UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

View attachment 437032
Rotisserie sounds nice.
Turkey breast is better
IMG_20230704_182309494_HDR.jpg

ManInBrown

I got the general feeling that this is a done deal.

Settled soon… The feds have laid down the law, this labor agreement has been on their radar for years, both political parties are in agreement, that is why you are hearing no support for the Company from either side. The acting labor secretary non verbals about mediation is a dead give away. No indication of a major drop of UPS stock in the markets would be another indicator.

UPS is just trying to save a nickel or two, they already settled the non-economic issues and all the supplements and riders already.

When this Contract is settled UPS will have a good excuse for further restructuring of their management, raise their shipping costs and get back to enjoying their profit sharing and keeping their shareholders happy.

There is a reason that we only had two nationwide strikes in our history.

If this coming tentative gets passed and the rest of the targeted unorganized workers see our massive improvements. Their overlords will have to pay up or face more political and economical pressures for collective bargaining. In the long run if UPS gets generous with this one it will help them complete and provide a more level playing field.
Disagree. If it was done they’d announce it. Any talk of a strike can result in a loss of customers. Why would they risk that.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
In all honesty they should just make it easier to go full time. So if a part timer is working full time hours after a certain period they get bumped to fulltime that way they don’t get screwed over on the pension. I can only see relying on part time long term if they’re just in for the benefits and it supplements their other job.

Thebrownblob

In all honesty they should just make it easier to go full time. So if a part timer is working full time hours after a certain period they get bumped to fulltime that way they don’t get screwed over on the pension. I can only see relying on part time long term if they’re just in for the benefits and it supplements their other job.
Uh oh @HarryWarden isnt gonna like this. Although I agree more full-time opportunities would make more sense. It got us immense support from the public in 97.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
If this coming tentative gets passed and the rest of the targeted unorganized workers see our massive improvements. Their overlords will have to pay up or face more political and economical pressures for collective bargaining. In the long run if UPS gets generous with this one it will help them complete and provide a more level playing field.
I believe if we go on strike it will be the catalyst to show the unorganized workforce the leverage collective bargaining brings. As of now I believe only 6% are under collective bargaining in the private sector where it peaked up to 30% in the 1950s, the golden age.

No, just smoked on a pellet smoker. I plan on bringing a generator and fans anyway. It’s HOT in Louisiana and I’m already used to the fans on the truck so don’t want to shock my body too much!
Had the wife pick up about a dozen 8-10 lb pork butts on sale a month or so ago. Pulled pork, enchiladas, carnitas etc. We're gonna be alright.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Uh oh @HarryWarden isnt gonna like this. Although I agree more full-time opportunities would make more sense. It got us immense support from the public in 97.
I mean its in the name, lol: part time job. I knew what I signed up for when I traded the amazon blues for a chance to don the browns. I see it like an apprenticeship tbh. It’s not something to fully provide for a family with, that’ll be partly. If I really want to fully provide I will fill up most of my time to do it. However, they do need to raise the wages to keep it competitive and attract the next generation of teamsters to pay dues and in the pension.

Thebrownblob

I mean its in the name, lol: part time job. I knew what I signed up for when I traded the amazon blues for a chance to don the browns. I see it like an apprenticeship tbh. It’s not something to fully provide for a family with, that’ll be partly. If I really want to fully provide I will fill up most of my time to do it. However, they do need to raise the wages to keep it competitive and attract the next generation of teamsters to pay dues and in the pension.
My Part time journey started as a student, then, as I saw the prospects and weighed my options, joined the fight, create full-time union jobs. I believe it was the real path to solid middle-class America and it has been for me.

RTS313

I worked almost 8 years part time and I was pissed about it. Part-time pension very few guaranteed hours, I can’t imagine going a decade and thinking that’s where I want to stay. Leaving a lot on the table. 🤷‍♂️
Very few guaranteed hours?
Don’t you need to work just a minimum of 750 hours in a Calendar year to get credited?