no problem walking away from it and doing something else doubt that’s gonna happen in the next five or six years they I plan on being here, or even the next 10 to 20 after I’m gone.
Yeah well, good for you. People like myself who have put time in here need the pension that we contributed to. Everyone should want a secure retirement. Unless you just like working here that much

Well

then put forth an opposing argument. Instead of acting like a child.
Put forth an argument that details matter? Like knowing how to write in terms of money? Like how you immediately lose credibility, even if you're right, when you can't perform the simplest of tasks?

You presume to know what I drive, what I've "settled" for, and then go on a furious rant of ignorance when pointed out as a fool.

No, I'll choose to just let you do you. We all appreciate a good show.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Lol, it can’t last forever. I’m just saying. Don’t know when it will be, but no company can afford to keep giving employees almost 1.00hr raise every year.

Just saw on the TDU website that “Yellow Freight “ just got a .60 cent COLA along with a .40 cent raise = One Dollar...

You might want to backtrack your statement about companies can not afford our future raises. We are probably going to get our negotiated 1.00 raise and that .60 + COLA.

Back in the early 90’s we were negotiating One Dollar raises annually on a three year contract. In today’s economy that would probably be close to 3 bucks more an hour.. UPS stock was selling around 30 bucks a share, today over 200...

Johney

I’m not talking about some imaginary group of people. I’m talking about another company that does the same thing and pays their drivers half what we get paid.
And when they completely take over like you say, do you really think they will continue to be paid half of a UPS drivers salary? Not likely.

Non liberal

No :censored2:. And as their profits increase, so will mine, because I'm not going to settle for stagnation while they reap increasing benefits.

I just said that.
Lol, not willing to settle. Got news for you. Ain’t nothing about your compensation pkg that indicates settling for anything. You’re a :censored2:ing delivery driver!

Thebrownblob

Lol, not willing to settle. Got news for you. Ain’t nothing about your compensation pkg that indicates settling for anything. You’re a :censored2:ing delivery driver!
Wait a minute so I’m not the luckiest guy in the world? I’m just a dumb delivery driver you’re really confusing me! 😂

Non liberal

Just saw on the TDU website that “Yellow Freight “ just got a .60 cent COLA along with a .40 cent raise = One Dollar...

You might want to backtrack your statement about companies can not afford our future raises. We are probably going to get our negotiated 1.00 raise and that .60 + COLA.

Back in the early 90’s we were negotiating One Dollar raises annually on a three year contract. In today’s economy that would probably be close to 3 bucks more an hour.. UPS stock was selling around 30 bucks a share, today over 200...
So we were making 10 an hr in the 90’s? I’m not against raises. Just don’t be ridiculous about it.