UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
F05501EE-963A-4EE7-8844-3FBE064AA361.jpeg

UPS strike 2023
✊🧔‍♂️

Zowert

I heard $45 an hour for top rate RPCD’s was in the last offer, that’s over $93k a year without OT. I’ll take that if there is a significant increase in pension contributions. I want to retire as young as possible and not outlive my pension’s buying power to the point where I’m forced into a nursing home.

Whatever happens during the next month I hope working class Americans are paying attention. They shouldn’t be thinking, “UPS guys are paid more than me, I don’t sympathize with them!” It should be, “Look at what organized labor can get you, that is fantastic!”

upschuck

I heard $45 an hour for top rate RPCD’s was in the last offer, that’s over $93k a year without OT. I’ll take that if there is a significant increase in pension contributions. I want to retire as young as possible and not outlive my pension’s buying power to the point where I’m forced into a nursing home.

Whatever happens during the next month I hope working class Americans are paying attention. They shouldn’t be thinking, “UPS guys are paid more than me, I don’t sympathize with them!” It should be, “Look at what organized labor can get you, that is fantastic!”
If that was from these posts here, which say that, then those are not legit proposals. Too many inconsistencies with what has been announced, previously.

Pay your bills off now and put some money into your 401k and Roth IRA

Zowert

If that was from these posts here, which say that, then those are not legit proposals. Too many inconsistencies with what has been announced, previously.
I honestly don’t know exactly where the information came from, this was from my shop steward. He is an old timer, never heard of him making stuff up. Also the proposal wasn’t $45 exactly, he said $44.89/hr when or if the contract was ratified. I never understood why they do arbitrary numbers in change, just make the wage a flat amount.

Not talking about different raises, I’m talking about different jump off points because all locals have different pay rates. i quoted someone that said $50 an hour after the contract would be up if figures were accurate. Not $50 an hour where I am.
The national won't determine top rate, they'll offer a money package for the locals to disperse as they see fit. Divert some to pension, legal funds, H&W, a local strike fund, etc...and the rest for raises.