The race to 100k

barnyard

KTM rider
There are 2 guys that go in early for the preload and work on Saturdays if they have any hours available. Next week, I am working a feeder gig that is a 13 hour schedule if everything goes really well. There is no way I could do that week after week after week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are 2 guys that go in early for the preload and work on Saturdays if they have any hours available. Next week, I am working a feeder gig that is a 13 hour schedule if everything goes really well. There is no way I could do that week after week after week.
Maybe in my 20’s to early 30’s but not now. Weekends off is all that makes it worth it.

my best friend just started his IBEW apprenticeship. Always been the type of guy that takes pride in how hard he works And the hours he’s willing to put in. Well a month in their job site goes to 7 days a week 10 hour days. About 2 weeks in he’s like this sucks man.

PACNW

$81k. I've never hit $100k before. I have no interest in OT. Pretty much a certainly this year. If I didn't work another day this year, it would still be one of my highest grossing years ever. Hit $80k a couple of times and $90k only once in 20 years.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t make top rate but by the end of the year I will make base gross of what top rate would get

rod

Retired 23 years
Maybe in my 20’s to early 30’s but not now. Weekends off is all that makes it worth it.

my best friend just started his IBEW apprenticeship. Always been the type of guy that takes pride in how hard he works And the hours he’s willing to put in. Well a month in their job site goes to 7 days a week 10 hour days. About 2 weeks in he’s like this sucks man.
Right out of high school I moved to Rockford Illinois and worked 6 days a week 12 hours a day at a machine shop and still partied most every night. That got old real fast. Maybe that is why I'm so trred now :-)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A real feeder driver could it do it year after year after year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Right out of high school I moved to Rockford Illinois and worked 6 days a week 12 hours a day at a machine shop and still partied most every night. That got old real fast. Maybe that is why I'm so trred now :-)
Yep. When I started at ups I left for work at 3pm for my first job and got back whenever preload wrapped. 6 hours of sleep every single day got old real fast.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We have three guys who have been doing it year after year for the 7 years I've been in feeders.
I knew a feeder driver who got mad when he got his 6th week of vacation because it meant a pay cut, I thought he was joking at first but he was serious. I never met such a bunch of money grubbers in my life, these guys were practically dancing when they would bump us up to 70/8.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I knew a feeder driver who got mad when he got his 6th week of vacation because it meant a pay cut, I thought he was joking at first but he was serious. I never met such a bunch of money grubbers in my life, these guys were practically dancing when they would bump us up to 70/8.
Reminds me of the union trustee who said his week in vegas at the unity conference was a pay cut. Boo hoo free week in vegas.

barnyard

KTM rider
Back when I was in college, I lived with a couple and milked their cows at 4a and 4p. In between, I went to classes and after evening milking and a very fast supper, went back into town for summer softball league. By the end of the summer, I was beat.