The religion of peace strikes again...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'm not sure you get it either. If we had to kill all the Germans to defeat Germany, how do we still have Germans?

If you want to only narrow that down to Nazis only, then explain Operation Paperclip?

Hint: Wernher von Braun
I don't want to narrow it down to just the nazis.
We shouldn't narrow it down to just the radical muslims either.

Packmule

If we had taken an early aggressive approach to the rising Nazi problem instead of sticking our heads in the sand until Japan forced our hand, the war would have been over before it ever got started and millions of people would not have died.
Unfortunately, we are currently headed down the same naive path, 2016 can't come soon enough.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A prominent Saudi Arabian cleric has caused a stir by declaring the building of snowmen as anti-Islamic.

After a snowstorm hit northern Saudi Arabia this week, a religious website asked Sheikh Mohammed Saleh al-Munajjid if it was acceptable for fathers to build snowmen for their children, Reuters reports.

"It is not permitted to make a statue out of snow, even by way of play and fun," Sheikh Munajjid said.
Sheikh Munajjid, quoting Muslim scholars, argues that the building of snowmen creates an image of human beings -- an action viewed as sinful under Saudi Arabia’s interpretation of Sunni Islam.

The decree drew mixed responses on Twitter, where users were posting in Arabic and identifying themselves with Arab names.

"They are afraid for their faith of everything ... sick minds," one user wrote.
"It (building snowmen) is imitating the infidels, it promotes lustiness and eroticism," another user wrote. "May God preserve the scholars, for they enjoy sharp vision and recognize matters that even Satan does not think about."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2015/01/14/muhammad-sculpture-inside-supreme-court-a-gesture-of-goodwill/
Perched above the press seating area inside the U.S. Supreme Court chamber is a marble image of Prophet Muhammad.

Sculpted in a frieze, the Muhammad statue carries a sword and the Quran and stands in the company of more than a dozen other “great lawgivers of history.” They range from Moses to Confucius to Napoleon to John Marshall, some of whom appear in an accompanying frieze along the south side of the room.
The “controversy was generally laid to rest, in part through a fatwa” authored by Sheikh Taha Jaber al-Alwani, an influential Islamic scholar, according to a 2009 article in Hamline University’s Journal of Law and Religion.

The Islamic legal opinion written by Mr. al-Alwani concludes:

What I have seen in the Supreme Courtroom deserves nothing but appreciation and gratitude from American Muslims. This is a positive gesture toward Islam made by the architect and other architectural decision-makers of the highest Court in America. God willing, it will help ameliorate some of the unfortunate misinformation that has surrounded Islam and Muslims in this country.

In a culture whose literary heritage is replete with disdainful images of the Prophet Muhammad . . . it is comforting to note that those in the highest Court in the United States were able to surmount these prejudices, and display his image among those of the greatest lawgivers in human history. Isn’t that effort a noble gesture that deserves from us, who believe in him as the Prophet and Messenger, every encouragement, esteem, and gratitude instead of disapproval, condemnation, and outrage?

An information sheet published by the Supreme Court’s curator office said the 80-year-old statue is “a well-intentioned attempt by the sculptor, Adolph Weinman, to honor Muhammad and it bears no resemblance to Muhammad.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
6zbj8y.jpg

Packmule

Few years back those idiots from Westboro Baptist showed up in our little town to protest some funeral. Hundreds of local church groups showed up to shout them down and crowd them out. To date Westboro hasn't used violence but if they ever do you can bet they'll be dealt with quickly.
That's what you call expressing outrage at those who hijack your faith and misrepresent it for evil purposes.

Packmule

Turning their backs on that POS NY calls a mayor. Him, Obama, Holder and Sharpton should all be arrested for inciting a riot, accessories to murder and thrown in Gitmo till $&@/ freezes over.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Turning their backs on that POS NY calls a mayor. Him, Obama, Holder and Sharpton should all be arrested for inciting a riot, accessories to murder and thrown in Gitmo till $&@/ freezes over.
My bad, thought maybe you had a rational viewpoint about why you find the mayor's comments so offensive. Never mind, enjoy your nonsensical ranting.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You asked. You can either handle the truth or you can't.
I was asking you what about the mayor's comments you find offensive, and you went on a rant about Sharpton, Obama, and Holder being sent to gitmo. There's no truth to handle, it's just nonsense.

If avoiding simple questions with angry rants are your thing, you're in the right place, and you'll find good company.

Packmule

I was asking you what about the mayor's comments you find offensive, and you went on a rant about Sharpton, Obama, and Holder being sent to gitmo. There's no truth to handle, it's just nonsense.

If avoiding simple questions with angry rants are your thing, you're in the right place, and you'll find good company.
Okay, it was the mayor's irresponsible and completely off base anti cop rants that encouraged an unstable mind to murder two cops who were sitting in a car eating lunch.
When you have a son, as I do, who is in law enforcement, I have little tolerance for those who cry racism every time an officer has to do his job. Sorry if that offends anyone.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Okay, it was the mayor's irresponsible and completely off base anti cop rants that encouraged an unstable mind to murder two cops who were sitting in a car eating lunch.
When you have a son, as I do, who is in law enforcement, I have little tolerance for those who cry racism every time an officer has to do his job. Sorry if that offends anyone.
Slow down there cowboy, he never ranted, he expressed an opinion that is held by people all across the country about how to interact with police.

“We’ve had to literally train him, as families have all over this city for decades, in how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him.”
He clarified:
"And with Dante, very early on with my son, we said, look, if a police officer stops you, do everything he tells you to do, don't move suddenly, don't reach for your cell phone, because we knew, sadly, there's a greater chance it might be misinterpreted if it was a young man of color."

Are you upset that he taught his son to do everything the police told him? Or maybe your upset that it's human nature to profile people?
I just don't get it. Teaching your kids to do what the police tell them, not make sudden moves.... this sounds like common sense to me.