ManInBrown

Let me give all drivers some advice. Show up every day during peak. Don’t dog your brothers and sisters by calling out. Put in your 60, or 70 depending on where you are. Work safe. Do as much as you can. Bring the rest back. It’s 15 more days.

Let management cry, and worry and run around like chickens with their head cut off. It’s not our problem. We are dumb truck drivers who aren’t paid to think(see Orion) they’re the problem solvers. Let them worry about how it’s all going to get done.

The Driver

I drive.
Let me give all drivers some advice. Show up every day during peak. Don’t dog your brothers and sisters by calling out. Put in your 60, or 70 depending on where you are. Work safe. Do as much as you can. Bring the rest back. It’s 15 more days.

Let management cry, and worry and run around like chickens with their head cut off. It’s not our problem. We are dumb truck drivers who aren’t paid to think(see Orion) they’re the problem solvers. Let them worry about how it’s all going to get done.

18 days if you count the Saturdays I’m working.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone remember the peak either 2 years or 3 years ago? It was the one right after we spit the bit. We were so over staffed it wasn’t even funny. I didn’t work past 7:30 one night.

Seems like ages ago.

We doubled peak staffing from 50k to 100k I believe.

That tells you how quickly volume is increasing. We were supposed to hire 95k this year.

WorknLateHuh

super salute.gif

CoolStoryBro

this has to be the worst one yet, no plan at all A lot of missed No one cares Can't even find helpers this year

If you are lucky enough to even get a terrible helper then keep him/her. Don't think of the helper as someone who is there to help you go faster. They are there to help you reduce fatigue, wear and tear on your body. If your attitude is that you can do it faster alone then you will be smoked by christmas.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If you are lucky enough to even get a terrible helper then keep him/her. Don't think of the helper as someone who is there to help you go faster. They are there to help you reduce fatigue, wear and tear on your body. If your attitude is that you can do it faster alone then you will be smoked by christmas.
Have I introduced you to my on route helper?
CC486FAA-84D4-4E51-8CF6-90812C0D42BC.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That’s exactly what I use a helper for....to reduce fatigue, wear and tear on my body. Plus, it breaks the monotony of being solo if the helper is interesting