UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

PT Car Washer

You're way off basis here
You got a punk like that is taking advantage of the system and it's taken away a full time job from a part-timer wants to move up on the ladder
Dude you need to take a chill pill. You won't have to worry about retirement if every little thing you can't control sends you over the edge. Maybe, just maybe our supplement is different from yours and the Union Local says I am in the right. What is it to you?

Contract season brings all the boys to the yard!
Screenshot_20230708_171314_Chrome.jpg

Complaining about stock buyback and all...Do you all own some UPS stocks? You got the dividends that UPS paid out. You want more than that? Start your own business.
stock buybacks and I'd even say dividends are tools of parasites, not creators

please stop sticking up for billionaire financiers who literally hate you and would see your children burned alive before they surrender a single % of wealth

dudebro

Well it should not be an MRA unless the current employees make at least that much if not a little bit more
I understand why it angers people, but the MRA wunderkinder are not getting healthcare or pension, which I can't help but point out are HUGE benefits.

Add $17-22 per hour in benefits to the permanent PT employees and I don't think there's a single case where a peak casual with MRA was earning more than a permanent employee.

Just because some 83 IQ PTers " don't care" about their benefits doesn't mean they don't exist.

Brownwind

Someone replied about part timers not staying their 3.5 half, the amount of 22.3 in our building that leave before their 8 or not even get their 3.5 on both shifts.

We have to get this right if we are a union. We can’t have new hires get 22 dollars an hour and 200 attendance bonus to make more then a 22 year part timer.

MRA should get added to full time. At my building they are just about hiring 22.3 off street and drivers 3-6 months.

I think the language floating around 20 dollar base pay and .75 cents for each year is great.
22.3 sounds like a premium job for many. (If it’s only eight hours) good pay without having to leave the building. Imagine never chaining up or freezing in the winter?

anonymous23456

stock buybacks and I'd even say dividends are tools of parasites, not creators

please stop sticking up for billionaire financiers who literally hate you and would see your children burned alive before they surrender a single % of wealth
Stock buybacks and dividends are OK if doing it moderately. It is a tool of capitalist societies. Do you have another economic model? Even money market CD needs interest paid for retirees.

PT Car Washer

I understand why it angers people, but the MRA wunderkinder are not getting healthcare or pension, which I can't help but point out are HUGE benefits.

Add $17-22 per hour in benefits to the permanent PT employees and I don't think there's a single case where a peak casual with MRA was earning more than a permanent employee.

Just because some 83 IQ PTers " don't care" about their benefits doesn't mean they don't exist.
PT members who are getting MRA are receiving benefits if they have been here long enough. Earlier this year I was receiving the $75/week show up bonus making me and a few other PT the highest paid hourlies in the building including Feeder drivers.

PT Car Washer

22.3 sounds like a premium job for many. (If it’s only eight hours) good pay without having to leave the building. Imagine never chaining up or freezing in the winter?
Go for it if you want to unload for 4 hours and then have an hour and a half break followed by 4 hours of loading. Those trailers don't have heat or air conditioning.

Stock buybacks and dividends are OK if doing it moderately. It is a tool of capitalist societies. Do you have another economic model? Even money market CD needs interest paid for retirees.
no it's a tool of financial fraud, manipulation, and trickery like most of the stock market

suckering rubes into believing "wall street = capitalism" has been the greatest trick of all time

our founder was wise enough to see this manipulation first hand and pull UPS from the stock market entirely

dudebro

PT members who are getting MRA are receiving benefits if they have been here long enough. Earlier this year I was receiving the $75/week show up bonus making me and a few other PT the highest paid hourlies in the building including Feeder drivers.
Yea but don't you have 107 years of seniority? You're not the average MRA recipient whose Mom kicked him out of her basement last week.

dudebro

Go for it if you want to unload for 4 hours and then have an hour and a half break followed by 4 hours of loading. Those trailers don't have heat or air conditioning.
Well, on the bright side, I don't ever remember wishing I had heat in the trailers. Even on the night sorts.

Pullman Brown

The acting secretary of labor said there is no need for them to intervene "at this point". So the Democrats will butt into our dispute whenever they feel like it.

She also said a fair contract is one that the workers vote to pass. This is exactly what UPS wants to hear. Democrats will push O'Brien to send it to a vote whether he likes it or not.

UPS probably thinks whatever they send to a vote will pass, especially if it's really only part time raises that are the sticking point. They might be right.

Bingo, that’s why the union won’t let it go for a vote I would be shocked if it didn’t pass from what I have seen.

Unfortunately they do not recognize the value of the benefits but on the other hand it creates bad blood when somebody else is making more than an employee that's been here for a few years

dudebro

Unfortunately they do not recognize the value of the benefits but on the other hand it creates bad blood when somebody else is making more than an employee that's been here for a few years
That's where I believe we in mgmt have done a poor job of communication. Good labor relations starts with the interactions you have every day.

Brownwind

Our supplement allows for a lunch period between shifts. I did cover the pick and all I did was dump bags and then clean up the building. Easy enough for an old guy.