UPS management can thank the Teamsters

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Imagine being so racist you're mad about a paid day off of work.
Who's mad? I didn't hear not one complain about a free day off?

I do see discussion about who exactly to thank for the paid off but no complaining.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Perhaps that was the reason but now I think we use it as a way to push as many packages on cheaper labor Saturday so that Monday and Tuesday there’s less to do.
I think the cost of Saturday air alone surpasses what they make on the ground deliveries.

Perhaps that was the reason but now I think we use it as a way to push as many packages on cheaper labor Saturday so that Monday and Tuesday there’s less to do.
the package savings of doing that are utterly obliterated by the added feeder costs; if there was no competition pressure we would NEVER do weekends outside of peak

Fido

But now we got rid of the two tier wage

And you were paying me top dollar to be unproductive on Monday

The company really needs to figure this out
Apparently some buildings aren’t doing Saturdays based on amount of volume with the number of routes going out.
It might happen here but all the low seniority drivers are too lazy to ask for 8 and even more scared to file the grievance for it.
When that starts to happen center manager might get the go to cancel Saturdays and go back to m-Friday.

Apparently some buildings aren’t doing Saturdays based on amount of volume with the number of routes going out.
It might happen here but all the low seniority drivers are too lazy to ask for 8 and even more scared to file the grievance for it.
When that starts to happen center manager might get the go to cancel Saturdays and go back to m-Friday.
Saturday should be next Day Air products and an extra fee if you want to ground package on a Saturday

Fido

Saturday should be next Day Air products and an extra fee if you want to ground package on a Saturday
Maybe companies who get actual deliveries on Saturday for business pay for the extra day of service? Majority of our business are loaded onto trucks for Monday delivery because they aren’t open. But pretty dumb on the amount of Saturday air that gets sent to businesses on Saturday and they still have to be attempted.

Maybe companies who get actual deliveries on Saturday for business pay for the extra day of service? Majority of our business are loaded onto trucks for Monday delivery because they aren’t open. But pretty dumb on the amount of Saturday air that gets sent to businesses on Saturday and they still have to be attempted.
When I used to work on Saturdays during Peak
We had some of Monday's work loaded on our car

After I did my Saturday deliveries I will look for businesses that is closed on Mondays and deliver them on that Saturday

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
We needed Saturday delivery because they were.
That a big misconception. If the company approached it like chickfila does. It would have gained us more volume. A lot of people don't like seeing delivery trucks 7 days on the road..

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Zero possibility.

Same as Kennedy being shot. He was facing tough prospects of reelection in 63. One head shot and he's instantly a god like martyr. Fast forward to Johnson's Great Society and Immigration Act of 1965.
He was facing it because he wanted the cia gone, and the dollar to not be involved with the central bank.

Anthropomorphic Cow

the package savings of doing that are utterly obliterated by the added feeder costs; if there was no competition pressure we would NEVER do weekends outside of peak
I think all these companies overestimate how quickly people want their packages. Especially now that so many people get multiple deliveries a day, so you think Emily cares that her paper towels on monthly re-order spent 1 day instead of 3 in transit.

nWo

I_HSGk1GFvP-xaee-aP1dt2uZ30MOYynP3rfpftk-Bs.png

I think all these companies overestimate how quickly people want their packages. Especially now that so many people get multiple deliveries a day, so you think Emily cares that her paper towels on monthly re-order spent 1 day instead of 3 in transit.
people care but probably not enough to pay extra for it

i think if there were true price discovery on Amazon's model not hidden by a subscription fee, we'd be back to pre-weekend service models just about everywhere