BrownTruckWannabe

We are doing 120k+ a day right now and we are behind by about 30k. It is absolutely ridiculous. We even had hundreds of next day air items that didn't go out. Thousands of held in building items. They had us scan everything as held in building and all the 1-day air as late claim or something like that. Don't know what that means but someone (not a sup) told me it was a sketchy way of making it seem like it's not our building's fault that it's late. Wouldn't be surprised if that was true, the integrity at my center is pretty low. We are running that building almost 24/7 right now fully staffed and it doesn't matter. I worked a 9 1/2 hour preload shift today 4 of which was taking all the left behind packages and loading them into several penske trucks just to get unloaded again tomorrow. Insane and peak just started.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
:censored2: has hit the fan in our district. Our district has 500,000 rolled packages over the past 4 days. Talked to a feeder driver as I was pulling in and he said he's heading out tonight to pick up more loads.

Mandatory Saturday ground for ALL drivers in our center until the second week in January. There were plenty of choice words like ":censored2: this company" going around during the PCM.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are doing 120k+ a day right now and we are behind by about 30k. It is absolutely ridiculous. We even had hundreds of next day air items that didn't go out. Thousands of held in building items. They had us scan everything as held in building and all the 1-day air as late claim or something like that. Don't know what that means but someone (not a sup) told me it was a sketchy way of making it seem like it's not our building's fault that it's late. Wouldn't be surprised if that was true, the integrity at my center is pretty low. We are running that building almost 24/7 right now fully staffed and it doesn't matter. I worked a 9 1/2 hour preload shift today 4 of which was taking all the left behind packages and loading them into several penske trucks just to get unloaded again tomorrow. Insane and peak just started.

Late plane.

LIGUSA

Our center has been covering up a lot of our missed packages. They put in as delivered late at night and then deliver the next day. They also put in An Adult Signature is Required to complete this delivery. Even on surepost packages, which do not require a signature. Then the package is driver released a day or two later without a signature.

Last edited:

BlackCat

In my center, any missed surepost is not being scanned as missed, it is simply being thrown into the surepost pile for the next day.

I assume that is their way of trying to lower the missed piece count.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lmfao

IMG_6452.JPG

LIGUSA

A lot of the packages that are getting put in as delivered or as Adult Signature Required are ones assigned to the golf cart routes. Actually the packages are being undelivered and left at the dropped off location or dropped off at the wrong golf cart staging point. Several concerns have came in from customers saying that they can't find their packages which they get notified that the package is delivered and where.Amazon is one of the shippers of these packages.

Brownslave688

UPS doesn’t damage packages, they are improperly packaged, just ask them when you file a claim.
Honestly that's the case more often then not.

Had one today. Amazon package. Imagine that. Huge box with about 4 smaller boxes in it a crumbled up piece of paper and one piece of tape.

Stuff scattered all over the place.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Honestly that's the case more often then not.

Had one today. Amazon package. Imagine that. Huge box with about 4 smaller boxes in it a crumbled up piece of paper and one piece of tape.

Stuff scattered all over the place.
I agree with the big shippers tossing a set of dumbbells in a cardboard box and two go missing. It’s more about the stuff from UPS stores where people pay the UPS employees to pack it and UPS auto denies even them.

Amerigirl

Drive safe and look twice...always! Slow down.
I agree with the big shippers tossing a set of dumbbells in a cardboard box and two go missing. It’s more about the stuff from UPS stores where people pay the UPS employees to pack it and UPS auto denies even them.
I had a lady ask me to stay while she opened her package. It was the 2nd one she had received. It was packaged by a UPS store. Glass picture framed signed print of a football team. It was shattered, just like the first one. The packaging was a joke.

Brownslave688

I had a lady ask me to stay while she opened her package. It was the 2nd one she had received. It was packaged by a UPS store. Glass picture framed signed print of a football team. It was shattered, just like the first one. The packaging was a joke.
No reason to stick around. Once it's open it's accepted.

35years

Gravy route
We just switched to 70/8 through January 15th here. 30 rolled trailers sitting in the lot.
9.5 protection starts again January 1.
So good luck working me those hours in January!
I still have 9.5 protection (on less than 5 months going in to Nov) and will file the first week of January if needed.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
In usually lay the flat ones that say fragile on them down on the floor of the truck...that way I don’t get my boots sticky from the years of people missing their pee bottle.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS doesn’t damage packages, they are improperly packaged, just ask them when you file a claim.
The damage and claims process makes much more sense when you learn the DMP and how UPS has them process the damages (which more often than not, is just a label/tracking number with no invoice or other identifiable information)