UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

anonymous23456

No it isn’t. I’ve seen them do it. Or if it is the union isn’t doing anything about… sounds about right for lefties.
True story...I was at Ford in the Detroit years ago doing some service call as a vendor (Not UPS. I didn't work for UPS then). We have to update software on our instrument that Ford bought.

All I need to do is to insert a USB stick into the computer to upload and update the machine. I am not allowed to insert that USB stick. "It's Union job. You are not allowed to do that."

"Where is the Union guy who runs this test cell? He is out to lunch and will be back in 30 minutes."

30 minutes later the Union guy showed up. After hearing what I told him I wanted to do. He said: "go ahead".

I proceeded to do my job! >:(

Last edited:

Johney

True story...I was at Ford in the Detroit years ago doing some service call as a vendor (Not UPS. I didn't work for UPS then). We have to update software on our instrument that Ford bought.

All I need to do is to insert a USB stick into the computer and upload and update the machine. I am not allowed to insert that USB stick. "It's Union job. You are not allowed to do that."

"Where is the Union guy who runs this test cell? He is out to lunch and will be back in 30 minutes."

30 minutes later the Union guy showed up. After hearing what I told him I wanted to do. He said: "go ahead".

Were you paid by the hour for this job?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Salary!!!
IMG_4760.gif

MORS HOSTIBUS

Complaining about stock buyback and all...Do you all own some UPS stocks? You got the dividends that UPS paid out. You want more than that? Start your own business.
The corporate board inhere

All I need to do is to insert a USB stick into the computer to upload and update the machine. I am not allowed to insert that USB stick. "It's Union job. You are not allowed to do that."

There are so many versions of the same story, it's probably bull💩.

Ie was always a yes man operation. In the early 90's. Ups gave ie the keys to run the company. Only to take them back due to them running it into the ground.
figures since IE is an optimization department, a company should be run by a GROWTH department like, Allah forgive me for saying it, Sales