The religion of peace strikes again...

wkmac

CIA now following Sharia Law and the concept of Blood Money to get it's personal out of legal jams.

Now where are the wailing and gnashing of teeth types for this latest slipping further down the islamic legal rabbit hole?

Seems also that the act of paying the blood money is proof of guilt of the accused according to Sharia Law.
Interesting!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
(RNW)- Indonesia admitted on Wednesday that soldiers had been entering mosques of a minority Islamic sect but said they had been protecting followers, escalating a debate about religious freedoms.
An Indonesian human rights group said however it had recorded 56 cases in West Java province in which soldiers forced Ahmadiyah followers to convert to mainstream Islam.
The government denies there have been any forced conversions, saying the military intervention was to protect the Ahmadiyah from more violence.
“As long as their intention is positive — that is to ensure Ahmadiyah followers do not become the target of violence — then that’s not a human rights violation,” said Justice and Human Rights Minister Patrialis Akbar.
“It’s not a harmful intervention,” Akbar told reporters.
But local rights group Imparsial disputed that, saying soldiers have entered mosques, gathered the sect followers and “forced them to repent and convert to Islam”.
There has been an international outcry over the treatment of Ahmadis after an amateur video showed hundreds of Muslim fanatics armed with machetes, sticks and rocks attacking Ahmadiyah followers, leaving three dead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
gorrell.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
KKK is a buch of God-fearing Christians. Women's health clinics were often bombed by groups proclaiming Christianity. Aryan Nation proclaims Godly direction.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes. But More's cartoon suggested that America has Christianity with Mormons and Quakers and left out the crazies that claim Christianity. Just as there are nuts like Al-Queda who claim Islam.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually I was mocking Baba. We have several Amish communities around here that I deliver to from time to time and I am always drawn to their very pleasant and calm demeanor. Also as you point out, never hard to find someone still working even when I'm pulling up to their place at 8 pm.

wkmac

People mock the Amish but they are some of the hardest working people that I have ever met. Ever notice you don't read about foreclosures and bankruptcies among the Amish?

Great point Upstate and thanks for making it.

Here's an interesting thought to ponder in regards to the Amish, Mennonite type communities. Just for the sake of discussion, let's say the economy as we know it completely collaspes, the dollar as we know it is worthless. Global commerce comes to a halt, no foreign oil from anyone. I'm talking almost the worse case scenario as it relates to all things economic. Now who do you think is going to just basically keep on living life almost as they do now and who is going to be in dire straits? A very interesting read here may help answer those questions.

I'm not one for their religious beliefs as it goes but I'm not foolish enough to not look at how these folks live otherwise and realize that a lot of our problems we face today, many of the answers might well be found from observing how these folks face life. One things for sure, oil will never be a concern but hay is another story!
:happy-very:

And if Baba thinks these folks live in the stone age, well watch these folks build a stone age house but listen closely and you'll hear a stone age saw being used too!

BTW: Anyone heard of a housing crisis in the Amish/Mennonite communities as Upstate pointed out? With real estate values dropping like a rock and so many foreclosures on the market, I wonder if the Amish/Mennonite communities are buying? Like in the 80's when farm land was on the auction block, they were scooping up land and paying cash of course. Go ahead, make fun of them, laugh at them but in reality who is laughing at who here and who may in the end may have the last laugh?

KKK is a buch of God-fearing Christians. Women's health clinics were often bombed by groups proclaiming Christianity. Aryan Nation proclaims Godly direction.

Yes. But More's cartoon suggested that America has Christianity with Mormons and Quakers and left out the crazies that claim Christianity. Just as there are nuts like Al-Queda who claim Islam.
How bout adding up a few numbers? How many Al-queda, Hammas, etc etc fighting jihads vs. "christian" murderers ? What is the total death toll on both sides of the equation? Comparing Islamic radicals declaring and carry out jihad to Christian radicals that bomb clinics and terrorize minority races is sorta like an apple orchard to an orange.

Last edited:

Great point Upstate and thanks for making it.

Here's an interesting thought to ponder in regards to the Amish, Mennonite type communities. Just for the sake of discussion, let's say the economy as we know it completely collaspes, the dollar as we know it is worthless. Global commerce comes to a halt, no foreign oil from anyone. I'm talking almost the worse case scenario as it relates to all things economic. Now who do you think is going to just basically keep on living life almost as they do now and who is going to be in dire straits? A very interesting read here may help answer those questions.

I'm not one for their religious beliefs as it goes but I'm not foolish enough to not look at how these folks live otherwise and realize that a lot of our problems we face today, many of the answers might well be found from observing how these folks face life. One things for sure, oil will never be a concern but hay is another story!
:happy-very:

And if Baba thinks these folks live in the stone age, well watch these folks build a stone age house but listen closely and you'll hear a stone age saw being used too!

[video=youtube;_C2eAqBfvqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2eAqBfvqM[/video]

BTW: Anyone heard of a housing crisis in the Amish/Mennonite communities as Upstate pointed out? With real estate values dropping like a rock and so many foreclosures on the market, I wonder if the Amish/Mennonite communities are buying? Like in the 80's when farm land was on the auction block, they were scooping up land and paying cash of course. Go ahead, make fun of them, laugh at them but in reality who is laughing at who here and who may in the end may have the last laugh?
Approx. 20 years ago there was a very small community of Mennonites in Gaines County Tex, today they out number the non-Mennonite population. These majority of the people immigrated from Mexico to here (Legally) and most have become US citizens, some go to the local schools other go to the Mennonite private schools they built. Some hold dearly to the Mennonite traditions and some are very Americanized. All that I ever dealt with, and that has been many, are hard working, expert craftsmen, good people (even the ones that no longer adhere to the Mennonite religion) and honest as the day is long. If I was going to build a house, I would not hesitate to hire a Mennonite contractor.
I know very little about their religion other than they are Christian based.

bbsam

Staff member
How adding up a few numbers? How many Al-queda, Hammas, etc etc fighting jihads vs. "christian" murderers ? What is the total death toll on both sides of the equation? Comparing Islamic radicals declare and carry out jihad to Christian radicals that bomb clinics and terrorize minority races is sorta like an apple orchard to an orange.
Adding up body bags? I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Doesn't really get at the real issue though. Let me help you there.
People who feel oppressed, frightened, and hopeless have found solace in religion throughout the ages. In the cases of Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela, whole movements have risen up with a religious foundation and peaceful demonstration and non-compliance.
There are those movements, however, that find a way to take the same religions and use them to justify hatred and violence. In this vein we find Al-Queda, the Aryan Brotherhood, and others.
So I think the fruits are the same which leaves only one question left: the surrounding conditions. The KKK thrived in th South where the oppression of the North turned life upside-down. Not only had the Civil War devastated the Southern States, but it had crushed one it's primary engines of economic success (slavery). And though the South had lost the ability to wage war against the north, there were still target of opportunity. How hard is it in those conditions to convince people that blacks are "the devil's children", and that freeing the savages were an afront to God. Don't minimize the violence that followed those "religious" exhortations. They could even make the case that Jesus himself never condemned slavery. In fact, the question never came up except in how the master was to treat a slave. For the most part this country has grown out of that contamination of religious thought.
So what about Al-Queda? Same exact thing. But in the ghettos of Somalia and the mountains of Afganistan or the sands of Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the oppressors are the respective governments. If there is law, it is ignored. Those in power hang on to it through over-whelming brutality where there is no objection, no appeal. Is it any wonder that Abu-Ghraib only fuels those fires? Though the nations may be wealthy, the people have nothing. I would submit to you that in such conditions Christianity also could be bent to such hatred. Jesus himself said, "I do not come to bring peace, but the sword." Elijah slaughtered the priests of a rival religion. Moses called down the plagues on Egypt including the death of each first born male. So even though Jesus commands us to "Love our neighbors as ourselves," and offers such platitudes as "The meek shall inherit the earth," and
"the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," the Bible also holds equally valid millitancy for those in despair. That flame is not hard to ignite.

wkmac

Approx. 20 years ago there was a very small community of Mennonites in Gaines County Tex, today they out number the non-Mennonite population. These majority of the people immigrated from Mexico to here (Legally) and most have become US citizens, some go to the local schools other go to the Mennonite private schools they built. Some hold dearly to the Mennonite traditions and some are very Americanized. All that I ever dealt with, and that has been many, are hard working, expert craftsmen, good people (even the ones that no longer adhere to the Mennonite religion) and honest as the day is long. If I was going to build a house, I would not hesitate to hire a Mennonite contractor.
I know very little about their religion other than they are Christian based.

trplnkl,

Look up anabaptist and it will give you a general idea for the basis of their beliefs. Both Amish and Mennonite come from that tradition. As to your observation of the people themselves, I would concur.

Adding up body bags? I suppose that's one way of looking at it. Doesn't really get at the real issue though. Let me help you there.
People who feel oppressed, frightened, and hopeless have found solace in religion throughout the ages. In the cases of Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Nelson Mandela, whole movements have risen up with a religious foundation and peaceful demonstration and non-compliance.
There are those movements, however, that find a way to take the same religions and use them to justify hatred and violence. In this vein we find Al-Queda, the Aryan Brotherhood, and others.
So I think the fruits are the same which leaves only one question left: the surrounding conditions. The KKK thrived in th South where the oppression of the North turned life upside-down. Not only had the Civil War devastated the Southern States, but it had crushed one it's primary engines of economic success (slavery). And though the South had lost the ability to wage war against the north, there were still target of opportunity. How hard is it in those conditions to convince people that blacks are "the devil's children", and that freeing the savages were an afront to God. Don't minimize the violence that followed those "religious" exhortations. They could even make the case that Jesus himself never condemned slavery. In fact, the question never came up except in how the master was to treat a slave. For the most part this country has grown out of that contamination of religious thought.
So what about Al-Queda? Same exact thing. But in the ghettos of Somalia and the mountains of Afganistan or the sands of Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the oppressors are the respective governments. If there is law, it is ignored. Those in power hang on to it through over-whelming brutality where there is no objection, no appeal. Is it any wonder that Abu-Ghraib only fuels those fires? Though the nations may be wealthy, the people have nothing. I would submit to you that in such conditions Christianity also could be bent to such hatred. Jesus himself said, "I do not come to bring peace, but the sword." Elijah slaughtered the priests of a rival religion. Moses called down the plagues on Egypt including the death of each first born male. So even though Jesus commands us to "Love our neighbors as ourselves," and offers such platitudes as "The meek shall inherit the earth," and
"the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand," the Bible also holds equally valid millitancy for those in despair. That flame is not hard to ignite.
So you choose to ignore the sheer numbers of people slaughtered? Hell yea, the body bag count is important, but not as much as the vast numbers of people of a given faith that declare anyone but their own should die. Religion isn't the threat, it is the people misusing the religion to literally commit genocide on the rest of the world, including you and me. Do you really believe any Islamic terrorist is going to ask you how you stand? I think not.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So you choose to ignore the sheer numbers of people slaughtered? Hell yea, the body bag count is important, but not as much as the vast numbers of people of a given faith that declare anyone but their own should die. Religion isn't the threat, it is the people misusing the religion to literally commit genocide on the rest of the world, including you and me. Do you really believe any Islamic terrorist is going to ask you how you stand? I think not.

If the basis of the religion is to "kill the outsiders" ....that's all I need to hear and I don't want to study their holy book to understand them better....screw 'em, I'm outta there!!! Closed mind? So be it!!