The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CNN deletes, retracts story linking Trump and Russia

On Thursday evening, CNN investigative reporter Thomas Frank published a potentially explosive report involving an investigation of a Russian investment fund with potential ties to several associates of President Donald Trump.

Frank, a Pulitzer Prize finalist in 2012 while at USA Today, had reported that the Senate Intelligence Committee was investigating a “$10-billion Russian investment fund whose chief executive met with a member of President Donald Trump’s transition team four days before Trump’s inauguration.”

But by Friday night, the story was removed from CNN’s website and all links were scrubbed from the network’s social media accounts.

“That story did not meet CNN’s editorial standards and has been retracted,” CNN said in an editors note posted in place of the story. “Links to the story have been disabled.”

In addition to retracting its story, CNN also apologized to Anthony Scaramucci, an adviser to Trump during the presidential campaign and a member of his transition team’s executive committee, who was mentioned in the story as having met Kirill Dmitriev, the head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) that the network said is overseen by Vnesheconombank, a state-run bank that is currently under U.S. sanctions. RDIF told Sputnik News, a state-run Russian news channel, that the fund is not a part of Vnesheconombank

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
e6fa1204a9a89f65f56fe1bf0063e551c55b055d027ee06ab4de29557d3a71c2.jpg

newfie

James Comey testifying in congress - “The challenge, and I’m not picking on reporters, about writing stories about classified information is the people talking about it often don’t really know what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it,” said Comey during questioning from Sen. James Risch (R-Idaho). “And we don’t call the press and say, ‘Hey, you got that thing wrong.’ ”

MAKAVELI

James Comey testifying in congress - “The challenge, and I’m not picking on reporters, about writing stories about classified information is the people talking about it often don’t really know what’s going on and those of us who actually know what’s going on are not talking about it,” said Comey during questioning from Sen. James Risch (R-Idaho). “And we don’t call the press and say, ‘Hey, you got that thing wrong.’ ”

Trump’s lawyers fail to follow through on threats to Comey

BrownArmy

Comey is his own worst enemy . His own words will put him in jail.

Comey's not going to jail.

Comey inserted himself in political situations, and thus made a mess...

I'm sure he thought he was doing the right thing, nevertheless.

You're talking about the (ex) head law enforcement agent of the entire country.

Don't think he's covered his :censored2:?

wkmac

imrs.php

source

Hillary Clinton's loss was not a "one off" as much as it was part of a larger trend. This makes IMO the Russian Election Hack Conspiracy Theory a much larger hurdle for it to overcome. Election meddling and shady backroom business deals are not all the same thing so it might be wise of democrats to separate the 2 and wake up and smell the coffee. Election meddling has no legs as opposed to the possibilities of shady business. Problem is, there are always shady business dealing on all sides of any election so now the problem is creating legal one off to gain political leverage without setting a long term precedence that could come back to bite ya.

If you present me with a candidate that is democrat in name only but whose record is republican, why should I support your candidate as oppose to supporting the Real McCoy? The trends above suggests that is what the voters might actually be doing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
imrs.php

source

Hillary Clinton's loss was not a "one off" as much as it was part of a larger trend. This makes IMO the Russian Election Hack Conspiracy Theory a much larger hurdle for it to overcome. Election meddling and shady backroom business deals are not all the same thing so it might be wise of democrats to separate the 2 and wake up and smell the coffee. Election meddling has no legs as opposed to the possibilities of shady business. Problem is, there are always shady business dealing on all sides of any election so now the problem is creating legal one off to gain political leverage without setting a long term precedence that could come back to bite ya.

If you present me with a candidate that is democrat in name only but whose record is republican, why should I support your candidate as oppose to supporting the Real McCoy? The trends above suggests that is what the voters might actually be doing.
Interesting.
You might be overestimating the intelligence of the electorate though. People weren't happy with democratic results so they go the other way. Maybe it's not about why so much as it is placing blame and switching to the other guy.

Or maybe it's just not a long enough timeline to make any conclusions at all. Maybe people are just fed up with the dichotomy all together.
6-4-12-V-14.png

Last edited:

wkmac

I think Michael Moore called in October when he said Trump will win because he was talking kitchen table issues to working class America. Trump even beat Hillary in typical Blue Collar/ Blue States because Clinton and the Democrats abandoned the issues and the turf. But then Hillary is mostly a Goldwater Girl to begin with.

Whether I agree with Sanders or not, I'd like to have seen a Sanders/Trump campaign especially in the working class areas. That would have been interesting to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think Michael Moore called in October when he said Trump will win because he was talking kitchen table issues to working class America. Trump even beat Hillary in typical Blue Collar/ Blue States because Clinton and the Democrats abandoned the issues and the turf. But then Hillary is mostly a Goldwater Girl to begin with.

Whether I agree with Sanders or not, I'd like to have seen a Sanders/Trump campaign especially in the working class areas. That would have been interesting to watch.
You can probably see the Mrs. Sanders trial on Court TV.

wkmac

You can probably see the Mrs. Sanders trial on Court TV.

If up to me, the entire gov't would be on trial.

Besides, I think this is the Democrat Party sending a message to Bernie to retire gracefully so the Corporatist Democrats can continue to lose elections.