UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Ptrunner

I don’t get the math on this. I’m at 23 years part-time and am slightly over $30/hr. How is a part-timer with the company 1 year less only making under $22 an hour? They should still be making over $29, unless there’s a huge disparity per rider. I’m in central states.

But yes, the $20 base +0.75 makes a lot of sense without giving part-timers too much. It rewards seniority, which it should.
I’m 28.59
I don’t get the math on this. I’m at 23 years part-time and am slightly over $30/hr. How is a part-timer with the company 1 year less only making under $22 an hour? They should still be making over $29, unless there’s a huge disparity per rider. I’m in central states.

But yes, the $20 base +0.75 makes a lot of sense without giving part-timers too much. It rewards seniority, which it should.
im 28.59 for me. But also remember the new hire is getting 22 and a 200 dollar attendance bonus so the MRA rate and the attendance bonus

That's where I believe we in mgmt have done a poor job of communication. Good labor relations starts with the interactions you have every day.
I don't need a participation trophy.
If something needs fixed just come out to my face and say this needs to be tightened up.
On the other hand this every once in awhile if I go out of my way to save your ass just a little simple thank you would be nice that's all

You really hear anything hear anything positive.

I guess it really doesn't matter I'm close to him that much later if his company wants to succeed they need to find a different angle besides management by fear.

If something needs fixed just come out to my face and say this needs to be tightened up.
On the other hand this every once in awhile if I go out of my way to save your ass just a little simple thank you would be nice that's all

I guess it really doesn't matter I'm close to him that much later if his company wants to succeed they need to find a different angle besides management by fear.
The problem is how much money they're making while they're managing this way. They feel that it's working, and working well.

It's a broad brush to paint with, and I know not all function this way, but I've overheard the conference calls, and their managers "lead" the same way. It's a joke.

HarryWarden

Company needs to find the right balance of taking care of their employees and not getting themselves into too much debt.

This my personal opinion the company is focused on the short-term Outlook unlike the original founders of this company that looked decades down the road.
Yup quarterly profits, that’s it. Sometimes you have to take some short term losses for long term gains, but shareholders don’t care about that. They just want the quarterly profits

dudebro

The problem is how much money they're making while they're managing this way. They feel that it's working, and working well.

It's a broad brush to paint with, and I know not all function this way, but I've overheard the conference calls, and their managers "lead" the same way. It's a joke.
When I started, I learned the hyper aggressive stuff first too. Be feared not loved. But I noticed that people became tone deaf to the maniacs, and maniacs were hated. I learned to adjust my approach to more of "take care of people who take care of you" and things go much better.

When I started, I learned the hyper aggressive stuff first too. Be feared not loved. But I noticed that people became tone deaf to the maniacs, and maniacs were hated. I learned to adjust my approach to more of "take care of people who take care of you" and things go much better.
Good for you, man, wish more understood this. A good leader serves his followers.

PT Car Washer

I work 30 hours a week PT. Always 6th punch and bid on every FT sheet. Do extra shifts in the evening when offered too and driver helper every peak.
I normally work at least 40+ hours a week and that is down from 50 hours. 6 days a week .FT delivery drivers don't want to work there are others who will take the money.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
A lot of sympathy from management. Not a very strong class conflict vibe in our building!

I got the general feeling that this is a done deal.

Settled soon… The feds have laid down the law, this labor agreement has been on their radar for years, both political parties are in agreement, that is why you are hearing no support for the Company from either side. The acting labor secretary non verbals about mediation is a dead give away. No indication of a major drop of UPS stock in the markets would be another indicator.

UPS is just trying to save a nickel or two, they already settled the non-economic issues and all the supplements and riders already.

When this Contract is settled UPS will have a good excuse for further restructuring of their management, raise their shipping costs and get back to enjoying their profit sharing and keeping their shareholders happy.

There is a reason that we only had two nationwide strikes in our history.

If this coming tentative gets passed and the rest of the targeted unorganized workers see our massive improvements. Their overlords will have to pay up or face more political and economical pressures for collective bargaining. In the long run if UPS gets generous with this one it will help them complete and provide a more level playing field.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So do I, I was reading an article that said after 97 strike, UPS was able to recover 90% of its volume. This time, they would only recover 70%. Even if those numbers are off, it’s still a lot of lost revenue.
More competition now then 97

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
IMG_2200.jpeg

Perhaps maybe the company should pay part timers in turkeys per hour.