The religion of peace strikes again...

wkmac

Not my fault. My grandfather delivered mail to a huge mosque north of Chicago for 30 years and had nothing but positive things to say about their outreach during the Great Depression. And then there's my minister father who has always been active in interfaith/community meetings and projects. The bastards taught me respect and value of others. Gotta hate that!

Just messed you up didn't they. Maybe Realbrown can understand that. ;)

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Estimated to be over 1.7 billion muslims worldwide. You find them ALL guilty for the radicalism of a tiny minority.
And they get along with which other religion? Go ahead, if you can, and name just 1 religious group that the Muslims live in peace with.
You can win this argument if you can name that religion. But you can't. We all know you can't.

wkmac

They only play at GETTING ALONG while they are in the minority. Once they are in the majority it's Sharia Law or death.

You know so little of Jewish and Persian history. There is a clear friendship with Iran formally caller Persia dating back to 538 BC and the reign of King Cyrus, known as Cyrus the Great, who freed the Judeans from Babylonian captivity and even financed and restored them back to their land. The jews were so grateful that they bestowed a unique title upon Cyrus, they called him in the Hebrew Mashiah meaning anointed one which translates into english, Messiah. The greek Septuagint uses the word Khristos which in english is Christ. You see to jews in Babylon, Cyrus was a messiah, a christ figure in that he brought to them salvation. That legacy among Persians and devoted orthodox jews goes way, way back and there is a deep affection as a result.

You know you might read the bible sometime, specifically the books of Ezra and Nehemiah and get some background on this part of history and then you just might understand the Rabbi's hospitality to President Ahmadinejad has a long and rich tradition that has nothing to do with fear.

BTW: If you listen to the Rabbi speak of Zionism as opposed to Rabbinic Judaism, he's giving you a lesson and a hint of what Zionism is. Go research Theodore Herzl and the early Zionist movement of the late 19th and early 20th century. I'm certain you won't but then your ignorance is on you.