The Trump Election and FedEx

Bounty

Of course. A politician lied? Shocker!

Donald Trump built his whole campaign on big ol' whoppers and horribly divisive rhetoric.

But it is what it is and we'll "give something else a shot". It won't be good for the middle class but hey, we showed those elitist bastards, didn't we?!

Now we'll get the government we truly deserve. Bend over.
I guess me and you will never agree on anything.

vantexan

You don't remember trickle down economics? You don't remember 2007?
I remember the economy greatly improving under Bush but then it all fell like a house of cards because millions of bad loans brought a reckoning. And both parties participated in that. But it was mostly on Wall Street and the big banks who should've known better but their arrogance and greed screwed all of us. And the result is in this economy our corporations are doing well for the top people while most everyone else has limited opportunity to improve their situation. That's why Trump won, he was saying what millions of struggling people wanted to hear. We'll see if he delivers. But some of y'all are so blinded by hate you can't honestly analyze the situation. You won't give him a chance. We need a chance because what we have right now is too much of the population are either unemployed or wage slaves. Which is why people like Sanders get traction even though promises made couldn't possibly be paid for.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I remember the economy greatly improving under Bush but then it all fell like a house of cards because millions of bad loans brought a reckoning. And both parties participated in that. But it was mostly on Wall Street and the big banks who should've known better but their arrogance and greed screwed all of us. And the result is in this economy our corporations are doing well for the top people while most everyone else has limited opportunity to improve their situation. That's why Trump won, he was saying what millions of struggling people wanted to hear. We'll see if he delivers. But some of y'all are so blinded by hate you can't honestly analyze the situation. You won't give him a chance. We need a chance because what we have right now is too much of the population are either unemployed or wage slaves. Which is why people like Sanders get traction even though promises made couldn't possibly be paid for.
Oh we get that he won because he was telling people what they want to hear. But that's exactly the problem. What they want to hear and what is the truth and reality are two different things. And when those people realize that it's going to hit them in the face like a brick.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh we get that he won because he was telling people what they want to hear. But that's exactly the problem. What they want to hear and what is the truth and reality are two different things. And when those people realize that it's going to hit them in the face like a brick.

This. Bravo Zulu.

bacha29

If Dodd Frank gets repealed as Trump says he's going to do then we'll be right back to 2008 all over again. Likewise when his outrageous promises go unfulfilled his supporters will turn on him quickly. If he is subpoenaed to testify at his fraud trial and he ignores it or he invokes executive privilege we will have the biggest constitutional crisis since Watergate and the highest civil unrest since the 1960's. And VanT you are a pseudo Republican. Any piece of Democrat sponsored and passed social program legislation that benefits you personally that's fine in your minds eye. But if similar legislation benefits someone else and not yourself then it's those evil communist pinko liberal Democrats who should be tried for treason.

vantexan

If Dodd Frank gets repealed as Trump says he's going to do then we'll be right back to 2008 all over again. Likewise when his outrageous promises go unfulfilled his supporters will turn on him quickly. If he is subpoenaed to testify at his fraud trial and he ignores it or he invokes executive privilege we will have the biggest constitutional crisis since Watergate and the highest civil unrest since the 1960's. And VanT you are a pseudo Republican. Any piece of Democrat sponsored and passed social program legislation that benefits you personally that's fine in your minds eye. But if similar legislation benefits someone else and not yourself then it's those evil communist pinko liberal Democrats who should be tried for treason.
Let me ask you a question: when the Democrats are governing are they only governing for those who voted for them or for everyone? Is the legislation they pass the law of the land or only for Democrats? Well? Social Security has been the law of the land since before I was born. It's for everyone who works to participate in and insurance for the disabled, orphans, and others. Your stance on who should receive it and who shouldn't is absurd.

P.S. His "fraud" trial is a civil suit, not a criminal matter.

vantexan

Let's revisit this after his first 100 days to see if he's doing what he claims he'll do in the first 100. It's on his website what he intends to do.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Let's revisit this after his first 100 days to see if he's doing what he claims he'll do in the first 100. It's on his website what he intends to do.
He's already back tracking on his campaign promises and he hasn't even been sworn in. What does that tell you?

vantexan

The wall becomes a fence. Obama Care gets tweaked and he now has to think about if he's going to prosecute Hillary. That's not back tracking?
The wall becomes a fence where it's not practical to build a wall. If you are familiar with the terrain you'd know. He's willing to keep a couple of aspects of Obamacare. And most likely he's keeping mum about Hillary because he doesn't want Obama to pardon her. By the way, it's not up to him to dictate to Congress what to write into bills. He can only suggest and then sign the completed bill, or veto it. Furthermore Republicans don't have a super majority in the Senate which means Democrats can filibuster. The only way around that is to go to a simple majority, the "nuclear option", which the Senate majority leader has the right to do. That could bite them later.

bacha29

Let me ask you a question: when the Democrats are governing are they only governing for those who voted for them or for everyone? Is the legislation they pass the law of the land or only for Democrats? Well? Social Security has been the law of the land since before I was born. It's for everyone who works to participate in and insurance for the disabled, orphans, and others. Your stance on who should receive it and who shouldn't is absurd.

See what I mean. Social Security now that's good because it benefits you but Obamacare that the worst thing ever was because it doesn't benefit you.

vantexan

See what I mean. Social Security now that's good because it benefits you but Obamacare that the worst thing ever was because it doesn't benefit you.
I have insurance through work. And if out of the country 335 days a year I don't have to get insurance here. So it doesn't affect me. But it's hurting others. You didn't answer my question.

bacha29

The answer is found in your own deeds and words. You are constantly condemning the political movement and ideology behind a benefit plan that will play a major role in determining the quality of your life in the future but you still have your hand out to collect the benefits. What I'm saying is that your're biting the hand that will feed you in the future. You simply cannot accept the fact that you can't have it both ways . You are always condemning X a major standard bearer when it comes to "big business" for the rotten deal you got and we Democrats have pushed through major legislation that will hopefully counteract the negative impact corporate greed has on the nation as a whole and to try to do something the help those who made people like Fred S rich.

vantexan

How is it "liberal media" when he said this in an interview with 60 Minutes.
Well 60 Minutes is liberal but I digress. I saw the interview and in no way was he backtracking. That's liberal spin. This morning on Google News they posted an article from US Weekly saying Melania admitted in that interview she berates him all the time and he doesn't listen to her. Really? Not the interview I saw.

vantexan

The answer is found in your own deeds and words. You are constantly condemning the political movement and ideology behind a benefit plan that will play a major role in determining the quality of your life in the future but you still have your hand out to collect the benefits. What I'm saying is that your're biting the hand that will feed you in the future. You simply cannot accept the fact that you can't have it both ways . You are always condemning X a major standard bearer when it comes to "big business" for the rotten deal you got and we Democrats have pushed through major legislation that will hopefully counteract the negative impact corporate greed has on the nation as a whole and to try to do something the help those who made people like Fred S rich.
And again you won't answer my question. And just because I have always thought Social Security is a very good idea doesn't mean I have to agree that all Democrat ideas are great. Obamacare is hurting people and will ultimately ruin our healthcare system if left in place. If your point of view is valid, that if Republicans don't agree with a Democrat social plan they shouldn't participate, then I guess that lets Republican businessmen off the hook to match employee contributions, right? Or in your estimation everyone gets to participate but me? I stand up for what I believe is right, just like you do. If something is good I say so. I hope you give Trump the same consideration if he does good things.

bacha29

And again you won't answer my question. And just because I have always thought Social Security is a very good idea doesn't mean I have to agree that all Democrat ideas are great. Obamacare is hurting people and will ultimately ruin our healthcare system if left in place. If your point of view is valid, that if Republicans don't agree with a Democrat social plan they shouldn't participate, then I guess that lets Republican businessmen off the hook to match employee contributions, right? Or in your estimation everyone gets to participate but me? I stand up for what I believe is right, just like you do. If something is good I say so. I hope you give Trump the same consideration if he does good things.
As I said before you hate every democrat initiative that doesn't better you and if Trump lines up with the fiscal hardliners in Congress the outcome is something that can very well hurt you economically and if it does you'll be out there hollering the loudest. As for Obamacare every hospital in area is preparing for it's repeal and they're all saying that we'll be going back to the way it was before where the only paying patients were the ones who had insurance and that wasn't many leaving them no choice but to raise fees and charges high enough to offset the losses.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well 60 Minutes is liberal but I digress. I saw the interview and in no way was he backtracking. That's liberal spin. This morning on Google News they posted an article from US Weekly saying Melania admitted in that interview she berates him all the time and he doesn't listen to her. Really? Not the interview I saw.

It was in the version that I watched.