trump 2016

P

pickup

Plenty of undocumented in red states as well. So your theory that California has has an unfair advantage of representation in the electoral college is disambiguous at best.

Actually, 25 percent of our illegal immigrants resides in California. To be fair, a red state Texas is second with 14 percent., quite a bit less than 25 percent. The rest of the states are each under 10 percent.

So there!

TRUE STORY!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ID is required everywhere when registering to vote, or at the time of your first vote after registering. So the idea that millions of undocumented immigrants are voting is just plain ignorant.
I would think so in Georgia.
You can get a Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes picture ID in GA for no cost is good for 8 years.
I think most of the older people in Georgia who do not vote or just lazy or wait until election day when the lines are too long for them.
In Georgia, you can vote up to 3 weeks before election day.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would think so in Georgia.
You can get a Georgia ID Card for Voting Purposes picture ID in GA for no cost is good for 8 years.
I think most of the older people in Georgia who do not vote or just lazy or wait until election day when the lines are too long for them.
In Georgia, you can vote up to 3 weeks before election day.
No cost? They come to your house and take your picture?

I registered to vote when I got my drivers license. I just checked a box. It was that simple. Ballots come in the mail. I am currently registered in 3 states.

rickyb

disclaimer: hedges was talking about a fascist police state under obama as well which didn't come although civil liberties have continued to erode. noam chomsky doesnt think this will happen as far as i know.

"The desiccation of our liberal institutions ensured the demise of our capitalist democracy. History has amply demonstrated what was to come next. The rot and political paralysis vomited up a con artist as president along with an array of half-wits, criminals and racist ideologues. They will manufacture scapegoats as their gross ineptitude and unachievable promises are exposed. They will fan the flames of white supremacy and racial and religious bigotry. They will use all the tools of legal and physical control handed to them by our system of “inverted totalitarianism” to crush even the most tepid forms of dissent.

The last constraints will be removed by a crisis. The crisis will be used to create a climate of fear. The pretense of democracy will end.

“A fascism of the future—an emergency response to some still unimagined crisis—need not resemble classical fascism perfectly in its outward signs and symbols,Robert Paxton writes in “The Anatomy of Fascism.” “Some future movement that would ‘give up free institutions’ in order to perform the same functions of mass mobilization for the reunification, purification, and regeneration of some troubled group would undoubtedly call itself something else and draw on fresh symbols. That would not make it any less dangerous.”

Our ruling mafia will use the crisis much as the Nazis did in 1933 when the Reichstag was burned. It will publish its own version of the “Order of the Reich President for the Protection of People and State.” The U.S. Constitution will be in effect suspended. Personal freedom, including freedom of expression, freedom of the press, freedom to organize and freedom of assembly, will be abolished. Privacy will be formally eradicated. Search warrants will be unnecessary. America’s emergency decrees will cement into place what largely exists now. When they come, the loss of freedoms will be openly acknowledged and made permanent.

Anyone who is not white or “loyal” will be attacked, first verbally and then physically. Everyone will be constantly watched. The prisons will swell. Militarized police will no longer be confined to operating in marginal communities. Lethal, indiscriminant force by the state will be common. The courts will condemn with little or no evidence. The press will utterly unplug itself from reality and speak to us as if we lived in a functioning democracy. Academics will burrow deeper into their holes of obtuse jargon and quantitative irrelevance. The last remnants of our labor unions will be crushed. Religious institutions, as silent about the evils of corporate capitalism as Goldman Sachs, will take the safe route of spirituality and piety rather than social justice. The lawyers, courts and law schools will serve the law even when the law overturns our constitutional rights by judicial fiat and is a tool of naked repression. Hollywood and the rest of mass entertainment will churn out the usual tawdry fare of sexually explicit and violence-drenched spectacles. The military “virtues” of hypermasculinity and patriarchy will be celebrated."