Wave byebye.

quad decade guy

What we need is a bunch of children and housewives in the yard.
Our yard is uncontrolled , ANYONE can enter at will....personal vehicles...anything and will not be challenged. Then access to the building....unchallenged. Big building with access to the air dock....

To be clear, we do have guards and guard shacks...but they won't come out unless you honk. And never challenge personal vehicles....They used to have passes....

But now mgmt and anyone else just parks in tractor parking. Former mgt now has a parts hotshot and flies around the yard delivering to automotive....without checking in...

Box Ox

Just when i didnt think UPS could do anything more wasteful lol

Some in my region might think this is a cynical ploy by management to light a fire under the young and/or running scared drivers by waving their families around in front of them at work.

We did something similar last summer. But didn't call it a *ing wave off. Think it was family appreciation day, of course they didn't provide any sort of refreshment or food to either the drivers or the family.

Not surprised.

542thruNthru

Some in my region might think this is a cynical ploy by management to light a fire under the young and/or running scared drivers by waving their families around in front of them at work.

Not surprised.
2 families showed up out of around 300 driver's. The rest were PT sups, center manager and soon to be driver's that are in class. A total of maybe 15 people.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This has to be one of the stupidest events I've ever heard of !! Only thing I can think that tops it was a wrestling ring set up in my center with a fake match with a DHL FedEx and a UPS driver
That was embarrassing enough I had to look away

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This has to be one of the stupidest events I've ever heard of !! Only thing I can think that tops it was a wrestling ring set up in my center with a fake match with a DHL FedEx and a UPS driver
Who was the referee?? An Amazon driver?

Big Rigger

Wondering if any where else is doing this or just my stupid building lol.
View attachment 342702
Good thing we don't have the cameras yet or lots of people would get "coaching sessions" on waving while driving.
Wouldn't it be funny to have everyone out there waving like a fake game show, the video of which is sent to the division, and a driver rear-ends another vehicle in front of him as he is waving at the family.
Distracted and billboarding.

Btw, does it take the edge off of 11 HR days in the heat?
SMH

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
giphy.gif