UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If I'm the only one that remembers reading that then I must have dreamt it.
I think I vaguely remember seeing something like that. I definitely remember seeing drivers hired after 8-1-23 would top out in 4 years at $32/h. Seeing that one got me seething. That’s the same crap as a 22.4.

K20A

So tues-Saturday is gonna be volunteer first, if not enough spots filled, it will be forced from bottom up?

Manifesto

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was on one of those proposals (most likely fake) that circulated around. Maybe I'm wrong, l have to dig back.
I could be wrong and I don't want to search through all the threads, but I think you got that from something some idiot said who seemed to think taking away overtime after 8 would help with something else. Obviously I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

Manifesto

Screenshot_20230701_231342_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230701_231342_Samsung Internet.jpg

Non liberal

Yep. Saw this a couple weeks back. I’m not completely impressed with the $6.50 in raised in the life of the contract. That doesn’t keep up with the inflation going on these days.
That sucks. They were only making like $26 hr to begin with. Hope that isn’t a sign of what we’re going to get. They’re the lowest paid trucking company I know of.

Non liberal

It was a 25% raise (15% up front) from a company that made $290M. TF would you be pissed for if we got a 25% raise?
They got $3.50 an hr up front that gets eaten up by inflation, so they got $3 for the life of their contract. Sorry, I think that sucks! If it wasn’t for inflation I could see your point.

They got $3.50 an hr up front that gets eaten up by inflation, so they got $3 for the life of their contract. Sorry, I think that sucks! If it wasn’t for inflation I could see your point.
I don't care if you can see it. Inflation is based on a percentage, it's simple math. If we got $4.50 tomorrow, we would be even with inflation, we make 50% more than they do.

Non liberal

I don't care if you can see it. Inflation is based on a percentage, it's simple math. If we got $4.50 tomorrow, we would be even with inflation, we make 50% more than they do.
And our company makes 500% more than they do. They were already behind in wages, the company was already winning before negotiations started, ever since the last contract. The going rate for driving a truck is $30hr. They made $26. So congrats abf you now make what everybody has been making for the last 5 yrs. Enjoy your $3hr over the next five during the worst inflation in 50yrs