Double triple spy?
Hmm

Carols nephew?

Perhaps?
Carols Gimp?
1688929323963.gif

Non liberal

Someone said:
"It's easy to find someone who can work full-time at UPS. Not nearly as easy for someone to make the part-time lifestyle work for them. Reliable, knowledgeable, experienced part-timers provide tremendous economic value to UPS. They should be paid accordingly."

UPS likes PT because they pay less.
Only problem is if they were paid too much they would no longer provide that tremendous economic value. At some point it will be more economical to just hire full time only.

Pullman Brown

In all honesty they should just make it easier to go full time. So if a part timer is working full time hours after a certain period they get bumped to fulltime that way they donā€™t get screwed over on the pension. I can only see relying on part time long term if theyā€™re just in for the benefits and it supplements their other job.

But thatā€™s just it, in the 19 years I have been here, generally speaking, I have never seen so many full time opportunities in the last three years.

Trucker Clock

They are closing a lot of the smaller buildings. ā€œBetter not biggerā€

Theyā€™re closing, or moving certain sorts, from smaller hubs to larger hubs. There are still small centers in each hub area. Probably 1/2 to 3/4 of UPS buildings are centers that just run 2 shifts. A morning preload and an evening reload, or local, sort.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Probably 1/2 to 3/4 of UPS buildings are centers that just run 2 shifts. A morning preload and an evening reload, or local, sort.

Yep.

One of my pet peeves, was everyone that referred to their building as a "Hub".

There are only like 23 (?) actual Hubs. I stopped trying to correct them.

It caused me to develop a nervous twitch.

:biggrin:

Zowert

Yep.

One of my pet peeves, was everyone that referred to their building as a "Hub".

There are only like 23 (?) actual Hubs. I stopped trying to correct them.

It caused me to develop a nervous twitch.

:biggrin:
That kinda gets on my nerves as well, I donā€™t know why but it does. Most of us work at a center, but I donā€™t mind people calling it a warehouse for some reason.

Non liberal

Theyā€™re closing, or moving certain sorts, from smaller hubs to larger hubs. There are still small centers in each hub area. Probably 1/2 to 3/4 of UPS buildings are centers that just run 2 shifts. A morning preload and an evening reload, or local, sort.
Yeah, it was just a suggestion. Itā€™s possible, they can do whatever they want. And when it becomes to expensive to do something, theyā€™ll change it.

Non liberal

Whoa....

FrankLuscher115937-1440x752-FEATURE.jpg

In his 50s, Frank Luscher chose to leave decades of experience in manufacturing and test engineering behind to become a delivery driver at UPS. And heā€™s glad he did.

Following a move to Austin, Texas, Frank joined UPS part-time during the holiday peak season to earn some extra money. After discovering our industry-leading pay and benefits, he quickly decided to make driving his full-time career.

ā€œUPS is paying drivers the equivalent to what some senior engineers in my old field were making,ā€ Frank said. ā€œHow many jobs can you start with no experience and earn the same salary as other fields that require years of experience plus a degree?ā€

Did you know? Average annual pay for a full-time UPS small package driver is $95,000 a year, with an additional $50,000 in health, welfare and pension contributions. Total compensation is about $145,000 a year, on average.
The part they donā€™t tell you is that engineer could make that working 40hrs. The ups driver has to work 55 hrs a week to make 95000yr