The religion of peace strikes again...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
OK but lets not stop there. We can also send all jews and christians back from where they started from too.

When you set a precedence, the unintended consequences can be a bitch!
Mainly because jews and christians and other religions are not the problem. Muslims have PROVEN that they can not live with other religions. They are the only religion that can't seem to "GET ALONG WITH OTHERS". So banish them to Muslim only countries.
But this won't happen. Instead WW3 is looming. Less than 4 years away.
Sucks for me. I have a sons who are military age.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Mainly because jews and christians and other religions are not the problem. Muslims have PROVEN that they can not live with other religions. They are the only religion that can't seem to "GET ALONG WITH OTHERS". So banish them to Muslim only countries.
Christians slaughtered Muslims during the Crusades.
Christians slaughtered the Mayans and Incas.
Christians slaughtered the Native American.
Christians murdered the Wicans.
ETC.

You call this getting along with others who don't believe in your religion?
Hypocrisy.

realbrown1

Christians slaughtered Muslims during the Crusades.
Christians slaughtered the Mayans and Incas.
Christians slaughtered the Native American.
Christians murdered the Wicans.
ETC.

You call this getting along with others who don't believe in your religion?
Hypocrisy.
When was the last time the CHRISTIANS slaughtered anyone?
How does it feel reading this knowing you just lost the argument?

wkmac

I have a better solution.
Ban all religion worldwide.
Burn all synagogs, mosques and churches to the ground along with all their holy books.
Decapitate anyone who mentions religion.
In a hundred years or so there would be less to fight over.

Since I'm the only admitted atheist here that I'm aware of, I totally disagree with that draconian behavior that both islam and christianity have been guilty of. The free thought of the enlightenment and the liberty of the individual IMO prohibits such neanderthal thinking. The better solution is a totally open platform for thought and speech and let knowledge and wisdom rule the day. The late Christopher Hitchens was once asked about arriving at the last Christian on earth and even Chris said that he would protect him/her from extinction. Dawkins was shocked by Hitchens admission but what Dawkins failed to understand was Hitchens devotion to the ideal of free thought and free expression. I'm a vastly bigger fan of Hitch than I am Dawkins. Even Dawkins is too dogmatic for me. Reminds me of some christians I know!

As to burning holy books, I'd fight you fiercely over that because those holy books when not taken literally are a window into the past and what people were thinking and influenced by. I still consider the bible a fascinating read albeit mostly myth and the more I read of ancient non orthodox texts along with cross checking to the greek and hebrew languages, the more I learn and ironically the more I find my non belief in the bible god or even the growing evidence for the lack of historicity of Jesus to be supported from the very pages that are supposed to prove both.

I'm so open about this that my guitarist daughter was just hired on as a church music director and I fully support her doing this. Religion is a journey of and for the self, not a collective journey of mass forced conformity. Each must travel that road and I will always respect those who respect me back in regards to my own journey.

Organized religion is like a cage, not unlike its latin word equivalent religare meaning to tie up, to bind. At the least Jesus, who ever he was or of the many persons he likely was, was a gnostic philosopher among other things who likely taught anything but caging the seeker of gnosis. That cage was built in the 4th century when the State established orthodoxy and crushed all other ideas in its wake which were many of the gnostic followers of the many Jesuses that existed over several 100 years from the Teacher of Righteousness circa 100 BC of the Dead Sea Scrolls to the later Chrestus and the Chrestian movement of the late 1st century CE Rome. Once the State needed orthodoxy all others had to go and the Jesus we now know and his gospel contractions became the one and only way.

Don't become exactly what religion has been for at least the last 1700 plus years in the western christian civilization sense and seek to destroy as they did. Look at what their actions gave us. Why just rinse and repeat?

wkmac

Again be careful of the precedence you set.

bbsam

Staff member
Follow any religion back to the very beginning and you'll find some guy in a cave telling his kids a story about where the sun goes at night.
And doesn't science do the same...with all life and energy on the planet originating from the heavens, or more specifically the sun? And we're not the creatures of the sea before those on land? At least one Genesis creation story may have been pretty close.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
f31_30708063.jpg

racistprotestinArkansas_zps4d2832fe.jpg

Bible belt southern christians spewing hate.
Love thy neighbor.
As long as they attend separate schools, ride in the back of the bus, drink from separate water fountains, etc.

bbsam

Staff member
We have a lot of Muslims in our community. I've found the ones I've met to be decent families and very pleasant overall. Probably luring us in so they can have mass beheadings at the soccer fields.

wkmac

We have a lot of Muslims in our community. I've found the ones I've met to be decent families and very pleasant overall. Probably luring us in so they can have mass beheadings at the soccer fields.

RealBrown doesn't strike me as one who gets out much and meets diverse people. Then again, I doubt he's alone here either. ;)

realbrown1

That is stupid reasoning. Don't be so gullible.

realbrown1

RealBrown doesn't strike me as one who gets out much and meets diverse people. Then again, I doubt he's alone here either. ;)
You know nothing about me and are guessing.
I would say that is typical of you liberal democrat trolls.

bbsam

Staff member
That is stupid reasoning. Don't be so gullible.
Not my fault. My grandfather delivered mail to a huge mosque north of Chicago for 30 years and had nothing but positive things to say about their outreach during the Great Depression. And then there's my minister father who has always been active in interfaith/community meetings and projects. The bastards taught me respect and value of others. Gotta hate that!