UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

dudebro

The company should have used some of that dividend money to pay debt down instead of issue new 50-year debt
Maybe, but I'm actually behind what I think the Teamster vision is. Use that money to pay our people, we're still very profitable, then take that contract to Amazon and FDX and unionize them too. Then let them all compete with us on a level playing field, with professional logistics workers who earn a living wage.

It looks like State St, Blackrock, and Vanguard would rather see us lower our driver wages to bring them in line with FDX and AMZN instead of the other way around. friend those fat pencil pushers.

Maybe, but I'm actually behind what I think the Teamster vision is. Use that money to pay our people, we're still very profitable, then take that contract to Amazon and FDX and unionize them too. Then let them all compete with us on a level playing field, with professional logistics workers who earn a living wage.

It looks like State St, Blackrock, and Vanguard would rather see us lower our driver wages to bring them in line with FDX and AMZN instead of the other way around. friend those fat pencil pushers.
Company needs to find the right balance of taking care of their employees and not getting themselves into too much debt.

This my personal opinion the company is focused on the short-term Outlook unlike the original founders of this company that looked decades down the road.

SpicyItalian739

Someone replied about part timers not staying their 3.5 half, the amount of 22.3 in our building that leave before their 8 or not even get their 3.5 on both shifts.

We have to get this right if we are a union. We can’t have new hires get 22 dollars an hour and 200 attendance bonus to make more then a 22 year part timer.

MRA should get added to full time. At my building they are just about hiring 22.3 off street and drivers 3-6 months.

I think the language floating around 20 dollar base pay and .75 cents for each year is great.
I don’t get the math on this. I’m at 23 years part-time and am slightly over $30/hr. How is a part-timer with the company 1 year less only making under $22 an hour? They should still be making over $29, unless there’s a huge disparity per rider. I’m in central states.

But yes, the $20 base +0.75 makes a lot of sense without giving part-timers too much. It rewards seniority, which it should.

Karma...

There’s a theory going around among the people I work with that he won’t accept a penny less than what he’s asking for. I found it odd that even when UPS said ok let’s meet again and give us till July 5th he was still making threats thru social media. Like why do that? You better give us what we want. At some point everyone knows how UPS is, that was only going to piss someone off. A lot of people I work with think he actually wants a strike to drum up support from other workers like Amazon to agree to unionize. I’m fine with whatever happens, if we strike we strike but it’s almost as if he wants one.
exactly put

dudebro

I don’t get the math on this. I’m at 23 years part-time and am slightly over $30/hr. How is a part-timer with the company 1 year less only making under $22 an hour? They should still be making over $29, unless there’s a huge disparity per rider. I’m in central states.

But yes, the $20 base +0.75 makes a lot of sense without giving part-timers too much. It rewards seniority, which it should.
The MRA includes the "attendance bonus", so if you earn $22/hr, and after a 20 hour week you get a $200 attendance bonus, it's really like earning $32/hr. The $200/20 hrs is like an additional $10/hr. For a 25 hour week it's still $30/hr all in.

SpicyItalian739

The MRA includes the "attendance bonus", so if you earn $22/hr, and after a 20 hour week you get a $200 attendance bonus, it's really like earning $32/hr. The $200/20 hrs is like an additional $10/hr. For a 25 hour week it's still $30/hr all in.
Ok that makes sense. I just read it as a new employee made $22 an hour which was more than a 22 year part timer, and it didn’t add up.

How many of those newer PTers actually show up on time enough to get the attendance bonus though? I wonder.

At any rate, it tracks with UPS’s modus operandi—namely pitting the employees against each other and not letting them unite against management.

Ok that makes sense. I just read it as a new employee made $22 an hour which was more than a 22 year part timer, and it didn’t add up.

How many of those newer PTers actually show up on time enough to get the attendance bonus though? I wonder.

At any rate, it tracks with UPS’s modus operandi—namely pitting the employees against each other and not letting them unite against management.
Well it should not be an MRA unless the current employees make at least that much if not a little bit more

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
They really can't afford to do that again and the tools are not as strong for them to step on this potential strike, however, behind the scenes I am sure the administration will be leaning on both sides to make a deal
The acting secretary of labor said there is no need for them to intervene "at this point". So the Democrats will butt into our dispute whenever they feel like it.

She also said a fair contract is one that the workers vote to pass. This is exactly what UPS wants to hear. Democrats will push O'Brien to send it to a vote whether he likes it or not.

UPS probably thinks whatever they send to a vote will pass, especially if it's really only part time raises that are the sticking point. They might be right.

Drink Craft Beer

No attendance bonus offered where I'm at, would be nice though.

Why you posting now after all these years?

I guess they are borrowing money for future expansion you have to pay attention to the financials
troy-laugh.gif