The ( OFFICIAL ) angry Contract results thread!

Over disciplined0123

Shocker.

We've known about the contract end date since 2013 yet we waited til spring to start negotiations. Then waited forever to take a strike vote that they had no intention of using as leverage. Then took til late September to get this thing to vote.

The entire IBT is a cluster at this point.
No I believe they started these talks last year

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Updated: UPS Contracts Rejected, Union and Company to Return to the Table | Labor Notes

"Taylor’s threat hinged on language in the Teamsters constitution (Article XII, Section 2(d)(2)) that allows negotiators to accept a contract if fewer than half the members vote, unless at least two-thirds vote no.

According to UPS Teamsters United, Taylor claimed in a meeting of local UPS leaders that the union would be required to accept the deal. In reality, the language says the negotiating committee would be required to accept the company’s final offer “or such additional provisions as can be negotiated by it.”

Though awkwardly written, the provision clearly says that bargainers have the option to negotiate better terms.

Federal law does not guarantee members the right to vote on their own union contracts. However, the Teamsters like many other unions have enshrined that right in their constitution, along with rules governing such votes."

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I heard that now that the contract was shot down UPS is going to close up shop next Monday.

Time to apply at amazon. s/

I’d say the IBT is closer to shutting down than ups. You guys strike you know it’s over right. Ups has a global network they will be fine. A small blip. We have so much stupid unprofitable volume as it is. Shed 30% of it - and the IBT anchor - and my stock go to an all time high.

It’s like the union folks that voted for trump. So silly.

Over disciplined0123

You find me an amazon employee with close to the same benefits as a ups pt employee and I’ll hold a sign with you all.
True , But majority of part timers who are in college 20 yrs old do not even use thier benefits. So give them option to opt out and make 20 dollars a hour .. because ups states that the benefits provided are worth 10 $ a hour.

Superteeth2478

As far as the NMA. It’s not voted down unless over 50% voted (they didn’t) and beat by 2/3 (it didn’t). That is why Taylor said it was ratified per the constitution. We have right to negotiate improvements without triggering a new vote but UPS could simply say no. Not trying to argue just telling you the facts.
NO NO NO! It's not the FINAL OFFER! Why doesn't anyone remember that in '97 UPS announced that it was the final offer? Why hadn't the union told us it was the final offer in those glossy mailers and cited the Article XII language? JUST SHUT UP!

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Id welcome with open arms National right to work if this POS passes. Making the union actually have to come to us for money instead of being able to just take it would do wonders for relations and bargaining. They’d actually have to do what we want.

Days

As far as the NMA. It’s not voted down unless over 50% voted (they didn’t) and beat by 2/3 (it didn’t). That is why Taylor said it was ratified per the constitution. We have right to negotiate improvements without triggering a new vote but UPS could simply say no. Not trying to argue just telling you the facts.

Thank you for putting out the facts

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
True , But majority of part timers who are in college 20 yrs old do not even use thier benefits. So give them option to opt out and make 20 dollars a hour .. because ups states that the benefits provided are worth 10 $ a hour.

And guaranteed raises and paid time off I mean :censored2: - let’s just let the kids pick their own hours while we’re at it