The Hoffa era is over, and the Teamsters are ready to fight

Thebrownblob

I married a beautiful woman that makes more than we do...super duper lucky!!!!
Apparently this life is blissful, I don’t know why he spending so much time talking to people who make more than him, will retire before him, we’re clearly below him. I certainly hope I never figured anything out as well as hope my wife doesn’t either 😂.

Thebrownblob

Good for you, happy for you. I don’t understand what that has to do with the subject. Count your blessings and be happy.
Certainly blessed, nothing was by accident. it was hard work and determination. And unlike you and people like you I will not settle, I will continue to push and help my fellow brothers and sisters get what they deserve. If you’re not moving forward you’re going backwards.

Thebrownblob

Curious...does anyone know UPS' total annual payroll cost?
Operating profit was $12.8 billion; adjusted operating profit was $13.1 billion, up 50.8%. Operating margin was 13.2%; adjusted operating margin was 13.5%.Feb 1, 2022

Not sure but they were able to squeak out a measly 12.8 billion operating profit. Pretty good. They can tell me thank you in August 2023.

Non liberal

Certainly blessed, nothing was by accident. it was hard work and determination. And unlike you and people like you I will not settle, I will continue to push and help my fellow brothers and sisters get what they deserve. If you’re not moving forward you’re going backwards.
Lol, that’s a joke. You’ll take whatever O’Brien gets you. Which, I wouldn’t hold my breath. If you don’t want to settle, then go do something great and quit :censored2:ing with the pensions of the people who went before you just because you want to look like your rich.

MostHelpNeeded

Operating profit was $12.8 billion; adjusted operating profit was $13.1 billion, up 50.8%. Operating margin was 13.2%; adjusted operating margin was 13.5%.Feb 1, 2022

Not sure but they were able to squeak out a measly 12.8 billion operating profit. Pretty good. They can tell me thank you in August 2023.
Yeah, that I know. That's profit...As in, after payroll. I'm interested to know what every $1/hr raise costs UPS, and just how much that really eats into profit. 12/13 billion is a lot of money.

Thebrownblob

Lol, that’s a joke. You’ll take whatever O’Brien gets you. Which, I wouldn’t hold my breath. If you don’t want to settle, then go do something great and quit :censored2:ing with the pensions of the people who went before you just because you want to look like your rich.
Yep just like every other contract I threw my Lot In with the rest of these great people. Worked out pretty well. No one asked to be rich just compensated correctly for their hard work and the companies success. If you don’t play a part in helping your brothers and sisters then the only joke here is you. The ones that came before me make sure we are where we are now, and I will do my part for the next group.

Non liberal

You don’t seem to understand. I don’t care what they make. It’s how much they want to give you untill they start to think, wait a minute, it’s now cheaper to invest in technology and start decreasing the amount of people we employ. Get off the numbers, it doesn’t mean squat.

Thebrownblob

You don’t seem to understand. I don’t care what they make. It’s how much they want to give you untill they start to think, wait a minute, it’s now cheaper to invest in technology and start decreasing the amount of people we employ. Get off the numbers, it doesn’t mean squat.
Great they can think that. Our side will push until we reach the line, and UPS will push back and they’ll come to some sort of agreement. What’s your point? You’re the one crowing about $50 an hour, who knows what it will be. Replacing several hundred thousand people, in this job market would be quite a chore. and the numbers mean everything you’ve never been in negotiation clearly.

Non liberal

Yep just like every other contract I threw my Lot In with the rest of these great people. Worked out pretty well. No one asked to be rich just compensated correctly for their hard work and the companies success. If you don’t play a part in helping your brothers and sisters then the only joke here is you. The ones that came before me make sure we are where we are now, and I will do my part for the next group.
Yeah, but youre not. The only thing the new wave of employees care about is dollars per hour because it’s all about instant gratification. Just do yourself a favor and think about the future of not only yourself but so-called brothers as well. Your wage is only a part of your compensation pkg.

Non liberal

Great they can think that. Our side will push until we reach the line, and UPS will push back and they’ll come to some sort of agreement. What’s your point? You’re the one crowing about $50 an hour, who knows what it will be. Replacing several hundred thousand people, in this job market would be quite a chore. and the numbers mean everything you’ve never been in negotiation clearly.
Don’t have to replace them all at once. And they won’t. How long do you plan on living in retirement? Sure would be nice to be able to collect a pension for those years.

Non liberal

Yup, and the ones who went before you also took pride in what they did and were deserving of what they got. Now you got a bunch of bone heads that want the wage could care less about the pension or benefits and want to do as little as possible for it.

Thebrownblob

Yeah, but youre not. The only thing the new wave of employees care about is dollars per hour because it’s all about instant gratification. Just do yourself a favor and think about the future of not only yourself but so-called brothers as well. Your wage is only a part of your compensation
Yup, and the ones who went before you also took pride in what they did and were deserving of what they got. Now you got a bunch of bone heads that want the wage could care less about the pension or benefits and want to do as little as possible for it.
Some of them, i’m sure most of the other guys thought I was a bonehead when I started too but I grew up. I can assure you when I started here at 19 going to college I didn’t give a rip about pension or insurance.