Trouble ahead? Dwindling UPS job listings

PTSandwichMaker

Not sure but they have just put up $250 referral flyers in our building. Of course the volume is going to be down when gas $5 and groceries are astronomical. People don’t have as much discretionary money to buy frivolous stuff. So, yes I’m sure they need less employees at the moment. Amazon built a huge warehouse near I’m my town that they never occupied and is now for sale. It’s a sign of the times.
our volume is at our peak level and can’t hire anyone, McDonald’s pays more without an MRA bonus. They are doing all the gimmicky tax write off things to “get people in the door” but pretty much nothing that will actually get us any new hires.

YourMissingCallTag

They already started handing flyers at our building with the $250 bounty ( err referrals reward). We can’t keep any of the new hires, 7 rookie drivers quit last week.

herbigharo32

Down 300 last week.
Down another 300 or so for the start of this week.

I hear talk of PVDs, but only one listing right now (probably an error.)
Job openings will go down over the next month as we enter the slower time of year. Also, many of us use our vacation days and option days during the summer. As those time off benefits dries up while the weather gets cooler, more employees show up to work while being more productive. Typically hiring stops around first of August then resumes in mid-October to bring in seasonal temps.

PT Car Washer

Job openings will go down over the next month as we enter the slower time of year. Also, many of us use our vacation days and option days during the summer. As those time off benefits dries up while the weather gets cooler, more employees show up to work while being more productive. Typically hiring stops around first of August then resumes in mid-October to bring in seasonal temps.
That was the old UPS. The new UPS. hiring is 12 months out of the year along with double shifting and sups working.

MJ_C

Must not be everywhere. Had a big hiring event at our building Thursday. Handing out referral cards so if anyone we suggest stays 30 days, the employee who referred them and new hire get $250 each. Stay for another 30 days, $250 each again.
Same where I'm at, we're hiring like crazy.

upser2020

They moved start times up last week and this week where I'm at and it seems pretty much open season to people who want doubles.

mcsketcher

They could stop the ridiculous expectations and retain people. We apparently also can’t keep loaders. I don’t even get to my 1st stop before 10 now. And sup is whining about how much is left at 3. I’m not even qualified and I’m bailing out seasoned drivers with decades of experience.

He goes on car and sees how bad it is then starts up with the BS again. There’s so much wrong. Took me a year or so to be IDGAF at FedEx. A month in and I’m already there at UPS. Gonna start putting in apps. This is dumb.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They could stop the ridiculous expectations and retain people. We apparently also can’t keep loaders. I don’t even get to my 1st stop before 10 now. And sup is whining about how much is left at 3. I’m not even qualified and I’m bailing out seasoned drivers with decades of experience.

He goes on car and sees how bad it is then starts up with the BS again. There’s so much wrong. Took me a year or so to be IDGAF at FedEx. A month in and I’m already there at UPS. Gonna start putting in apps. This is dumb.
Nice knowin ya