The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!

vantexan

You asked how he won the nomination if the majority of republicans didn't vote for him. I gave you the answer.
And looking at it that way you are correct. But he still won the nomination in spite of the RNC and others. Bernie Sanders never had a chance.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And looking at it that way you are correct. But he still won the nomination in spite of the RNC and others. Bernie Sanders never had a chance.
Looking at it what way? This is you, no?
No, very well aware. Majority of Republicans voted for him anyways. But DNC and Hillary campaign colluded behind scenes for Hillary. They made sure Bernie never had a chance. Repubs were hoping for Bernie. It would've been the biggest slaughter since McGovern.

Majority of Republicans didn't vote for Trump? How'd he win the nomination then?

vantexan

Looking at it what way? This is you, no?
And I went back and revised it, no? After realizing you were saying when you add up all the votes of all the other candidates there were more who voted for others than for Trump. I was naive to think when I said Trump got the majority of votes you'd know I meant he got more than any other candidate. Oh well, he's the President, end of story.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And I went back and revised it, no? After realizing you were saying when you add up all the votes of all the other candidates there were more who voted for others than for Trump. I was naive to think when I said Trump got the majority of votes you'd know I meant he got more than any other candidate. Oh well, he's the President, end of story.
Majority of votes means majority of votes. You were not naive, you were just wrong.

It will be fine

The word you're looking for is plurality.

BrownArmy

Not so, but obviously must parse my words better. Dems are so in need of a win they'll grasp at anything.

Nice try.

Numbers are numbers, isn't that what you're telling all the snowflakes?

It's not about parsing your words, or which or whatever other excuse you want to use.

Admit it, you were wrong.

vantexan

Nice try.

Numbers are numbers, isn't that what you're telling all the snowflakes?

It's not about parsing your words, or which or whatever other excuse you want to use.

Admit it, you were wrong.
When you admit eating meat is perfectly fine and natural, I'll be happy to say I'm wrong. At least I can admit it, which I've done a number of times on the FedEx forum. No, that's not true, what I wrote before about vote totals was correct. I'm not going to lie to make a lib happy.

BrownArmy

When you admit eating meat is perfectly fine and natural, I'll be happy to say I'm wrong. At least I can admit it, which I've done a number of times on the FedEx forum. No, that's not true, what I wrote before about vote totals was correct. I'm not going to lie to make a lib happy.

A. I eat meat like it's going out of style, when did I say otherwise.

B. I do, however, realize the effect/ramification.

C. You've already admitted that you were wrong, I was just trolling.

D. I'm not a 'lib'. Are you a 'con', or a 'rep'? How about a 'ret'?

vantexan

A. I eat meat like it's going out of style, when did I say otherwise.

B. I do, however, realize the effect/ramification.

C. You've already admitted that you were wrong, I was just trolling.

D. I'm not a 'lib'. Are you a 'con', or a 'rep'? How about a 'ret'?
A. You certainly argued against it.
B. Like anything else, technology can mitigate the effects.
C. Play the games all you like, I know what I meant.
D. If not a lib, then definitely a devil's advocate. I'm a conservative Republican. For whatever good that does me.

BrownArmy

A. You certainly argued against it.
B. Like anything else, technology can mitigate the effects.
C. Play the games all you like, I know what I meant.
D. If not a lib, then definitely a devil's advocate. I'm a conservative Republican. For whatever good that does me.

So, I can count you as a 'YES' for vat-grown meat?

BrownArmy

If it tastes good and is healthy sure. If it's similar to tofu, forget it.

Why do people bring up tofu?

Tofu is pressed soy bean curd.

I'm talking about lab-grown meat.

Of course it wouldn't be similar to tofu, because IT WOULD BE MEAT.

Literal meat.

Am I not explaining this correctly?

vantexan

Why do people bring up tofu?

Tofu is pressed soy bean curd.

I'm talking about lab-grown meat.

Of course it wouldn't be similar to tofu, because IT WOULD BE MEAT.

Literal meat.

Am I not explaining this correctly?
I've not tasted anything artificial that tastes as good as the original. Like I said, if it tastes good, and it's healthy, great. You've got people screaming about GMO's, might be a hard sell.

newfie

Majority of republicans voted for other candidates, Trump got about 13 million votes, the rest of the field got around 16 million. The top 3 challengers Cruz, Kasich and Rubio combined for around 15 million. Trump won because he got more votes than any other candidate, but he didn't win a majority.

well there's your consolation prize