THE TRUMP 2024 THREAD

vantexan

The southern border is overrun because America’s economy is on FIRE. Russia is waiting us out so they can strike when we turn our backs. Crime is a state issue. Biden has not been shown to be corrupt and I double dog dare your party to impeach him over nothing.

Abortion is about human freedom to make private healthcare choice. Freedom is important to Americans, pal.
Delusion.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Inflation or the memory of high inflation won’t be the sole deciding factor for many, especially if we’re fortunate that the inflation rate continues to fall.
Why is the southern border overrun? Trump ran on building the wall and having Mexico pay for it. His first two years the Republicans controlled the house, senate and presidency. Anything he wanted done could have been done easily. Thank God he was able to find the time give the ultra rich big tax breaks!

Think Joe will do better in 2024 than he did in 2020?

“The tight races in the trio of states had a big electoral impact. As NPR's Domenico Montanaro has put it, "just 44,000 votes in Georgia, Arizona and Wisconsin separated Biden and Trump from a tie in the Electoral College."
notice the Right dismissal of the popular vote

Brown Down

care to define the actual difference between the two?

Our American Government​

The foundation of our American Government, its purpose, form and structure are found in the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution, written in 1787, is the "supreme law of the land" because no law may be passed that contradicts its principles. No person or government is exempt from following it.
The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot. It is a republic because the Government derives its power from the people.
The purpose of our Federal Government, as found in the Preamble of the Constitution, is to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity." In order to achieve this purpose the Founding Fathers established three main principles on which our Government is based:
  • Inherent rights: Rights that anyone living in America has;
  • Self Government: Government by the people; and
  • Separation of Powers: Branches of government with different powers.
and i should have said only a democracy. so i mispoke slightly. not enough coffee. If we were a democracy we wouldn't have nor need states.

Our American Government​

The foundation of our American Government, its purpose, form and structure are found in the Constitution of the United States. The Constitution, written in 1787, is the "supreme law of the land" because no law may be passed that contradicts its principles. No person or government is exempt from following it.
The Constitution establishes a federal democratic republic form of government. That is, we have an indivisible union of 50 sovereign States. It is a democracy because people govern themselves. It is representative because people choose elected officials by free and secret ballot. It is a republic because the Government derives its power from the people.
The purpose of our Federal Government, as found in the Preamble of the Constitution, is to "establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our posterity." In order to achieve this purpose the Founding Fathers established three main principles on which our Government is based:
and i should have said only a democracy. so i mispoke slightly. not enough coffee. If we were a democracy we wouldn't have nor need states.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Our American Government​

You’re wasting your time on them.

If you want to argue against majoritarianism, do so. There is no need to rely on a half-baked usage of the writings of "the Founding Fathers" who clearly supported a political system in which majority votes play the biggest part in selecting elected officials, which is obviously a democracy according to the modern usage of the term.

Brown Down

If you want to argue against majoritarianism, do so. There is no need to rely on a half-baked usage of the writings of "the Founding Fathers" who clearly supported a political system in which majority votes play the biggest part in selecting elected officials, which is obviously a democracy according to the modern usage of the term.
So you think just saying something is different makes it so? Even my 7 year old is laughing at you right now. and Union Strong seems to be right. Your head is buried way too far to even see sense. Btw what i pulled was from a Government website. I think in this case they might know what kind they are compared to a keyboard warrior like you.

So you think just saying something is different makes it so? Even my 7 year old is laughing at you right now. and Union Strong seems to be right. Your head is buried way too far to even see sense. Btw what i pulled was from a Government website. I think in this case they might know what kind they are compared to a keyboard warrior like you.
James Madison, architect and chief lobbyist for the constitution, made it clear then that its roots lie in fact not to protect “small states” but was one of several compromises between slaveholder states and free states. Madison said “states were divided into different interests not by their difference of size, but by other circumstances; the most material of which resulted partly from climate, but principally from [the effects of] their having or not having slaves.”

Didn't you just say we shouldn't use the "half baked" wordings of the founding fathers? You really can't be this dumb can you? Oh wait. You are one of those if it doesn't fit my narrative it's half baked. It if does it's brilliant. Now I know union strong is right. Damn the ignore list is growing quick on here with unreasonable idiots.
The Electoral College is obsolete. Instead of a national election we have a presidential contest focused on the outcomes and voter preferences of a subset of swing states.

Brown Down

The Electoral College is obsolete. Instead of a national election we have a presidential contest focused on the outcomes and voter preferences of a subset of swing states.
You know your rightr. Each state gets one vote and dc is the tie breaker. Oh wait. that won't fit your agenda either. Or do you think we should just absolve all states as well. Oh wait that won't work for you either. Sorry bub guess your stuck with what we have or you could try to change it. which has been tried and failed. Or if its really that bad nothing stopping you from packing up and leaving. I mean i wouldn't want to live somewhere i hate.

You know your rightr. Each state gets one vote and dc is the tie breaker. Oh wait. that won't fit your agenda either. Or do you think we should just absolve all states as well. Oh wait that won't work for you either. Sorry bub guess your stuck with what we have or you could try to change it. which has been tried and failed. Or if its really that bad nothing stopping you from packing up and leaving. I mean i wouldn't want to live somewhere i hate.
The fact that you could have the entire outcome of the election ride on 45,000 votes in three random states, even though one candidate got 8 million more votes doesn't bother you?

Brown Down

The fact that you could have the entire outcome of the election ride on 45,000 votes in three random states, even though one candidate got 8 million more votes doesn't bother you?
No it doesn't because we aren't a FULL DEMOCRACY. Like i said if you don't like it try to get it changed or leave. but crying and telling others its not how it is when thats how its been since 1776 doesn't do anything but make you look dumb. Do you think California or NY should have full say over say New Mexico or West Virginia? if you do we are fully done here because you clearly have lost your mind and are one of the reasons we might have another Civil War.

No it doesn't because we aren't a FULL DEMOCRACY. Like i said if you don't like it try to get it changed or leave. but crying and telling others its not how it is when thats how its been since 1776 doesn't do anything but make you look dumb. Do you think California or NY should have full say over say New Mexico or West Virginia? if you do we are fully done here because you clearly have lost your mind and are one of the reasons we might have another Civil War.
In the runup to the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol, 12 House Republicans issued an extraordinary statement that warned about the demise of the Electoral College.

"Republican presidential candidates have won the national popular vote only once in the last 32 years," it stated. The signers then implored their colleagues not to vote to reject the electors from battleground states, as Trump was asking them to do. "We will be delegitimizing the very system that led Donald Trump to victory in 2016, and that could provide the only path to victory in 2024."