UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

The last few orientations I've seen walking through the building compared to 30 years ago, nailed it Gumby!! UPS used to recruit through colleges, that's how I got the job. My friends that started college right after HS, got hired on through their schools. I followed suit.
Fast forward to now: maybe 10% of potential new hires are in school, the rest remind me of Xmas driver helpers. Maybe they'll work a few days until they realize it's work.
And the few good ones they recruit somehow end up being a part-time supervisor

MORS HOSTIBUS

OK...we should agree that PT will get some raise. Will it be equal to FT. I don't know. Can a National Guard soldier get the same benefits as Active Duty in the Army? Nope. PT is considered a different system.

PT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as FT.
Answer: Become FT

FT: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Manager.
Answer: Get a college degree and apply for Manager job.

Manager: It's not fair. I don't get the same pay as Elon Musk.
Elon Musk: Start a successful business, you dummies!
Is that how you negotiate a white collar pay raise? I'm sure the corporate board will recognize you and reward you fairly.

As far as pt wages, I would definitely reward those who stay and show up. Give an incentive for staying. Say 15, 17, 20, 22, 25. After that either go ft or stay pt with good benefits.

anonymous23456

He’s an office drone
How dare you call me an "office drone"?

abney_david_lg.jpg

wayfair

swollen member

PreTrippin’

I now walk into the wild
This guy posted on FB yesterday with this fairytale

Lol. I bet ‘Jason’ is a pt sup they made hold a bag of smalls for a picture. Or doesn’t exist. 15-20 hours a week GTFO

anonymous23456

Whoa....

FrankLuscher115937-1440x752-FEATURE.jpg

In his 50s, Frank Luscher chose to leave decades of experience in manufacturing and test engineering behind to become a delivery driver at UPS. And he’s glad he did.

Following a move to Austin, Texas, Frank joined UPS part-time during the holiday peak season to earn some extra money. After discovering our industry-leading pay and benefits, he quickly decided to make driving his full-time career.

“UPS is paying drivers the equivalent to what some senior engineers in my old field were making,” Frank said. “How many jobs can you start with no experience and earn the same salary as other fields that require years of experience plus a degree?”

Did you know? Average annual pay for a full-time UPS small package driver is $95,000 a year, with an additional $50,000 in health, welfare and pension contributions. Total compensation is about $145,000 a year, on average.

Undertow

We are all represented by the Teamsters Union.
That doesn't guarantee that the PT workers are entitled to the same hourly wage FT hourlies earn when they routinely fail at each and every opportunity to vote on the company's final offers of compensation for 20 years running.

Attempts to blame FT workers, a minority of members who have a voice, won't achieve anything but obstacles to unity when way too many PT employees, who make up the majority of votes to influence the outcome of whether a tentative agreement gets ratified, refuse to stand up and take even the most minimal step required in an effort to help themselves.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Whoa....

FrankLuscher115937-1440x752-FEATURE.jpg

In his 50s, Frank Luscher chose to leave decades of experience in manufacturing and test engineering behind to become a delivery driver at UPS. And he’s glad he did.

Following a move to Austin, Texas, Frank joined UPS part-time during the holiday peak season to earn some extra money. After discovering our industry-leading pay and benefits, he quickly decided to make driving his full-time career.

“UPS is paying drivers the equivalent to what some senior engineers in my old field were making,” Frank said. “How many jobs can you start with no experience and earn the same salary as other fields that require years of experience plus a degree?”

Did you know? Average annual pay for a full-time UPS small package driver is $95,000 a year, with an additional $50,000 in health, welfare and pension contributions. Total compensation is about $145,000 a year, on average.
Sadly, Frank passed away due to heatstroke.

K20A

Lol. I bet ‘Jason’ is a pt sup they made hold a bag of smalls for a picture. Or doesn’t exist. 15-20 hours a week GTFO
Oh yeah. They probably found some random brown shirt and at the last minute “turn your hat backwards so you look like real part time scum”

Also the place is empty. My guess is they did it way before start time.