UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Non liberal

Here is the thing. He isn't quite an engineer. There is no indication that he got a BS in Electronics/Electrical engineering degree. If so, he would be working at Intel, Texas Instrument, Honeywell, AT&T, and so on. There are people with title "engineering" aren't real engineers.
I actually work with 2 previous engineers who came to work for big brown.

Pullman Brown

And those forced is also a very small percentage of the overall.

Not in my center. Over a hundred and twenty drivers. 44 Saturday routes. 18 22.4’s. Over 55 RPCD drivers on forced list for over three years. In the other center last year, the whole RPCD list minus top ten drivers were on list. 90 plus drivers. I don’t know if this is normal for big buildings with multiple centers. If the Union wants a talking point here you go. They never even tried to staff the operations appropriately.

They made a lot of money doing this. Maximum profit’s versus adequate profits! They tried discipline but it never worked! Managers and supervisors on the ground had no control over it. Totally sympathized with us, wrote emails to corporate etc.. to no avail. I think our business agent didn’t know what he was doing and because of this and many other issues has others running against him and has a good chance of loosing!

Last edited:

Undertow

Most people on forced 6th punch aren't top pay.
Most isn't by any means all and not every building has enough 22.4's to dump on due to the higher turnover rate that classification has experienced. And it's not as if Saturdays are some new thing either as they've been around more than 6 years. There's RPCD's long done with the progression but very low on seniority lists.

That's just one of the many reasons I'm not surprised at all that we saw the company concede on the two-tier plan in the span of one contract. It wasn't the pot at the end of the rainbow they envisioned it would be years ago.

Undertow

Not in my center. Over a hundred and twenty drivers. 44 Saturday routes. 18 22.4’s. Over 55 RPCD drivers on forced list for over three years. In the other center last year, the whole RPCD list minus top ten drivers were on list. 90 plus drivers. I don’t know if this is normal for big buildings with multiple centers. If the Union wants a talking point here you go. They never even tried to staff the operations appropriately.

They made a lot of money doing this. Maximum profit’s versus adequate profits! They tried discipline but it never worked! Managers and supervisors on the ground had no control over it. Totally sympathized with us, wrote emails to corporate etc.. to no avail. I think our business agent didn’t know what he was doing and because of this and many other issues has others running against him and has a good chance of loosing!
Not quite that far gone in my building, but yeah the proclamations of "We'll have this classification fully staffed within months" back in late 2018 never became a reality and the sups that have to deal with it are plain fed up. I think the on-cars might have wanted it gone even more than the FT hourlies. I had my doubts it would ever work when Hoffa made that Faustian bargain with the company 5 years ago. If Atlanta would only swallow it's pride and face up to the fact that ORION is as bad of an idea or worse...LOL

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Came across this, usually it is at the end of july

Screenshot_20230710_063306_Samsung Internet.jpg