The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Amazons $15 an hour is a smokescreen. Trust me. It was to put more mom and pop stores out of business - not for the employees. If you think they did it to help the employees im selling you a bridge.

rebel87

What’s sad is that you couldn’t get more than 50% of the members to vote.
Need to change who is allowed to vote. To be allowed to vote, you have to be employed for 5 years. Alot of these people not voting are 19 year old part timers who could give 2 poops if the contract passes or not. Voter turnout would be much higher.

Tony Q

Need to change who is allowed to vote. To be allowed to vote, you have to be employed for 5 years. Alot of these people not voting are 19 year old part timers who could give 2 poops if the contract passes or not. Voter turnout would be much higher.
Negative on that one

Superteeth2478

Don't forget that now the Teamster leadership is claiming it's the "final offer"...if it was the final offer and they really wanted to get a yes vote and absolutely were willing to strike, they would have told the membership it was the final offer and cited Article XII Section 2 language. But they didn't, and instead resorted to scare tactics...they lost all credibility with that move.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Updated: UPS Contracts Rejected, Union and Company to Return to the Table | Labor Notes

"Taylor’s threat hinged on language in the Teamsters constitution (Article XII, Section 2(d)(2)) that allows negotiators to accept a contract if fewer than half the members vote, unless at least two-thirds vote no.

According to UPS Teamsters United, Taylor claimed in a meeting of local UPS leaders that the union would be required to accept the deal. In reality, the language says the negotiating committee would be required to accept the company’s final offer “or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.”

Though awkwardly written, the provision clearly says that bargainers have the option to negotiate better terms.

Federal law does not guarantee members the right to vote on their own union contracts. However, the Teamsters like many other unions have enshrined that right in their constitution, along with rules governing such votes."
You understand now?

RoadRage

I’d say the IBT is closer to shutting down than ups. You guys strike you know it’s over right. Ups has a global network they will be fine. A small blip. We have so much stupid unprofitable volume as it is. Shed 30% of it - and the IBT anchor - and my stock go to an all time high.

It’s like the union folks that voted for trump. So silly.
Your the last person this company needs.. lol sales guy..car sales are down as well ..

Bob11B

I blame ourselves for this....no one communicated with our preloaders and only ONCE did I see any union reps at our center over the last few months. How are the “young guys” supposed to know anything?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I blame ourselves for this....no one communicated with our preloaders and only ONCE did I see any union reps at our center over the last few months. How are the “young guys” supposed to know anything?
“Old guy” need to take the lead, get them to meetings, have parking lot meetings and spread the word.

Skooney

TONY Q SAID WE WERE STRIKING.

SOME OTHER :censored2: SAID THERE WOULD BE 8.2 PLANNED DAYS - STILL WAITING FOR THAT.

NEITHER OF THESE THINGS ARE :censored2:ING HAPPENING AND IM ANGRY.

Have a nice night. BTW, Sam Adams Boston Lager is life.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Someone is going to have to sit in front of our customers and tell them why keeping their business with ups is a good idea.

We don’t even sell at this company we come up with excuses about why our service sucks.