ManInBrown

Tomorrow should be fun. I can’t wait to get 13 of my allotted 60 out of the way right off the bat. I’m anticipating a 16 hour dispatch, and I’ll probably bring back my entire 7 and 8 section of work. It’s been a joy returning to the building every night and watching my center manager running around like a chicken with his head cut off, on the verge of crying. Makes it all worth it.

Future

Victory Ride
Tomorrow should be fun. I can’t wait to get 13 of my allotted 60 out of the way right off the bat. I’m anticipating a 16 hour dispatch, and I’ll probably bring back my entire 7 and 8 section of work. It’s been a joy returning to the building every night and watching my center manager running around like a chicken with his head cut off, on the verge of crying. Makes it all worth it.
You mean 70

ManInBrown

Not everyone is on a70. I'm sure that will change this week.
Not changing here. They can change it to 70 if they want in the 177, but they still can’t force a 6th day punch. Technically you could work 65 M-friend, but from what we were told Friday morning in the PCM, they tried for 70 and it was shot down. I don’t think 70 was approved in my building. They sent a message out at 7pm on Friday asking us to work Saturday and if we were at 60 we could be helpers. So at 7pm, 70 was still not approved in the 177.

Not changing here. They can change it to 70 if they want in the 177, but they still can’t force a 6th day punch. Technically you could work 65 M-friend, but from what we were told Friday morning in the PCM, they tried for 70 and it was shut down. I don’t think 70 was approved in my building. They sent a message out at 7pm on Friday asking us to work Saturday and if we were at 60 we could be helpers. So at 7pm, 70 was still not approved in the 177.
5 14 hour days?

Star B

White Lightening
Can’t work 14 hours a day. With lunch it’s 15. That’s only a 9 hour reset. You must have a 10 hour reset.
If UPS gets a fleet of <10k vehicles with non-DOT drivers that do not cross any state borders, you can run those drivers ragged as they are not under DOT rules.

moldsporh

The 70 hour in package is the ups' "oh crap" moment when they didn't heed the advice of their peers that black friday and cyber Monday would hit them as hard as it did.

That problem is settling down, the next big problem for ups is that Christmas is on Monday, and they will run out of hours for alot of Sunday volunteers on the 24th.

Never can understand why ups pays an entire building time and half for Saturday, instead of hiring 10 to 15% more helpers and rentals for the entire month.

Best to be staffed correctly, or as ups sees it...."over staffed" when the largest delivery holiday looms in the balance.

Star B

White Lightening
Exactly what I'm concerned about. I'm 4 years in and want this company to succeed, even if they're stupid. My future is on the line. I'll work 6 days a week. This is about self-preservation.
There's self-preservation and then there's being a slave. UPS doesn't care about you as soon as you get injured and can't work... they don't care about you in retirement (see the pension issues)... The holidays do not just sneak up on people. E-commerce has been growing every year. UPS chose to sit on their profit and not expand nearly what they need to do, while crying crocodile tears to their employees saying "OMG ITS THE END OF UPS IF U FAIL!!!!!!"... I'm sure they cried the same tears in 1997 right prior to the strike.

moldsporh

There's self-preservation and then there's being a slave. UPS doesn't care about you as soon as you get injured and can't work... they don't care about you in retirement (see the pension issues)

This is a big reason for lack of morale. Bait and switch, if pension issues keep trending, who will want to work here?

E-commerce has been growing every year. UPS chose to sit on their profit and not expand nearly what they need to do
UPS knew after last peak that e-commerce would be 10% higher than their own paltry projections, based on people smarter than UPS business executives.