UPS LATEST PROPOSAL

JustDeliverIt

Yeah idk, he doesn’t seem to be taking his foot off of the throttle, he knows at this point they can’t strike. He’s squeezing every last drop out of that lemon. I’m fine with it just wondering if we as employees will pay in some way as UPS needs to maintain their profits.
Anyone want to chime in with ideas on the cost cutting measures UPS will undertake, fire away.

I agree, everything coming out seems to be great for us so far. Have to see the language to see how we got there but confident in what SOB has done so far.

I honestly feel having rank and file members there has been a huge advantage for us. Having people who are affected by the bs the company throws at us has led to better insights and improved language imo.

Also, squeeze that lemon for all you can. The company will still be very profitable even with these new changes and a healthy raise for us. I’m not going to lose sleep if the company only makes 7-8 billion next year.

JustDeliverIt

Yeah idk, he doesn’t seem to be taking his foot off of the throttle, he knows at this point they can’t strike. He’s squeezing every last drop out of that lemon. I’m fine with it just wondering if we as employees will pay in some way as UPS needs to maintain their profits.
Anyone want to chime in with ideas on the cost cutting measures UPS will undertake, fire away.

And if they want to cut costs, management is very bloated imo. Between the cradles, telematics and outward facing cameras they have pretty much eliminated the need for on cars. Or at least as many as there are. We all felt like this technology was to replace us, a back up plan is to replace management positions.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I agree, everything coming out seems to be great for us so far. Have to see the language to see how we got there but confident in what SOB has done so far.

Also, squeeze that lemon for all you can. The company will still be very profitable even with these new changes and a healthy raise for us. I’m not going to lose sleep if the company only makes 7-8 billion next year.
Exactly

Downside management?

Works for me.

Thebrownblob

Downside management?

Works for me.
I think that’s been the plan from the beginning especially with a lot of the technology.

Most of these managers can do their work from a laptop at home convenient for sure, but also making their job streamlined and some of them unnecessary.
You could run the center with a manager, and one other full-time on road and a couple part-time Supervisors.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I think that’s been the plan from the beginning especially with a lot of the technology.

Most of these managers can do their work from a laptop at home convenient for sure, but also making their job streamlined and some of them unnecessary.
You could run the center with a manager, and one other full-time on road and a couple part-time Supervisors.
Honestly though somebody still needs to be there to bully property managers into providing building access. It's like the #1 time wasting problem right now. Amazon dispatch is like 6 people "owners" in office chairs but somehow they can get into any building they want into. Just another issue of priorities, focusing on the wrong things.

Bingo!

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Unfortunately many people do not understand it

To not have a two-tier weight system anymore and not to be forced to work 6 days how much is that worth?

In the, (is it real) proposal, at the beginning of this thread, there was an 8h list, with auto come in and punchout without having to complete dispatch.
If that were actually true and that language real, id give up any raise for the ability to actually be with my family on a regular basis.
Language is life

In the, (is it real) proposal, at the beginning of this thread, there was an 8h list, with auto come in and punchout without having to complete dispatch.
If that were actually true and that language real, id give up any raise for the ability to actually be with my family on a regular basis.
Language is life
Like I said many times most of the numbers only look at the raises ,not at the actual language.

We got some really huge wins so far

some1else

Banned
Like I said many times most of the numbers only look at the raises ,not at the actual language.

We got some really huge wins so far
That’s true to an extent. This job will never be a cushy work from home log into the laptop and watch judge joe brown type job. Yes changing work rules to make it better is important but the only reason we are here is the pay premium vs other jobs with the same qualifications. If we don’t maintain that premium working here is never going to be worth it AC or not. 55$/hr I can put up with a lot of :censored2:
tl;dr show me the money.

That’s true to an extent. This job will never be a cushy work from home log into the laptop and watch judge joe brown type job. Yes changing work rules to make it better is important but the only reason we are here is the pay premium vs other jobs with the same qualifications. If we don’t maintain that premium working here is never going to be worth it AC or not. 55$/hr I can put up with a lot of :censored2:
tl;dr show me the money.
You have to think long term if you plan on making this job your career

9.5mania

My center manager is in charge of two centers, and at the moment, we have no on road sups. Our building runs just fine. I’ve always thought the plan was to eliminate FT sups and to staff with PT sups. Makes plenty in sense with Atlanta really the one’s running the show thanks to technology.

9.5mania

They will keep eliminating FT supervisor and office position and I judge snapping photos of delivery locations will start an avalanche of article 10’s on driver follow ups.

Let’s also remember that we all have been increasing our productively and are the most productive and cost effective pkg delivery service in the world. We are a major source of their profits, they are having to share a bit more. UPS will be fine.