The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Mueller Enlists Top Criminal Law Expert for Russia Probe

The move signals that Mueller is seeking advice on the complexities that have arisen already in the investigations, including what constitutes obstruction of justice.

The move signals that Mueller may be seeking advice on complex areas of criminal law, including what constitutes obstruction of justice.

You seem to have misquoted there.
What does this circus have to do with the fact that Russia influenced our election.... you guys are all so easily distracted lol.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No I didn't. I never mentioned your other post yet you quoted me from a different post.
There you go deflecting from my post by talking about a different post that you never mentioned my other post in, yet you quoted this most recent post to complain about some other post......

Hey, did you hear about how the NSA confirmed Russia hacked our election? TTKU.

Sportello

In order to bypass paywall, here is the entire article:

Special counsel Robert Mueller has recruited the Justice Department’s top criminal law expert to help with his investigation of ties between the Trump presidential campaign and Russian officials.

Deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben, who has argued more than 100 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and oversees the Justice Department’s criminal appellate docket, will be assisting Mueller on a part-time basis, according to sources familiar with the arrangement.

While helping Mueller, Dreeben will continue in his role in the solicitor general’s office, with other lawyers in the office pitching in to help him with upcoming criminal cases.

The move signals that Mueller is seeking advice on the complexities that have arisen already in the investigations, including what constitutes obstruction of justice.

"Michael Dreeben is to criminal law what Robert Mueller is to investigations,” former acting Solicitor General Neal Katyal said Thursday night. “Literally the very best. Yet another sign of how serious Mueller is about this matter." Now a partner at Hogan Lovells, Katyal has been a key figure in challenging President Donald Trump’s travel ban.

In 2005, Dreeben argued and lost a case for the government involving obstruction-of-justice charges against the Arthur Andersen accounting firm in the wake of the Enron scandal.

At an event marking Dreeben’s 100th Supreme Court argument in 2016, justices praised his expertise in the area of criminal law. He argued his first case at the court in 1989 against John Roberts Jr., then in private practice, and has worked in the solicitor general’s office under Republicans and Democrats ever since.

Justice Elena Kagan, who worked with Dreeben as solicitor general before joining the high court, said she felt honored "in the company of a magnificent attorney doing a magnificent job."

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that when Dreeben approaches the lectern at the Supreme Court, "I know he will tell it straight."

newfie

That's great ... I guess everyone is happy.

that was the beauty of Comey. I saw a quote yesterday that said comey would give a republican the feeling he comey was a republican and a democrat the feeling he comey was a democrat.

you saw that in the interview yesterday. He was more then happy to take shots at trump for the dems and more then happy to take shots at Lynch and the media for the republicans.

everyone got a happy meal yesterday.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Memories from a simpler, happier time:
Fox News Was Attacking Barack Obama for Using Dijon Mustard at This Point in His Presidency
In news from eight years ago that appears to be from some alternate reality, Obama left the White House and went out for a local bite to eat with vice president and BFF Joe Biden in May. The two politicians ordered hamburgers, MSNBC journalist Andrea Mitchell reported at the time, with the sitting president requesting mustard on his red meat.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Memories from a simpler, happier time:
Fox News Was Attacking Barack Obama for Using Dijon Mustard at This Point in His Presidency
In news from eight years ago that appears to be from some alternate reality, Obama left the White House and went out for a local bite to eat with vice president and BFF Joe Biden in May. The two politicians ordered hamburgers, MSNBC journalist Andrea Mitchell reported at the time, with the sitting president requesting mustard on his red meat.
Yep, the press was just as goofy back then ... just different players.