The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No Taylor stated he will force UPS back to table. They know what the repercussions would be if the passed this contract on a voter percentage turnout... That would be the end of all labor unions and contracts
I'm not sure what paying dues percentage in RTW states are but it signs tank should they try to force it.

LagunaBrown

Either way it’s a win in my book.
Back to the table = potential better contract.
Imposed = Sean walks into his presidency.
Either way I’m happy.
Meester. J/k It’s a win in the West too. I bet the company keeps the NMA the same and the the supplements that got voted down are gonna have issues.

Bob11B

That would require the will to strike. Considering how much money they spent on pro-contract stuff I really doubt the national leadership is that against this version being the final version
I agree. Of course they already have a second offer ready....they didn’t expect it to pass, hence why we got 2 fliers in the mail everyday for weeks now. This contract was a win for them, not us. Even I (as a new driver) voted no even though I would immediately get a +$3 raise/hour, I can see through all the smoke.

DOK

Amen! It goes down like Tony Q and LagunaBrown go down on Hawfa! Or Taylor goes down on Abney!
I hate to break it to you but nothing went down. It all depends on if UPS wants to negotiate. They could offer better (but why) worse or say that was the last and final and it gets imposed. You are so into throwing hate you don’t even see what’s really happened

It was voted down bruh, renegotiate, this wasn’t a final offer, report to work Monday.

LagunaBrown

It was voted down bruh, renegotiate, this wasn’t a final offer, report to work Monday.
As far as the NMA. It’s not voted down unless over 50% voted (they didn’t) and beat by 2/3 (it didn’t). That is why Taylor said it was ratified per the constitution. We have right to negotiate improvements without triggering a new vote but UPS could simply say no. Not trying to argue just telling you the facts.

Over disciplined0123

No Taylor stated he will force UPS back to table. They know what the repercussions would be if the passed this contract on a voter percentage turnout... That would be the end of all labor unions and contracts

Even the 42k that voted yes have to see how weak this comes across and how terrible it looks for future negotiations should the Hoffa slate stay in charge.
ohhh. I’m sure he will be out with big numbers next election. Hopefully before but we will see

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Idk, this seems to be a major cluster :censored2:
Shocker.

We've known about the contract end date since 2013 yet we waited til spring to start negotiations. Then waited forever to take a strike vote that they had no intention of using as leverage. Then took til late September to get this thing to vote.

The entire IBT is a cluster at this point.