What are you listening to? 5.1

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Circa 1974' Now this was some "Bad Ass" music for sure. Saw Trower with King Crimson in 74' and that was some damn good music for sure. Trower stood stage side watching Bob Fripp with Crimson and Bob stood stage side and watched Trower's set.

Robin Trower is still making the rounds in clubs. Keeping my eyes peeled.

wkmac

Robin Trower is still making the rounds in clubs. Keeping my eyes peeled.

True and so does Crimson. My daughter (the drummer in the family) knows Gavin Harrison who is also the drummer for Crimson and she and I are discussing a road trip later this year to go see them when they tour the States. Trower comes to town quite often to a local music venue but it's always on a week night when I'm working. Might have to burn an option day sometime and make it happen.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
tumblr_nrz82uGDhd1sfcc0jo1_500.gif

wkmac

Circa August 1970'. The addition of Mike Pinera from Blues Image (Ride Captain Ride) and Larry "Rhino" Reinhardt from Second Coming (band mates with Dickey Betts and the late Barry Oakley pre Allman Brothers) to Butterfly made this a powerful lineup but the band came apart in May 71' when Doug Ingle decided to leave but they went out with a bang.

wkmac

As much as I liked their 71' first album and their 2nd album in 1973', Tyranny and Mutation, Blue Oyster Cult's 1974' album Secret Treaties was kickin'.